Covid19 Spare time

Donstar

15 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Ignoring? Like ignoring 810,000 dead in the USA. More than to total dead from Americans greatest previous loss and in less than half the time? The Civil War? That kind of ignoring? At what point does it become REAL? Spanish Flu in the USA took only about 660,000. That was fake too? 

WOW. Okay....I'm done here. Ignore? Yea, I can do that. 

Yes, folks are ignoring the science.  Most of those deaths were completely unnecessary if people had been allowed to take the medications known to fight the virus instead of putting them on a ventilator and saying "good luck".  

False premises abound in the news.  Fauci and other talking heads keep saying that folks who have not taken the gene therapies ought not be invited to Christmas dinner.  The premise being that these folks are a danger to the others which is not true, doesn't even make sense.  It's a lie.  In the written word you often find the truth, their own words, that shows what they are promoting on television is a political agenda.

I've lost my share of family members over the last two years and have been permanently harmed by the Wuhan Flu, spent 18 days in the hospital because of it.  I'm not afraid of it or what my government may do to me, my faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ.  

2 hours ago, customboss said:

Because a theraputic is great for YOU maybe.  But the virus has spread by then and if you had vaxxed early on you might not spread the virus and enable it to reboot into something different that our leadership no matter how much sunshine they like to blow can get it right.  Virus don't care about what you and I think. Or what we believe. They must live off live hosts. Theraputic is great to save one life. But we have lost more people than any advanced nation, why?  Because we have become a nation of selfish entitled aholes.  

How many here posting have ever served anything in US but self?  How many posting here are veterans? How many have fought and been injured or permanently disabled?  

We all have a great country because in the past the majority cared more about the constitution and the other than ourselves. 

No, a therapeutic is just great for everyone because stopping the spread is impossible. My eyes aren’t lying to me. NFL…96.4% players vaccinated, ~100% staff vaccinated. Games still getting postponed. Every team, every week has several players and coaches out with Covid. No, they are not getting sick, but the virus is being hosted and spread just fine amongst the vaccinated.

I always try to view the facts for what they are, and not what I want them to be. I believe the data at this point shows the vaccines are very very good at preventing serious infection, and basically useless at preventing transmission.

As a footnote. My mom got her Moderna booster a few weeks ago at my urging. I am not an anti-vaxxer. They have a place. But I am still a realist. And not a ghoul that celebrates the death of people making personal health decisions.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Likarok said:

. I have had three shots of Pfizer. 

3 shots here. If it takes a dozen so be it. I get a flu shot every year too. This is likely to become endemic and constantly mutating. 

Little girl on the news last night in the Hot Lanta air port. Under 10 years old. Fully vaccinated and double masked. She said, "I know I can still get it but it is way less likely and I want to see my Grandma". Wife and I exchange glance. She says, "How is it this little girl understands something grownups refuse to"?  :dunno:

7 hours ago, txab said:

Isn't this going astray of the original topic? Are y'all going to get into a pissing match about vaccines, treatments, etc...

Sorry for my part Boss. I get sucked in when there’s more to the story and a single purpose narrative is pushed. Comes from being the oldest and watching over the siblings. By the way Merry Christmas.

It's been quite awhile and it seems a good time to paint. We started with the living room. Have I ever mentioned that I HATE painting? It's just scope of the job that is a bother. Well...and masking. LOL Talked Mrs. Bear into that part this time and have to say she is much better at than I am. 

Of course anytime Mrs. Bear is part of a project like this it morphs. What started as a ceiling paint is now a full room restoration, cleaning and updating. Shampoo the carpet. Dry clean the drapes. Varnish a window casement. Reupholster a chair. Replace another. New drapery rod. and on and on and on. Geez, I can't wait for the next room :crackup:

9 hours ago, txab said:

Isn't this going astray of the original topic? Are y'all going to get into a pissing match about vaccines, treatments, etc...

Nope...takes two. Besides as you can see I have a side job 😉 

And back on track!

• Haha 1

I haven't had time to talk about my spare time!  I've been busy preparing for and celebrating my second Covid Christmas!  My wife and I have made for a wonderful Christmas while observing all popular covid precautions.  My family in New Zealand are waking up to Christmas morning in a few moments and we'll be celebrating via Skype with opening presents.  Our home and property have never looked so festive!  Gifts for friends and neighbors were baked in our kitchen.  I also prepared gift bags for our K9 friends!   On Wednesday we had a couple of old friends stop in for an overnight visit!  This was the first for over a year for them and us!    We observed strict protocols and had an unforgettable time.  We are all boosted and were respectful of personal space. Most people have directly or indirectly experienced cancellation of an activity because of Covid. There are countless ways to get the enjoyment of Christmas and I'd love to hear your worry free alternatives.  We're on our second Christmas with Covid and have dedicated a lot of time and discussion with my wife to make sure the only tears are those of joy!  We are as excited, if not more, than ever!  We wish everyone the same level of happiness while still being respectful of the safety of others.

