LED Turn Signals and Tail Lights

I finally got around to doing this upgrade to my '20 Elevation. The OE LED AT4 tail lights came with cut harnesses. You can unplug the cut harnesses and secure the new ones. I purchased mine from Ebay, OE LED AT4 harnesses. I added the Gen5diy and secured the built-in resistor to a metal surface as instructed. (see Pic). Everything works, and the upgrade is so worth it. ec48e7bdbc4370300cb4d9001feab606.jpg318b81e4661b778877a489affaff6595.jpg3cb08b8f2362f74bd6afda4e558182eb.jpgf3a8c2c3a5d23f3d0c2a4913a24dd13b.jpg5627cb0e9ae030e0448a8303204605fc.jpgeb8d521e93b764ab84c604e31119a085.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Keep an eye on those resistors from Gen5DIY. Looks like you heat sunk them well like I did, but both of mine still failed within a year on my 2016, one right after the other. They sold me an upgraded set with two per side and they held up better but it’s a pain in the butt. They get really REALLY hot.

• Like 1

Keep an eye on those resistors from Gen5DIY. Looks like you heat sunk them well like I did, but both of mine still failed within a year on my 2016, one right after the other. They sold me an upgraded set with two per side and they held up better but it’s a pain in the butt. They get really REALLY hot.
Will do... These are 1000w resistors so I'm hoping they will take the abuse. Thanks for the heads up

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

just replaced my front turn signals with the ones from Go Performane I am so impressed both with colour and intensity I have also purchased two sets for the taillights as well. Hoping to get those installed tomorrow.

8 hours ago, BluegrassMotorsport said:

I replaced my front turn signals with a set from Lasfit and they're awesome. After installing I was surprised they let something so dull leave the factory. Best part is built-in resisters so no hyperflashing.  

Have you done your tails yet, i just replaced mine as i wanted them to match the blade light bar, very strange condition from them. The tail/ brake and 4 ways work fine but when i put the turn signals on they flash at normal speed 3 times and then speed up (hyper flash) and of course the DIC in the dash says that there is rear turn signal bulb failure.

I purchased these because they are CANBUS compliant but the only solution i see is to add in resistors which negates the point of getting them, either that or put the dim originals back in?

3 hours ago, Comscan said:

Have you done your tails yet, i just replaced mine as i wanted them to match the blade light bar, very strange condition from them. The tail/ brake and 4 ways work fine but when i put the turn signals on they flash at normal speed 3 times and then speed up (hyper flash) and of course the DIC in the dash says that there is rear turn signal bulb failure.

I purchased these because they are CANBUS compliant but the only solution i see is to add in resistors which negates the point of getting them, either that or put the dim originals back in?

My tail are LED from the factory so I haven't messed with them. It's strange that you're having those issues with the CANBUS compliant bulbs. Maybe have a dealer reflash your truck to a model that has LED tails from the factory? 

Here is the video and the bulbs I used.  I dunno why you'd want to go in from underneath removing screws on the wheel well cover.

This video covers the turn signals going in from up top with no tools, and your license plate lights.   

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q8RZRZV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fab_CtjCFbYKTN1YE

Edited by fsuboy75

I just installed LEDs in the tail lights of my 2019 1500 however I am getting hyper flash, I have load resistors but which wires in the rear am I supposed to splice into? I don't have a tool to check for power :( It looks like I have 2 black, a brown, and a green wire. Help? Thanks!

21 hours ago, BluegrassMotorsport said:

My tail are LED from the factory so I haven't messed with them. It's strange that you're having those issues with the CANBUS compliant bulbs. Maybe have a dealer reflash your truck to a model that has LED tails from the factory? 

Definitely a resistor based issue, I tried just changing x1 and same results so I have put the originals back in for the moment. Strangest thing is that with the LED bulbs in that they flash 3 times then hyper flash I might yet consider the Recon assemblies, I see one of the guys has installed them recently.

Edited by Comscan

• 2 months later...