Different side of the coin for me. I bought a 2019 Sierra AT4 brand new and it was great for about the first six months of ownership and then the problems started creeping up. Safety issues that were unable to be corrected because there was no software fix for it yet. Nobody at the dealership or at GM corporate cares about what the issues were or how it impacted the safety of my family. Ultimately I made the decision to trade my truck in for another brand due to the poor quality of my truck and GM’s lack of concern for braking issues, check engine lights, etc.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 11:29 AM, Rocz3cqg said:

The windshield front camera controls the Safety Features of Intellibeam, Lane Keep Assist and Alert, Forward Collision Alert and Braking along with the Front Ped Braking. The Camera will error out after the programming by one of the recalls. Myself experienced this and the Tech and I figured out what needed to be done. I drove the truck while he connected his diagnostic equipment to perform this procedure ie get on a well marked road and go over 36 mph. The Camera was placed in Learn Mode and it did correct itself and the Tech cleared the codes. Now I have read that the camera will perform this routine automatically after a reprogram and it will take it awhile to correct the malfunction. I have not verified this.

My truck went through the  software updates and recall service last week.  Since then, the only camera that works is the backup cam.  The safety related alerts aren’t working, from lane change to forward collision.  Oddly, the proximity sensor that shows in the DIC does appear to work.  The lane keep assist button appear to be dead (no illumination, no icon in the DIC), as well as the button to turn on/off the automatic bright/dim of headlights is not functioning.  My GPS signal issues initially seemed to be resolved, but are not.  I will be taking my baby back to the service center.  

Yes, they did have me try driving it for a 30 mile jaunt.  No luck.

Color me less than happy and less than satisfied.

1 hour ago, Nan C said:

My truck went through the  software updates and recall service last week.  Since then, the only camera that works is the backup cam.  The safety related alerts aren’t working, from lane change to forward collision.  Oddly, the proximity sensor that shows in the DIC does appear to work.  The lane keep assist button appear to be dead (no illumination, no icon in the DIC), as well as the button to turn on/off the automatic bright/dim of headlights is not functioning.  My GPS signal issues initially seemed to be resolved, but are not.  I will be taking my baby back to the service center.  

Yes, they did have me try driving it for a 30 mile jaunt.  No luck.

Color me less than happy and less than satisfied.

Nan C, the camera must be in the ReLearn mode to allow the camera to recalibrate [Vehicle > 36mph and on a good marked road]. The service tech will need to place the camera in that mode since it was not after the Recalls were completed.

I've been speaking with an automotive reporter at the Detroit Free Press about these post-recall brake problems. She's talking with GM and is looking for other owners willing to talk on the record about these problems, GM's response/non-response, etc. Her name is Jamie Lareau and her email is [email protected] . She asked that I post her email in case any of you wish to speak with her. 

On 1/20/2020 at 9:54 AM, awh3rgm said:

awesome, thank you, that is what i needed to hear. Greatly appreciate your response.

I just wanted to add my 2 cents, I too have had issues with the brakes after a recall was done. After a month it's finally (hopefully) fixed. Had a month to look at diff brands and out of frustration almost went that route. Then I got my truck back and fell in love all over again, 2019 Sierra Elevation.

The brake issue AFTER having a software recall done is the only issue I've had with the truck in 7000 miles and my friend with an at4 has 25k and no issues

13 hours ago, lebag335 said:

For those of us who've not had the recall done; does the new update replace the bad one entirely?  Or, do you have to get the bad fix first and then they apply the updated fix?

If you are talking about the N192268090 [Brake System Malfunction Warning] and the TSB 5728A and B. [PIT5728A is just a informational TSB and PIT 5728B was actually a software update]. PIT5728B was developed to counter the effect of N192268090 which had a problem with the Remote Start App. PIT5728B might had replaced a few files in the module being program.

• Thanks 1

On 1/20/2020 at 4:11 PM, Rocz3cqg said:

Nan C, the camera must be in the ReLearn mode to allow the camera to recalibrate [Vehicle > 36mph and on a good marked road]. The service tech will need to place the camera in that mode since it was not after the Recalls were completed.

On mine they had to reprogram the video processor. It's a 2 hour update.  That fixed mine.  The tech said he had to do the camera relearn on another one he did.  They all seem to have different issues after the update. 

• Like 1

Just had my recalls done and the truck shifted like crap all the way home. Does this reprogramming make the trans have to go through the re-learn process again?

Mine did that too, was shifting smooth before and test drove it after and shift flares and the whole nine. It’s back for another issue now so didn’t get to keep it too long but seems the recall did reset everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, hotrodz37 said:

Mine did that too, was shifting smooth before and test drove it after and shift flares and the whole nine. It’s back for another issue now so didn’t get to keep it too long but seems the recall did reset everything.

Thanks a bunch for the reply, I figured and was hoping that was the reason for it.

• Like 1

So I just had these recalls done. I’ve been complaining to Chevy about my brakes pulsating for a long time now. They told me this should take care of it. They even resurfaced my rotors saying there was an issue with them. I’ve told them and showed them soo many times that it has nothing to do with my brake pads, rotors, etc. Picked up the truck today and I get home totally frustrated. Still having the same issues(plus many others) and get wait to get out of this truck. Here is my brake PEDAL noise

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4y1vhrn02nhuvgk/IMG_5081.MOV?dl=0

6 minutes ago, Thejet07 said:

So I just had these recalls done. I’ve been complaining to Chevy about my brakes pulsating for a long time now. They told me this should take care of it. They even resurfaced my rotors saying there was an issue with them. I’ve told them and showed them soo many times that it has nothing to do with my brake pads, rotors, etc. Picked up the truck today and I get home totally frustrated. Still having the same issues(plus many others) and get wait to get out of this truck. Here is my brake PEDAL noise

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4y1vhrn02nhuvgk/IMG_5081.MOV?dl=0

I understand your frustration. I had to get out of mine due to the significant safety issues I was having with me with no concern or meaningful response from GM. Took a huge hit in the pocketbook but there isn’t any money in the world worth my family’s safety.

• Like 1

Yeah. I got a lawyer involved. I’m in ny so they take the case only if they think they’ll win. That’s how they get paid. I’ve had soo many different issues and they have yet to fix any. I wanna love this truck but every time I get in it it reminds me not to. Or, something new pops up. Sorry to hear you had to take a hit