• Like 3

thanks guys, been really busy since I got into my local operators union, travelling for work working tons of hours away from home, its been wild. Im more active on social media platforms than forums but I've gotten so sick of ol zuckerberg and his BS so decided to kind of stray away from it, plus bought a fancy new laptop for home and work, so I could be on here more often than my phone (i hate tapatalk with a passion).

But yea the whole covid thing is just ridiculous... im guessing im immune to it considering I never get sick, and it has helped a ton being in such an active career thats primarily outside.  I havent really followed any rules regarding it lol

• Like 2

I've been blessed to have some time off this month, had my brother visit from out of state, and did the Christmas Eve thing with the wife's family. There were definitely some interesting emails to try to cater to everyone's various comfort levels and plan things.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2021 at 10:00 PM, Grumpy Bear said:

Little girl on the news last night in the Hot Lanta air port. Under 10 years old. Fully vaccinated and double masked. She said, "I know I can still get it but it is way less likely and I want to see my Grandma". 

Poor kid knows so much that isn't so.  She is not less likely to get Covid because of the gene therapy treatments. 

Children are practically immune to it anyway.  What is true is that if she was an adult, and the gene therapy shots had not worn off and she got Covid, the symptoms would be less severe generally speaking.  

Merry Christmas to all here at GM-Trucks!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Merry Christmas!  Yesterday we spent over an hour in my youngest child's living room in New Zealand and then spent an hour in #1 son's Houston area home.   This morning we'll be visiting central Canada!  Tonight, Prime Rib dinner with all of the fixings!  My wife, a single senior neighbour, me and tons of memories will be at the table.   The lack of in person contact is outweighed by knowing we haven't shared a virus!  We spent many Christmases pre personal computer, and appreciate we'd be pretty miserable without this technology!  The time I'd typically spend entertaining this weekend will spent playing with my new toys!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Donstar said:

Merry Christmas!  Yesterday we spent over an hour in my youngest child's living room in New Zealand and then spent an hour in #1 son's Houston area home.   This morning we'll be visiting central Canada!  Tonight, Prime Rib dinner with all of the fixings!  My wife, a single senior neighbour, me and tons of memories will be at the table.   The lack of in person contact is outweighed by knowing we haven't shared a virus!  We spent many Christmases pre personal computer, and appreciate we'd be pretty miserable without this technology!  The time I'd typically spend entertaining this weekend will spent playing with my new toys!!

Yes, we are blessed to have Facetime and the like now.  When I was stationed over in Korea, no such thing as well as with being over in Saudi in Desert Storm.  It sucks being away from family but the troops now have it way better than those of us back in the day.   Heck. I Facetime my mom in PA all the time.  She really enjoys it and so do I.  

Merry Christmas everyone!

• Like 3

We had face time too! One side of the family showed up for spaghetti yesterday. The other side for pot roast today. It’ll probably take me a week to recover just in time for the New Years party. Strangely one group decided to stay home with a mild cold. Even after a negative test. Wouldn’t have been a deterrent prior to Covid. Normalcy is going to take awhile even in Texas. Time to fire up the crock pot. Enjoy the rest of the holidays!

Our dinner was nice. Technology has made our Christmas but it can also be overdone, imo.  Friends and relatives knew what we were eating and doing c/w pictures before we finished our meal yesterday! 😉 I find too much "sharing" can take away from special times  but obviously others think differently!.    It was a good thing that our one guest lived next door because we had snowfall like I'd never seen here before!  We had a white Christmas on steroids!  Today will be another one spent behind a snowblower and shovel.  My reward is going out 4X4ing once my chores are done!     Yesterday, the snow was so heavy that you couldn't see pavement on the main roads.  I did well on my Defenders in AWD and did even better in 4 high!  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Donstar said:

Our dinner was nice. Technology has made our Christmas but it can also be overdone, imo.  Friends and relatives knew what we were eating and doing c/w pictures before we finished our meal yesterday! 😉 I find too much "sharing" can take away from special times  but obviously others think differently!.    It was a good thing that our one guest lived next door because we had snowfall like I'd never seen here before!  We had a white Christmas on steroids!  Today will be another one spent behind a snowblower and shovel.  My reward is going out 4X4ing once my chores are done!     Yesterday, the snow was so heavy that you couldn't see pavement on the main roads.  I did well on my Defenders in AWD and did even better in 4 high!  

I miss snow sometimes. It seems people who became used to driving in snow are better drivers. Just watch Texas driving in the rain. I avoid it at all cost. 

• Like 1