Made the mistake of letting them update mine.  BIG mistake    Same thing everything came on last night no power brakes  all the warning lights  3 trips to the dealer in 1 week   Making 10 trips in a year now  Might be time to dump this avoid this recall at all costs until they can figure this nightmare out

My issue with new vehicles is that they are all going the way of complete control by the computer. So now, just like with Windows computers and iOS, they need updating and so it is going to be a major PITA until they let the systems update on their own with patches and such and no need to go to the dealer for all this.  Growing pains for sure and all manufactures are going to be on board so no swapping to another one to try and get away from it, at least if you are wanting brand new rides.

2019 Sierra Elevation, had the brake recall done Tue, Tuesday night 4 error codes and brakes definitely not right. Shut off at home, turned on to video codes and just check engine light on. Went to dealer Wed and all codes cleared. Was good for 36 hours, then when getting in to go to work all codes and lights on again. Back at dealer and in a loaner. Friend with an at4 had recall done and is having exact same issues. This is why I don't do recalls and I'm pissed I was talked into this one 

5 hours ago, 2017Darkness said:

We've done  bunch of these recalls and have had no issues with vehicles returning with problems. Not only are we doing the recall on customer units, but all of our inventory as well.

The Tech said the same thing about not having problems with these recalls being completed when he did the recalls on my truck. But a malfunction occurred afterwards and we got it corrected but the TechLine was no help [at this time] to the Tech. So he just worked thru the diagnostics and got it working again. There does seem to be a bug that becomes a problem with certain vehicles when the recalls are completed.

PEOPLE.....slow down!  Give GM some time to iron out all the kinks in the software with these recalls.  There is no need to jump up off the pot without flushing and run to the dealer.  I won't even consider it until I see LOTS of reports that everything is good to go (probably first quarter next year). 

My wife had a 2007 Honda Accord that had the grenading Takata airbags in it.  She traded that car in but the notices, e-mails, and phone calls kept coming anyway.  Yesterday, a blue-shirted "Honda Recall Team" guy came knocking on the door wanting to replace the air bags right then and there in our driveway!  I may wait until GM does the same thing with me for my truck!  ?

Edited by lapoolboy
  • Like 1

I'll wait until January to get mine done when they've had time to get the updates nailed down. I just took the truck in last week for an oil change and luckily they didn't force the recalls down my throat. My truck has been flawless for the 6 months I've had it, not looking to jeopardize that. 

1 hour ago, lapoolboy said:

PEOPLE.....slow down!  Give GM some time to iron out all the kinks in the software with these recalls.  There is no need to jump up off the pot without flushing and run to the dealer.  I won't even consider it until I see LOTS of reports that everything is good to go (probably first quarter next year). 

My wife had a 2007 Honda Accord that had the grenading Takata airbags in it.  She traded that car in but the notices, e-mails, and phone calls kept coming anyway.  Yesterday, a blue-shirted "Honda Recall Team" guy came knocking on the door wanting to replace the air bags right then and there in our driveway!  I may wait until GM does the same thing with me for my truck!  ?

Yeah I had this recall forced on me by the dealer and went against my gut feeling doing it.... This will be the last time I do a preemptive recall...

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

How long after having it reprogrammed did you have issues? Had mine today and drove quite a bit with multiple restarts no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dealer did it Tuesday, had about 5 starts before all the codes displayed. Dealer cleared all codes as I was told there wasn't a definitive fix yet Wed. Went 36 hours and probably 10+ starts before it displayed all the codes again Thursday as I was trying to leave for work. Dropped it off at the dealer Wed night and took a loaner, haven't heard anything, but wasn't expecting to

I just came back from dealer and finished all recalls. Now I don't have front collision alert and break, pedestrian alert and break, lane keep assist, intellibeam,... 

I'm not sure what they did. They were supposed to just reprogram the brake system. 

Monday going back to the dealer ?

• Sad 1