Tiny specks on windshield new truck

I have tiny little specs on the windshield of my new truck.  850 miles.  I have had this before on cars with lots of miles - I think it’s caused by sand/dirt after a lot of driving. 

When the sun hits it, the glare is significant.  But, how can this happen on something new?  I bought it with 9 miles two weeks ago. I did take one 600 mile trip. But, I can’t imagine that caused all the specks.  Any ideas?  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lawsnook said:

I have tiny little specs on the windshield of my new truck.  850 miles.  I have had this before on cars with lots of miles - I think it’s caused by sand/dirt after a lot of driving. 

When the sun hits it, the glare is significant.  But, how can this happen on something new?  I bought it with 9 miles two weeks ago. I did take one 600 mile trip. But, I can’t imagine that caused all the specks.  Any ideas?  

My '16 Sierra was like that from new.  It was in the glass and not on the outside surface and could only see it in a direct bright sun.

Try cleaning the outside with BonAmi and clean the inside with a strong cleaner.

If it's specs on the outside of the glass, it's probably rail dust.  Probably find it on the surface paint too.