Transmission clunks when coming to a stop

I have a 2017 Silverado 1500 LT with the 6 speed transmission. The transmission seems very sloppy to me and almost every time I am coming to a stop, the transmission will clunk while shifting down. The truck has around 80,000 miles on it and did have some front end damage to it but i don’t see why that would have anything to do with the transmission. Has anyone experienced this and/or have a fix? 

Have the engine and trans programmed. This trans programing is an easy bandaid fix. The real deal is sonnax trans upgrades that correct all the issues along with programing for fine tuning.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

6L80 clunks when they are new on downshifts.  I've had 3 of them, they all did it.  Zero miles up to when I traded in.  Driven plenty of used trucks on our lot with the 6L80, they all did it.  

I can vouch on the tune side of things cleaning them up however.  My brother had a 2014 Camaro SS and had his 6L80 tuned.  Made a big difference in the shifting and performance of the transmission compared to stock.  Tuner even got rid of that stupid 2-3 shift flare that occasionally occurs.        

Edited by newdude

1 hour ago, Snowcamo said:

Have the engine and trans programmed. This trans programing is an easy bandaid fix. The real deal is sonnax trans upgrades that correct all the issues along with programing for fine tuning.

Thank you for your reply. I just don’t see why such a new truck would have to be programmed. I have ridden in a 2014 Silverado that was as smooth as butter. Do you know of anyone who has fixed their issue with a specific program and what the program is? 

Edited by lmcdonald10

51 minutes ago, newdude said:

6L80 clunks when they are new on downshifts.  I've had 3 of them, they all did it.  Zero miles up to when I traded in.  Driven plenty of used trucks on our lot with the 6L80, they all did it.  

I can vouch on the tune side of things cleaning them up however.  My brother had a 2014 Camaro SS and had his 6L80 tuned.  Made a big difference in the shifting and performance of the transmission compared to stock.  Tuner even got rid of that stupid 2-3 shift flare that occasionally occurs.        

Thanks for your reply. I have a couple of friends both with 2014 silverados that never have issues with clunking though. I’m pretty sure they have the 6 speed as well 

Thank you for your reply. I just don’t see why such a new truck would have to be programmed. I have ridden in a 2014 Silverado that was as smooth as butter. Do you know of anyone who has fixed their issue with a specific program and what the program is? 
Sure do. This site is full of folk who have this issue. Some live with it, fluid flush, or just program for more line pressure. That being said type in transmission clunk and find a plethora of threads on this.