58 minutes ago, Jack Christensen said:

Update:  The dealer called and told me that they were told not to release my truck back to me until engineers are on site to look at the truck.  She said it went from just my truck to 12 others.  They do not know what is causing this issue.  I am going on 2 weeks without my new truck...  I will say this though, the dealer H&H Chevrolet in Omaha, NE is great to work with and very accommodating during this frustrating time.  I'll update this post as I hear more!

It's very frustrating.

Maybe im missing something here or not reading this properly, but the two recalls that caused all these issues were software updates right?  I don't think they did anything physical to the truck outside of computer programming.

That being said, how in the heck are they not able to figure out what is causing the malfunction and patch it with another software update?!

I came from a 2015 Colorado that never had one single issue.  Ran like a top, no recalls, no issues at all.  I'm very mad/disheartened about the number of recalls on my HC.  This has taught me that for now on, I should wait a good amount of time after recalls are announced, check out this site, and then wait longer before having them done!

• Like 1

To those that are having the recalls done,  do the recalls actually show up for your trucks, or are you just taking them in as a precautionary step. Im asking because no recalls show up for my vin.  Mine was built in 6/19  5.3 sierra. Just wanting to make sure im good by not taking it in. 

Edited by AD80

21 hours ago, Silverado4x4 said:

I don't have the problems as stated after I had my recall done but I did go out and checked my battery terminals and the negative post was not real tight the positive post was tight.

Haven't had the recall done but decided to check the negative post and it was barely what I'd call snug, like a good finger tight on the bolt. Got about 5-6 full turns on the ratchet before it was tight.

Haven't had the recall done but decided to check the negative post and it was barely what I'd call snug, like a good finger tight on the bolt. Got about 5-6 full turns on the ratchet before it was tight.

Haven’t had the recall done yet either. Have about 450 miles on my truck and just went out and checked mine too after reading this and holy cow was mine loose. Glad I checked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any suggestion for a fix yet? I took my 2019 AT4 in for CEL. Was told that the guidance from GM was to just clear the code. They did the brake system update and I specifically asked if it was safe to take it on a 900 mile trip and was told there shouldn’t be any problems. Welp, now I’m 450 miles from home and have a brake light on, abs light on, stability control light on, check engine light on and it tells me I can’t drive about 62 mph. Brakes might as well not even be there. I will be on the phone with the service manager first thing in the morning to get some guidance about how GM expects me to get home. 

Knock on wood...dealer reprogrammed mine and bled brakes on Dec.27th. They said they did what GM told them to do. So far I have put on about 1500km and it hasn’t resurfaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, Shawn O'Leary said:

Has anyone that lost collision alerts and lane keep assist following the recall update been able to have these features restored? My dealer is struggling to restore functionality.

I just received mine back from the dealer and so far everything works. Said the photo eye was off  1/8 of an inch and ordered a new bracket, has been working ever since

17 hours ago, AD80 said:

To those that are having the recalls done,  do the recalls actually show up for your trucks, or are you just taking them in as a precautionary step. Im asking because no recalls show up for my vin.  Mine was built in 6/19  5.3 sierra. Just wanting to make sure im good by not taking it in. 

I have been notified in my Chevy Owner Center site about all 3 recalls.  https://my.chevrolet.com/home

Recalls.JPG

12 hours ago, chrismkaminski said:

Any suggestion for a fix yet? I took my 2019 AT4 in for CEL. Was told that the guidance from GM was to just clear the code. They did the brake system update and I specifically asked if it was safe to take it on a 900 mile trip and was told there shouldn’t be any problems. Welp, now I’m 450 miles from home and have a brake light on, abs light on, stability control light on, check engine light on and it tells me I can’t drive about 62 mph. Brakes might as well not even be there. I will be on the phone with the service manager first thing in the morning to get some guidance about how GM expects me to get home. 

You may or may not already know this, but if you restart your truck 2 or 3 times, the warning lights will go off and the ABS brakes will work.  The check engine light still stays on however.  This is just a temporary fix to get you home.  GM  still needs to figure out what the issue is that is causing all of us so much headache & frustration!  

2 hours ago, Shawn O'Leary said:

Has anyone that lost collision alerts and lane keep assist following the recall update been able to have these features restored? My dealer is struggling to restore functionality.

The windshield front camera controls the Safety Features of Intellibeam, Lane Keep Assist and Alert, Forward Collision Alert and Braking along with the Front Ped Braking. The Camera will error out after the programming by one of the recalls. Myself experienced this and the Tech and I figured out what needed to be done. I drove the truck while he connected his diagnostic equipment to perform this procedure ie get on a well marked road and go over 36 mph. The Camera was placed in Learn Mode and it did correct itself and the Tech cleared the codes. Now I have read that the camera will perform this routine automatically after a reprogram and it will take it awhile to correct the malfunction. I have not verified this.

Edited by Rocz3cqg

I turned the truck on and off several times and it “fixed” the brake problems. CEL is still in but the truck seems to be operating fine. Hopefully it will be good enough to get me home where I can drop it off at the dealer. I know I won’t be accepting the BS line from the service manager that GM’s answer is just to clear the code and keep driving it again.