Push button locks on handles - mistake???

2 hours ago, SWBuckeye said:

So, anyone happen to know if the wiring harness is present in the door for this option?

I've not taken the door apart yet but thought I'd ask to see if anyone knew.

I added painted handles yesterday to my 2020 LTZ that has keyless buttons on the front only.  The wiring harness is not present in the rear doors, was hoping it would be.  I added rear handles with buttons anyways though, I prefer the look of all 4.

62CFCE98-DC87-4F7F-90B2-DC3848570549.jpeg

Edited by pewterliftedz

47 minutes ago, pewterliftedz said:

I added painted handles yesterday to my 2020 LTZ that has keyless buttons on the front only.  The wiring harness is not present in the rear doors, was hoping it would be.  I added rear handles with buttons anyways though, I prefer the look of all 4.

62CFCE98-DC87-4F7F-90B2-DC3848570549.jpeg

NICE!!!!  Looks so much better. 

Did you have to take the door pad off? Or can you remove it w/out doing that? Pls, do share. 

Were the tow mirrors factory or did you add those on?  Did you replace the chrome window trim or wrap?

Edited by SWBuckeye

2 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

I have seen this complaint a few times and don't understand it, and I have first hand experience as my Fiance's Rav4 does the same thing where only the front doors unlock the vehicle with the proximity key. All we have to do is reach out a few feet to grab the front door handle to unlock the entire vehicle, not a big deal. As vehicles do more things people get entitled and there could easily be other reasons for it like reducing accidental activation of the locks. For example it eliminates two doors that can be accidentally unlocked by leaning or rubbing against it. I know with the Rav4 if I have the key in my pocked while washing the car when cleaning the handles the doors can lock/unlock. My brothers Altima has the unlock only on the front doors and he just touches the front door then puts my nephew in the back, easy peasy. 

Tyler

There maybe a few reasons for the complaint/criticism.....(not trying to be or sound offensive here?!)....but driver age, physical limitations, extent of use as well as how the truck is used, let alone the fact it is a $60K+ truck and a top of line trim package. When the truck is a 2nd office and you spend a lot of time on the road, it becomes a convenience issue that you learn to appreciate as you get older.....at least that's how I look at it.

There maybe a few reasons for the complaint/criticism.....(not trying to be or sound offensive here?!)....but driver age, physical limitations, extent of use as well as how the truck is used, let alone the fact it is a $60K+ truck and a top of line trim package. When the truck is a 2nd office and you spend a lot of time on the road, it becomes a convenience issue that you learn to appreciate as you get older.....at least that's how I look at it.
The other thing that pisses me off about gm when they remove stuff for new model year, typically the prices go up a little bit anyway.

For the new model year traverse they are getting rid of the more advanced awd system to a cheaper one that isn't as good but they aren't charging less. Its a bad philosophy that GM seems to have these days for all their stuff.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Mikedfw said:

The other thing that pisses me off about gm when they remove stuff for new model year, typically the prices go up a little bit anyway.

For the new model year traverse they are getting rid of the more advanced awd system to a cheaper one that isn't as good but they aren't charging less. Its a bad philosophy that GM seems to have these days for all their stuff.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yup, kinda like how the T1s have single speed transfer case now if you don't pay extra for Z71

5 hours ago, SWBuckeye said:

NICE!!!!  Looks so much better. 

Did you have to take the door pad off? Or can you remove it w/out doing that? Pls, do share. 

Were the tow mirrors factory or did you add those on?  Did you replace the chrome window trim or wrap?

i had to remove all 4 door panels.   The fronts you need to remove them to unplug the button wires, on the rear I didn't need to since I didn't have buttons originally, but I wanted to see if the wires were still there.  If you do not have keyless entry buttons the door handles are super easy with a simple youtube search.

I added the tow mirrors last week, they are factory power folding and have blind spot.  I was able to find them on ebay.  Chrome trim was wrapped with gloss black vinyl.

4 hours ago, Wayne Black said:

Oh God! It's so HARD to unlock the rear doors by punching the front door lock button twice!

How will I get by?

1st world problem.

Not so much a First World Problem as it is a Second Year Problem. Few of us would even care to lift a finger to complain about the (shortsighted? Misguided? Stupid?) decision to remove the rear buttons from the Chevy lineup of the GM brands, if they had not given four buttons to us to begin with. It’s perfectly rational to air one’s grievances in such a scenario. 

And as one who uses the rear button almost more than my front button on my 2019 RST, I sit in the camp of grievances. 

Edited by econometrics
  • Like 2

On 8/14/2020 at 11:02 PM, gf2020 said:

You can configure the front buttons to open all 4 doors with one touch; problem solved.

Or, for once in their life, GM could decide not to cheap out and just give everybody four buttons like they did for 2019. 

14 minutes ago, jlong1984 said:

Or, for once in their life, GM could decide not to cheap out and just give everybody four buttons like they did for 2019. 

It's also entirely possible that GM was having issues replacing faulty rear buttons and just decided they weren't needed and you could configure the front button to unlock all the doors.

When I was a Senior in High School my daily driver was a '57 Chevy and I know this sounds crazy, but you had to actually stick the key into the door and turn it 90 degrees to unlock your car!

Times were tough back then!

A friend had a '57 four door hardtop and to unlock the back door you had to reach around in the open front door and pull the button up!

By the end of the day, you were totally exhausted.

Sarcasm.

• Haha 1