It’s a lot worse than we all realize. I had a service safety restraint light warning. (Wound up being faulty seat belt pre-tensioner). Made an appointment. They pushed me back due to no parts availability. The day I went in for appointment - I found out about the recall for the pre-tensioner - AND found out (100% certain) they were repairing trucks on the lot so they could sell them first. Profit over customers safety as there was a sell freeze unless vehicles had the fix for the potential fires.  I love my truck - but what’s my wife and son’s safety worth?  Dealer has now had my truck since 12/10/2019.  I’m being WELL taken care of with loaners - but they haven’t even come clean and told me what’s wrong. I found out here. I’ve been told it’s a computer related to the airbags and seatbelts they had to replace and it was on back order. Since I’m an anal SOB - I take pics of all warning lights when they happen. Been having weird stuff happen since truck had about 6,000 miles on it. 

22 hours ago, Shawn O'Leary said:

Just got the same call. They reset the brake update, asked me to remote start from the app, and the problem reappeared. Then they reset it again and told me not to use the app to start it until they have new software. 

Can you guys posts up in a couple days if not using the app or fob to remote start keeps you problem free? 

My dealer wants to replace master cylinder and brake module. On backorder until who knows when. 

I haven't had my truck since 12/19 and I want it back, if it's as simple as a software bug and not using those first world features...

2 minutes ago, Ashley6462 said:

Can you guys posts up in a couple days if not using the app or fob to remote start keeps you problem free? 

My dealer wants to replace master cylinder and brake module. On backorder until who knows when. 

I haven't had my truck since 12/19 and I want it back, if it's as simple as a software bug and not using those first world features...

Will do. Only been a day but no issues so far.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Shawn O'Leary said:

12 minutes ago, SliveradoWPG said:

I will as well. Also only been a day for me but no issues. I've been exclusively using the key FOB and avoiding the app. 

Much appreciated guys, my dealer is a little old school and apprehensive about giving me it back without the parts.

I said right out of the gate it was a software issue and now that I think we have it narrowed down to the app (both my failures were after app starts) I want my truck back. Hopefully there's a patch soon.

I just wish GM would send all the dealers the same info about this issue

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shawn O'Leary said:

Shawn - did you get confirmation from your friend that the patch was sent out last evening?  I was hoping maybe I would hear something if it was successful.  I haven’t even heard from my “Service Advisor” since 12/31.

Just now, 2019ArkansasSierra said:

Shawn - did you get confirmation from your friend that the patch was sent out last evening?  I was hoping maybe I would hear something if it was successful.  I haven’t even heard from my “Service Advisor” since 12/31.

Havent heard from him today. Yesterday he said it was starting to roll out, which I took to mean not all at once. I'll ask for clarification. 

3 hours ago, Shawn O'Leary said:

Havent heard from him today. Yesterday he said it was starting to roll out, which I took to mean not all at once. I'll ask for clarification. 

If anything is going out, it will be on a rollout basis. I haven't seen anything at my truck as of yet. So the more people looking the better.

Well, I took these instructions with me and now I think my Lane Keep Assist works.....kinda.  Drove it home and the icon turned green, thought all was well, no sooner thought that and the icon turned back to white which I assume means it's not active.  It blinked green a couple more times then went white for good now.  I'm going to drive it around more today at the proper speed for it to learn and see if it kicks in for good.

my CTB is at the dealer today for 2 recalls, brakes and seat belt. I brought with me the notice from GM that I found on here to replace all pads if the vehicle has over 10k miles. (I have 18k) They do not want to do it and said they will contact GM but doubt I will get new pads. Has anyone had their pads replaced under recall?

9 minutes ago, tomleo67 said:

my CTB is at the dealer today for 2 recalls, brakes and seat belt. I brought with me the notice from GM that I found on here to replace all pads if the vehicle has over 10k miles. (I have 18k) They do not want to do it and said they will contact GM but doubt I will get new pads. Has anyone had their pads replaced under recall?

I have not had my pads replaced - I didn't realize it was an option.  I would like to have that done however, because my brakes have been squeaking for a few months now.  When i took it in to have them investigate, they told me that was normal.  I say, BS!  It's not normal for a brand new truck's brakes to squeak at every stop.  It's actually quite embarrassing!!!

32 minutes ago, tomleo67 said:

Could you send me that notice? When they did the brake control update on my truck, it reset the brake pad life monitor to 100% on both front and back brakes.  I mentioned that to the service advisor and they told me that the software update must have caused it.  It didn't matter to them that the truck is now reporting percentages that aren't true and told me they can tell me when the brakes are going bad when I bring it in for each service.

they kept the truck overnight...I also had lost all dash lights a few days prior and was almost due for oil change at about 18,500 miles. They called me this morning and told me the brakes are all 90%+ so they won't change the pads. Then they told me that they have to replace the whole dash cluster but my truck actually has 29k miles not 18.5k which is impossible! even the service manager agrees according to the service records this can't be right...stay tuned