In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Scott Kramer
      my 2017 gmc after crashing
    • By FF259
      I have a 2006 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4. A/c has been out for over 2 years had a bad compressor never got around to fixing it. Today I replaced the compressor, condenser, accumulator, orifice tube, and flushed all lines. Took it up to my buddy at the dealership and we charged it up. Put it under vacuum for a bit and no leaks. Drove home about 12 miles no problems blew ice cold. Left to go to the store about 2 hours later started it up the ac button was on but clutch wasn’t engaged and ac blowing warm. Turned the button off then back on clutch engaged and blew ice cold. About 10-15 seconds clutch disengages blows hot cycle the button again blows cold again. Every 10 seconds or so it blows hot and I have to cycle the ac button on the dash again get cold air.
      I know the compressor clutch should cycle on and off that’s normal but I don’t think it should be that frequent and you shouldn’t feel that significant of a temperature change right? And when it cycles off it doesn’t come back on unless you cycle the button. 

I’m thinking a issue with the low pressure switch on the accumulator but any advice? 
    • By aWelderZ71
      Hello everyone. I've been looking for a raptor style grille for my '14 silverado 1500. I see ones online that I like but I can only find them for the 16-18 models. They have the 3 amber led's on top and "CHEVROLET" fairly large across the middle. For these, you can find them for 120-175 dollars.
      The only raptor style grills I've found for the 14-15 chevy have the amber lights but no chevrolet across the front. I've also seen grills with chevrolet across the front but don't have any lights AND they cost 500-700 dollars and at that point, I would just stick to the stock grill.

Anyone have any ideas on where I could find this? or ways that I could maybe buy the blank grill with the lights and buy lettering somewhere separately and somehow attach them to the grill?

I've attached 3 pictures. The first one is what I want but it's not the right year. Second is what I can find for my year and 3rd is the one with no lights, but has lettering across middle for 600 dollars. 

Any advice would be awesome!

• By Looch403
      First post, new user here!

Got out of my first pickup in 2015 due to the Oil crash in Alberta Canada, things are looking better and im getting into a 2020 GMC sierra 1500 elevation crew cab, short box with X31 package.
      Got a great price on the truck along with 0% financing.
       GM has a lot of factory accessories that can be added to their trucks. Im for sure going to get the flush fit box cover.
        Any advise on other upgrades to do right away would be appreciated!!

Thanks,

Looch

• By Adrian C
      Hi, I have 2 questions. One, I want to do the HD Front end conversion on my 2007 NNBS Silverado1500. I know what I need, and I have decided on the 2011-2013 HD grill and bumper. I have gone on line and seen some people go with the 2007-2010 HD hood and some people go with the 2011-2013 HD hood. Would any one know the difference or if one fits better onto the 1500 truck? And does anyone know how to install the bumper? And the second question was, How can I convert the truck into full electric mode? I have manual windows and no power locks. My truck is extended cab and I would wish for the back windows to work as well. Or does anyone have a really good video on what parts I need and how to do it step by step? I am by no means a mechanic but i do work on my trucks here and there on small things. Thanks in advanced!