3 minutes ago, chrismkaminski said:

I turned the truck on and off several times and it “fixed” the brake problems. CEL is still in but the truck seems to be operating fine. Hopefully it will be good enough to get me home where I can drop it off at the dealer. I know I won’t be accepting the BS line from the service manager that GM’s answer is just to clear the code and keep driving it again.

The CEL will also clear itself eventually, at least it did for me. Hopefully there’s still history codes left in there for the techs. Not that there’s any apparent fix for this brake loss anyway...

Edited by OnTheReel

1 minute ago, chrismkaminski said:

I turned the truck on and off several times and it “fixed” the brake problems. CEL is still in but the truck seems to be operating fine. Hopefully it will be good enough to get me home where I can drop it off at the dealer. I know I won’t be accepting the BS line from the service manager that GM’s answer is just to clear the code and keep driving it again.

It is apparent that GM has no clue how to fix this issue.  I have seen several attempts to put band aids on it but they have all failed.  I am fully expecting them to tell me they need to replace the brake module this time.  That was their first suggestion until a GM Engineer stepped in and said to just tighten the battery cables.  They cancelled the brake module replacement and tightened the cables.  That solution failed, so I feel like I am going to get a call today or tomorrow telling me they are going to replace the module.  It's a little scary that they are guessing with the safety of our lives!  Brakes are pretty important!!! ; (

• Like 1

S0 I just picked up my truck from having 4 recalls done.  Within 3 miles of the dealer my Lane Assist turned of and will not turn back on.  Took the truck back and they are looking into the issue.  I told them there seems to be an issue with the software update (Wish I would have read this before I did the recalls).  

55 minutes ago, dj13990 said:

S0 I just picked up my truck from having 4 recalls done.  Within 3 miles of the dealer my Lane Assist turned of and will not turn back on.  Took the truck back and they are looking into the issue.  I told them there seems to be an issue with the software update (Wish I would have read this before I did the recalls).  

Mine did the same exact thing and then a few starts later got all of the brake stuff fixed.

I finally got my truck back Tuesday afternoon.  My dealer told me that the recalls fixed all of the issues but the recalls were not performed to completion.  Something about when you perform the recall, there is a final step to "lock everything in" and the tech did not complete that step, because he thought he was finished.  Had lead technician redo all the recalls and test drive.  So far so good, but it makes me really worried.

• Like 1

Dealer has had my truck for two days now trying to get the lane departure and forward collision assist systems working again after that fricken' update. They've done a few "re-learn" drives and no luck. They're calling GM engineers now.

WTF would GM push out a recall update that renders these systems useless?

I just called GM Corporate. I don’t know if this is their normal script or if it is some actual level of concern from them but they got my vehicle information and then put me on hold to review the vehicle history and when they came back they immediately gave me a case number due to the advisor “opening a case” and told me that the history of the vehicle requires the case to be immediately assigned to a senior service advisor who would contact me within two business days. So I guess we will see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrismkaminski said:

I just called GM Corporate. I don’t know if this is their normal script or if it is some actual level of concern from them but they got my vehicle information and then put me on hold to review the vehicle history and when they came back they immediately gave me a case number due to the advisor “opening a case” and told me that the history of the vehicle requires the case to be immediately assigned to a senior service advisor who would contact me within two business days. So I guess we will see.

Whats the number?

1 hour ago, chrismkaminski said:

I'm sorry to say, but this means almost NOTHING!  I called as well a couple of weeks ago and they assigned me a "case agent/Adviser".  After listening to her read a script and expressing her "Deep Apologies" I asked her if she worked for GM or Chevy.  She said she was just a call center, but is very happy to assist me with my repairs.  She called me twice over two weeks of my truck being in the shop.  Both times to let me know exactly what the dealer told me a day earlier - NO UPDATES.  But they are keeping my case priority due to the severity of the issue.  It's been a few days since I have heard from my "Case Agent/Adviser".  My dealer sent me a text today letting me know that they still have me on their radar.  They do not have a new update from technical assist at this time.  I continue to try all avenues of communication with GM or Chevy.  I have sent them  tweets and Direct Messages only to have them tell me to continue working with my "Case Agent/Adviser".  If you have any luck with  your adviser, please update us...

12 minutes ago, Jack Christensen said:

I'm sorry to say, but this means almost NOTHING!  I called as well a couple of weeks ago and they assigned me a "case agent/Adviser".  After listening to her read a script and expressing her "Deep Apologies" I asked her if she worked for GM or Chevy.  She said she was just a call center, but is very happy to assist me with my repairs.  She called me twice over two weeks of my truck being in the shop.  Both times to let me know exactly what the dealer told me a day earlier - NO UPDATES.  But they are keeping my case priority due to the severity of the issue.  It's been a few days since I have heard from my "Case Agent/Adviser".  My dealer sent me a text today letting me know that they still have me on their radar.  They do not have a new update from technical assist at this time.  I continue to try all avenues of communication with GM or Chevy.  I have sent them  tweets and Direct Messages only to have them tell me to continue working with my "Case Agent/Adviser".  If you have any luck with  your adviser, please update us...

This has been my experience from Twitter DM's as well. I'm about to go see about getting a custom wrap, something like 'ask me why I shouldn't have bought a Chevy'. Maybe pics of it go viral and we can get resolution, 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tommy2wheels said:

This has been my experience from Twitter DM's as well. I'm about to go see about getting a custom wrap, something like 'ask me why I shouldn't have bought a Chevy'. Maybe pics of it go viral and we can get resolution, 

I actually thought about doing the same thing and parking the truck in front of the dealership.

The first few calls are always sweet and dandy and then all hell breaks loose.  The Senior reps know nothing about cars/trucks. 2 of them I had didn't know what a lifter was and didn't know these trucks had any sort of cylinder deactivation.... I understand these are just basic call center people but they are suppose to be the middle man and help get service issues resolved. How they can do this with zero automotive knowledge blows my mind. 

You can read about my situation 

Just had the brakes fail again. Called GM again. Basically I was told that they could tow it to the nearest dealer (whose service department isn’t open tomorrow) and they could look at it a Monday. I told the lady that I had to go home tomorrow (which is an 8 hour/450 mile trip). She told me GM MIGHT reimburse me up to $38 for a rental. I told her I couldn’t rent a car big enough to fit my family and all our luggage for $38 and she said they wouldn’t reimburse any more than that. I asked her how I would get my truck back once it was repaired if I had it towed. I suggested they ship it back to my hometown and she said that would be up to the dealership and she couldn’t give me an answer about how I would get it back. So I give up. I’m going to try to drive it home tomorrow and hope I can do it safely. Assuming I make it home, I will be at the shop first thing Monday morning and speaking to the service manager as well as the general manager.

On 1/2/2020 at 5:43 AM, Shawn O'Leary said:

Has anyone that lost collision alerts and lane keep assist following the recall update been able to have these features restored? My dealer is struggling to restore functionality.

Yes, I had this issue. The dealer needs to reprogram the module related to the camera behind the mirror. It's working perfectly now. I believe GM has a procedure for that.