In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

• 11 months later...

With the new electric Hummer starting at $112,000 I am afraid I could not buy one even if I was totally on board with the concept!

Hell Now that I am retired I am not sure I can afford a normal GM truck anymore!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dealer shops are unable to resolve diesel emissions issues...and now there will be complexity of electric vehicles? Oh my... how long do you think “warranty” will be?  How long will the car owners wait for “unavailable parts”? Will known defective or low reliability replacement parts be installed during “warranty?

the “power grid”, like all commercial products, is running at “maximum profit”... reinvestment is not happening. (Can’t use electric wireline trucks without electricity... REMEMBER the “freak” collapse of Texas grid so that our resources were sold to highest bidder?). More houses are “all Electric” and more planned. Everyone home. Cranking heat and tv, etc..maybe even “cooking” on their stove...the “reserve” of 10% doesn’t cut it. “Deregulation” in utilities has had opposite of “intended result”.  The “competition” has been rigged and people froze to death....  

wait until we hang these “edicted” cars hanging on the grid...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Let's bring this "one and done" post back to life. OP had 4 names, 3 first or middle, and a last, so my guess is that he discovered this forum, and posted his amazement🤔😬

Some days I am amazed that we don't speak a different language, because we have been conquered by another country....

Edited by JimCost2014

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By SlowerTrafficKeepRIght
      Ok, 

I want to come back to the GMC/Chevy family.  For over 20 years, I owned a 98 GMC Suburban, putting over 230k miles on it myself and LOVED the truck. I too owned a 2003 Chevy 1500...put many miles on it too.

I am looking at the GMC/Chevy 2500 series diesel trucks.  I will stay within the 2016-2019 year range, with about $35k plus'ish budget.  I might look at the 2021 trucks, only due to many deals/rebates etc. 

What suggestions or tips are out there for these trucks?  What should I watch out for and/or look at getting? 

So, a few years ago, I bought a 2015 Ram 1500 4x4 EcoDiesel Lonestar -- well, I have been disappointed with  Chrysler/Fiat (FCA).  Short story, they lied about the ecodiesel, and after forced recall ECM update, they sucked all performance etc., from the truck.  When I had my suburban, I never had so many recalls, been lied to, and never had poor performance.

Thanks, for any suggestions that you will provide.  Gary

• By Determined
      How many miles to get out of a 14 Sierra slt 4x4 5.3L?    Currently 118k , try to take best care as much as possible 
    • By Scott Kramer
      my 2017 gmc after crashing
    • By FF259
      I have a 2006 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4. A/c has been out for over 2 years had a bad compressor never got around to fixing it. Today I replaced the compressor, condenser, accumulator, orifice tube, and flushed all lines. Took it up to my buddy at the dealership and we charged it up. Put it under vacuum for a bit and no leaks. Drove home about 12 miles no problems blew ice cold. Left to go to the store about 2 hours later started it up the ac button was on but clutch wasn’t engaged and ac blowing warm. Turned the button off then back on clutch engaged and blew ice cold. About 10-15 seconds clutch disengages blows hot cycle the button again blows cold again. Every 10 seconds or so it blows hot and I have to cycle the ac button on the dash again get cold air.
      I know the compressor clutch should cycle on and off that’s normal but I don’t think it should be that frequent and you shouldn’t feel that significant of a temperature change right? And when it cycles off it doesn’t come back on unless you cycle the button. 

I’m thinking a issue with the low pressure switch on the accumulator but any advice? 
    • By aWelderZ71
      Hello everyone. I've been looking for a raptor style grille for my '14 silverado 1500. I see ones online that I like but I can only find them for the 16-18 models. They have the 3 amber led's on top and "CHEVROLET" fairly large across the middle. For these, you can find them for 120-175 dollars.
      The only raptor style grills I've found for the 14-15 chevy have the amber lights but no chevrolet across the front. I've also seen grills with chevrolet across the front but don't have any lights AND they cost 500-700 dollars and at that point, I would just stick to the stock grill.

Anyone have any ideas on where I could find this? or ways that I could maybe buy the blank grill with the lights and buy lettering somewhere separately and somehow attach them to the grill?

I've attached 3 pictures. The first one is what I want but it's not the right year. Second is what I can find for my year and 3rd is the one with no lights, but has lettering across middle for 600 dollars. 

Any advice would be awesome!