2014 Silverado 1500 Leveling Option Bilstein 5100

Was talking to a customs shop in my area and asked what they'd recommend for a leveling kit (parts + installation) for my 2014 Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71. They reached back out with a quote and said they would choose to install a set of Bilstein 5100 adjustable struts in the front, and that it would gain about 1.85" in the front. They quoted me $569 for everything including alignment, does that seem reasonable?

Has anybody on here gone that route with a comparable pickup? All I've seen are 2 or 2.5" leveling kits, would 1.85" be enough to eliminate the factory rake as well as be able to fit 33's one day? If anyone has and could share before and after pictures, that would be great. Thank you

5 hours ago, silveradoman72 said:

Was talking to a customs shop in my area and asked what they'd recommend for a leveling kit (parts + installation) for my 2014 Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71. They reached back out with a quote and said they would choose to install a set of Bilstein 5100 adjustable struts in the front, and that it would gain about 1.85" in the front. They quoted me $569 for everything including alignment, does that seem reasonable?

Has anybody on here gone that route with a comparable pickup? All I've seen are 2 or 2.5" leveling kits, would 1.85" be enough to eliminate the factory rake as well as be able to fit 33's one day? If anyone has and could share before and after pictures, that would be great. Thank you

First off, price. No not reasonable. Unless we’re talking about front and rear Bilsteins. But if you go on eBay right now, the front pair for Bilstein 5100’s are $215. Install should be around $100 and alignment from $50-70. Look around other shops before you make your final decision. 

I don’t have a level or lift on my truck yet so I can’t supply any pictures. But the 1.85” will not eliminate the rake. You need about 2.3”-2.5” to eliminate the rake. If you want to eliminate the rake more you could add the Bilsteins and then remove the rear block but then you will run into issues if you tow.

Lastly, fitting 33’s varies. I’ve seen people fit 33’s with no level or lift. However they were using aftermarket wheels not stocks. If you want to fit 33’s safely make sure you get a wheel with a 0

offset or no more than a -18 offset. 

• 2 weeks later...

$569 is definitely reasonable. I just put 5100's all around myself and I got quotes to have them installed. Everyplace I went was charging an hour per side for the fronts. So shocks, installed and alignment for $569 is a good price.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk