2014 vs 2015 body parts swap what’s compatible

So today I removed the fender from the 2015 which took a little longer than I had hoped but about two hours. Monday I will remove the fender from the 14 and and install on 15. Then Monday afternoon we start with the bumper!  Forgot to take pictures of both but will post Monday.
Good deal!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

So I’m running into issues! If you leave the brackets on the bumper that’s not going to work because the piece that slides into the frame is smaller. So there’s a lot of free play on the 1500 to 2500 and the 2500 brackets are too big to fit into the opening on the 1500!

So the only way it will work is to take the brackets off of the bumper and swap the brackets :(

I just hope the brackets to the bumper are the same holes and line up!

Edited by Plumber101010

Yes but I will have to take the brackets off of the bumper versus taking them off of the frame.  Just so anyone else knows who is attempting this PIA project! LOL  which means the black top has to come off 

Edited by Plumber101010

All done and it looks good. I’ll post pictures of both trucks before and after tonight. Decided to take some bedliner and do the rear black bumper and it came out peeeerfect!

E2A2980C-C126-44FF-84B0-0E8021CB0DD5.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Only real problem I had was there was one area where we just couldn’t slide the bumper off of the 2500 once everything was disconnected. There was like a raised section with a notch on the bumper bracket that sorta hooked and caught on the body. Finally I just took a grinder and cut two notches which will not be seen once you put the bumper on to expedite matters!   Haven’t posted the before and after pictures yet because one of the trucks I lent to a friend and forgot to get a picture of it with the license plate removed or covered in case there are any psycho stalkers  here LOL...  The ones I have are no good I need to wait till I get the truck back and remove the plates

• Like 1