1 hour ago, JT19HC said:

Went to the dealer today to address the lane keep and forward collision / brake system not working since the brake recall.  Sat in waiting from 8am to 1030a and was told that they couldn't resolve the issue after trying to reflash and reprogram, and that GM wasn't open today for additional tech support.  Guess Im making another trip next week...... Getting a little tired of this.

And this is why you don't go to the dealer on Christmas Eve when the few employees who are there are pissy and disgruntled because they have to work!  ?

Had mine done on Friday and haven’t had any issues. Sounds like it may be a dealer/tech issue not installing correctly? My dealer had a specific guy who does these types of recalls. [emoji2373]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Same issue after recalls were performed.  Lost all driver assist features and after sitting at dealership for 3 hours was told they needed to order a new camera.  Left the dealership and while driving home all features began resetting and coming back online.  Shop still replaced camera and all systems seem to be working fine except the BRAKES!  Last night the brake system failure struck and truck is now at the dealership.

Also was advised there is a new (12/18/19) recall for an oil line coming off.

Edited by AK High Country

14 minutes ago, AK High Country said:

Same issue after recalls were performed.  Lost all driver assist features and after sitting at dealership for 3 hours was told they needed to order a new camera.  Left the dealership and while driving home all features began resetting and coming back online.  Shop still replaced camera and all systems seem to be working fine except the BRAKES!  Last night the brake system failure struck and truck is now at the dealership.

Also was advised there is a new (12/18/19) recall for an oil line coming off.

Any additional info on that oil line recall you mentioned? 

On 12/24/2019 at 12:09 PM, TLDLTD said:

Dealer brought me a 2018 to use for the holidays while they figure this out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky, I'm stuck in a Equinox right now ?  just want my truck back

Edited by Ashley6462

On 12/24/2019 at 1:51 PM, RyanbabZ71 said:

Had mine done on Friday and haven’t had any issues. Sounds like it may be a dealer/tech issue not installing correctly? My dealer had a specific guy who does these types of recalls. emoji2373.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I doubt this only because mine was done at the dealer I usually use and a friend had her's done at a different dealership. We both had the same issues after the recalls. Sigh..... And GM put out a service bulletin related to this issue happening after the recall is preformed according to my dealer 

Edited by Ashley6462

I doubt this only because mine was done at the dealer I usually use and a friend had her's done at a different dealership. We both had the same issues after the recalls. Sigh..... And GM but out a service bulletin related to this issue happening after the recall is preformed.

Yup too wide spread to be a tech issue I think. My dealer is frustrated too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 12/21/2019 at 7:29 PM, Rocz3cqg said:

One of the recalls is to reprogram the front camera windshield module because it may not apply the Integrated Brake Assist when called by certain Safety Features. Have the dealership perform the relearn procedure for the front camera. If they dig deep enough, they will encounter the error code pointing to the relearn process. The other braking recall was to ensure the TC and ESC errors would light up on the dash to inform the operator. But the update must be disabling the Integrated Brake Controller at a time to place the vehicle in a manual brake [hard brake without power assist] which causes the operator to press the brake all the way down to hopefully stop the vehicle. GM really ought to pay attention to these forums and reach out to these customers because something is going to happen that is really bad. It has been by per luck that someone or something has not been hurt or damaged.

Brake System Overview
Note: ZF TRW
s Integrated Brake Control is a 1-piece module that eliminates the master cylinder, vacuum pump and associated hoses while incorporating electronic stability control, traction control and an electric motor to push hydraulic fluid to brakes at all four corners. The module is 13 lbs. (6 kg) lighter than the total weight of a conventional system and only requires about half the packaging space underhood.

The vehicles are equipped with a ZF TRW Integrated Brake Control (IBC), also known as a Brake System Control Module. The IBC is an electromechanical device that interprets and converts driver input and provides a corresponding hydraulic pressure output to activate a standard brake system according to driver demand. In an event of no electrical energy or failure condition the driver
s input is mechanically converted to a hydraulic pressure output.
Use DOT 4 Hydraulic Brake Fluid (GM Part No. 19299570, in Canada 19299571).
Electrical Component Operation

The Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the brake pedal position sensor signal when the brake pedal is applied and sends a high speed serial data message to the Brake System Control Module indicating the brake pedal position. The following electrical components are used:
Wheel Speed Sensors: Equipped with unique directional wheel speed sensors that can detect wheel direction as well as zero wheel speed. The wheel speed sensors are Active sensors that receive a 12 V power supply from the Brake System Control Module and returns an output signal to the module. As the wheel spins, the wheel speed sensor sends the Brake System Control Module a DC square wave signal. The Brake System Control Module uses the frequency of the square wave signal to calculate the wheel speed.
Multi-Axis Acceleration Sensor: The yaw rate, lateral acceleration and longitudinal acceleration sensors are combined into one multi-axis acceleration sensor, internal to the inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module. The Brake System Control Module receives serial data message inputs from the three sensors and activates Stability Control and Hill Hold Start Assist functions depending on multi-axis acceleration sensor input.

Multifunction Switch: The traction control switch is a multifunction momentary switch. The traction control and stability control are manually disabled or enabled by pressing the traction control switch.
Steering Wheel Angle Sensor: The Brake System Control Module receives serial data message inputs from the steering angle sensor. The steering wheel angle sensor signal is used to calculate the intended driving direction. The sensor is an internal part of the power steering gear.

