Long post, 2018 Silverado LTZ steering wheel controls dead

Had my truck worked on at a body shop(dent fix and new windshield) then straight to a proper detailing.

I assume one of the two disconnected my batteries (L5P Durramax).

Now, the buttons and controls on the steering wheel do not respond. 

Confirmed with both shops, nothing was disconnected from the steering column.

Everything else, horn, dash, lights, radio, etc. All function correctly. Only the stero paddles, and menu nav buttons do not work.

Scanned all the modules for codes and received back 2 codes in the Instrument Panel Cluster.

DTC 1: B3622-39 Steering Wheel Controls Signal Circuit - Internal Malfunction - (No ****** Sherlock)

DTC 2 : U1510-00 LIN Bus Lost Communication with Device 0 - (Ah yes, Device 0, obviously). I am not sold on the clock spring still as I don't have any SRS module codes.

Repair manual says those codes together is a short to ground.

Cheryl on-top was this YouTube video,

Anyone have enough knowledge to help me figure if it's a bad module or a cut wire?

Screenshot_20200419-160813.png

It’s probably not power because you’d have an airbag light.
It’s probably not ground because G210 is the ground for half the interior and everything works except the controls.
Using a dvom check Circuit 3894 pin 3 at the steering wheel controls to Pin 20 at the instrument cluster, that’s your LIN circuit that’s down. If the circuit checks ok then it needs the controls.
Probably needs the controls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the post concerning the issue with the windshield. Good info in case I ever need to have it replaced in my '17 Silverado. From your description, I bet the windshield repair tech accidently cut a wire shown in the video. A set-up for failure, IMO. Please post what you end up finding.

1 hour ago, tlaw91 said:

It’s probably not power because you’d have an airbag light.
It’s probably not ground because G210 is the ground for half the interior and everything works except the controls.
Using a dvom check Circuit 3894 pin 3 at the steering wheel controls to Pin 20 at the instrument cluster, that’s your LIN circuit that’s down. If the circuit checks ok then it needs the controls.
Probably needs the controls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, jshbatatta89 said:

By "needs the controls" do you mean it needs new components on the Steering wheel? 

Also, something I haven't learned yet, is G210 a "facility" ID or is it a code? I keep seeing bit but electronics is new-ish to me. 

"Needs controls" that's correct, he's talking the switches in the wheel itself.

G210 is the labeling for the ground that those switches and many other components ground at.  The entire steering wheel, HVAC blower and more ground there.  Being you've got two switches out of everything else working, I see his reasoning for it not likely being a ground issue as in the ground point itself.

schem.thumb.jpg.4081cb064e34590404ed02b8325e516a.jpg