Transmission Control Module: The Brake System Control Module receives high speed serial data message inputs from the transmission control module indicating the gear position of the transmission for Hill Start Assist and Hill Hold functions.

Vehicle Brake Enhancement Systems
Depending on options, the following vehicle brake enhancement systems are provided:
Power-Up-Self Test: The Brake System Control Module performs the first phase of the power-up-self test when the ignition is first turned ON. This phase consists of internal testing of the Brake System Control Module and electrical tests of system sensors and circuits.
Antilock Brake system : ABS provides the active control/modulation of brake fluid hydraulic pressure to the front and/or rear brake corner subsystems (brake torque control) to preclude wheel lock-up and enhance tire-to-road longitudinal braking traction. Avoidance of wheel lock-up provides the driver with the ability to maintain vehicle stability and steerability and minimizes vehicle stopping distance.
Brake Assist: Brake Assist provides additional brake pressure over the pressure provided by the conventional brake apply system.
Panic Brake Assist: Panic Brake Assist will apply the brakes more quickly when a panic brake situation is determined. Panic Brake Assist detects that the driver intent is to stop the vehicle as quickly as possible, but the driver does not apply sufficient brake pressure to do so. The feature will detect the driver intent then actively apply brake pressure to maximum pressure, activating the ABS system and stopping the vehicle as quickly as possible.

Hydraulic Fade Compensation: Based on a brake disc/pad temperature estimate, driver applied master cylinder pressure and vehicle deceleration rate, Hydraulic Fade Compensation will increase brake system pressure above driver applied brake pressure when the brake system determines a gross fade condition.

Rear Brake Boost: Rear Brake Boost provides rear hydraulic brake assist to ensure that all four corners are achieving maximum braking during ABS. When vehicle loading is heavily rear axle biased the rear brakes may not utilize all of the available road adhesion. Rear Brake Boost will provide additional pressure to the rear brakes when the front brakes ABS are activated and the rear wheels have low slip.
Electronic Pre-Fill: Electronic Pre-Fill is used to reduce the brake response time when the driver quickly releases the accelerator pedal. This is also used to support the use of low drag calipers.

Thanks a lot! That was a great advice. I shared your comments with the dealer. They did the same thing. Now my baby runs like a charm ?

Took mine in yesterday for both recalls.  I mentioned all the problems that appear to be occurring with driver assist features.  Service advisor said, yip, we do it right so don't worry.

Today, started up and Lane Keep Assist not working and won't toggle no matter what i do.  Never realized how helpful that was until I drove 40 highway miles today without it!

Waiting on a call back to bring it back in.

My truck has been in the shop for 7 days now.  I got a call today from the dealer letting me know that they finally received information from their engineers.  Not sure if she meant a local Chevy engineer or a corporate GM Engineer.  Either way, she said that they were told to replace the Brake Module.  They did not have the part so they had to order it.  She said I should hear something next week when they get the part in and replace it.  I am so incredibly frustrated with GM/Chevy.  I have been without my new truck for a week and honestly, would rather they keep the damn thing!  Give me a new truck - my faith & confidence level in this one has diminished!

I have been a die-hard Chevy guy since I was a kid.  I have spent years owning a Chevy with pride, protecting the brand from naysayers (Ford, Dodge, etc...).  I am embarrassed and ashamed of this truck  Thousands of dollars spent on a LEMON!  Maybe I am overreacting...  But safety and the functionality of a brake system should be one of THE MOST IMPORTANT aspects of building any new vehicle.

I'll update this post next week when I hear back from the dealer.

I will have to agree with you, I bought my truck on the 13th and now it looks like I will not be getting it back until after the first of the year, navigation and other sensors not working. Had a recall before I purchased but did not fix issue. I have now had my truck to drive 9 days out of 21 unless it is fixed by January 2nd. I owned a Tundra before this vehicle, never had a problem all the years I owned it. Thought I would support GM by purchasing a Denali truck, so far I am not very happy!

Spoke way too soon.  Just hopped in my truck to run to the store.  Got to the end of my street and then out of nowhere all the warnings started popping up and I lost power brake and steering.  I had to mash the brakes in to keep from being T-boned.  I’m furious.   I could have easily had my 7 week old in the truck with me and something catastrophic happen.  

I’ll be in the service bay as soon as they open tomorrow appointment be damned.  They better not making a f***ing peep about giving me a loaner and fully fixing the problem. 

• Like 1

It’s becoming clear that GM doesn’t even know how to fully fix the problem.

Pissed that I have to leave 3 recalls open, and can’t have the other problems with my truck addressed, all because I don’t want them “bricking” my brakes with their idiotic latest update. Already lost them once before...not gonna do that again. Scary situation for all of us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OnTheReel said:

It’s becoming clear that GM doesn’t even know how to fully fix the problem.

Pissed that I have to leave 3 recalls open, and can’t have the other problems with my truck addressed, all because I don’t want them “bricking” my brakes with their idiotic latest update. Already lost them once before...not gonna do that again. Scary situation for all of us.

How long has it been since your last brake failure?