Are every new 2021 Silverado/Sierra selling for over MSRP???

OP, check websites like Carguru and Autotrader.

I purchased my truck from Robideaux Motors in Idaho. Straight up - no games. Mike Neglio was my salesman (no affiliation).

Paying over MSRP is crazy. I consider paying even MSRP crazy. Look around and save yourself some $$.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Buy a Toyota if this is聽GM's new way to sell a truck.馃

Let the lot know what you are doing, then bring back the Tundra and show them your new truck.

I am one of the most loyal GM people you will find, but if they do not want to deal, or take my money, no problem at all going to brand X

I apologize, I didn't mean to mislead anyone.聽

Inventory in the DFW area seems to be short and I work closely with a GM and Toyota dealership. Definitely a case by case situation and have been seeing stories about dealer markups and people selling used vehicles for more than new.

Good luck with your search, looks like you have a lot of good insight here.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, SVG said:

OP, check websites like Carguru and Autotrader.

I purchased my truck from Robideaux Motors in Idaho. Straight up - no games. Mike Neglio was my salesman (no affiliation).

Paying over MSRP is crazy. I consider paying even MSRP crazy. Look around and save yourself some $$.

Agreed also I found a dealer up in Kalispell thatI have worked with before still selling below msrp and nice trucks too not wt or lt only models

5 hours ago, Adamace1 said:

The dealer I bought my truck from in NC is offering 4,400 off of MSRP. They only have 6 trucks.

$4,400 off MSRP is the actual MSRP sticker price, before $4,400 rebates. I'm looking for invoice. Anyone has any luck?

5 hours ago, dram1983361 said:

I'd steer clear of any dealers claiming chip/truck shortage and marking up prices over sticker. Yes it's harder to find certain trims/options but you can find them.

Not really. It maybe be a California state problem rather than dealers. Too many leases are expiring, due to overpopulation,聽so the dealers cannot handle the extra demand of sales. More Liberals are likely to lease than purchase, actually, so they need to get into something fast, regardless of inventory shortage or over MSRP cost. More conservatives聽usually own, so less turnover rate =聽lower price than MSRP.

Wasn't like this before in 2008-2010 when I ordered the last 2008 Ford F-150 V6 4.2L OHV. Sales were falling, due to upcoming recession, and I got a phone call during vehicle transit that dealers were switching to employee pricing sales. Completely opposite today.

Edited by waltchan

2 hours ago, Robby James said:

Agreed also I found a dealer up in Kalispell thatI have worked with before still selling below msrp and nice trucks too not wt or lt only models

聽I test drove a 3.0 Denali at Corwin Motors. They just didn't have the specific model/trim I wanted.

聽I get my service work done there.

California dealers have people over a barrel, because you can't just run across the state line and get one in AZ or NV.聽 Well, you could, but guess what happens when you try to register a brand new truck with FE9 federal emissions in Cali.

1 hour ago, SVG said:

聽I test drove a 3.0 Denali at Corwin Motors. They just didn't have the specific model/trim I wanted.

聽I get my service work done there.

That is where I bought my RST in the fall, 10k off msrp they have a nice LTZ there now for a good price but not my first color choice.

All their trucks are below msrp with cash incentives etc.

Considering selling mine now where I am an replacing it with an upgrade but I have to consider taxation where I live is 10%

6 hours ago, newdude said:

Requirement?聽 LMAO.聽 No such thing.聽聽

Its greedy dealers taking advantage of the market and low inventory.聽聽

Plus incentives are low right now as well.聽聽

^ This.聽 The supply chain shortages are a reality for a聽lot of industries right now (the chip thing is real).聽 It's because everyone throttled back when covid hit, and now the demand聽has recovered the supply is playing catch聽up.

Sit it out, and you will be able to negotiate a fair deal by the end of the year.

13 hours ago, It's Tim said:

Trucks aren't worth more... the dollar is worthless.聽馃槀

Hang on I think a 2x4x8 will soon be in $20 territory, anybody wanna bet on $100 for a sheet of plywood?

i just did.....1 1/8" flooring was $100 a sheet

i bought mine in february from Arizona, Laura was a little cheaper but alot farther and 3 nights of hotels, gas, miles on truck, and worst snow and ice storm to hit midwest.....i paid 1k over them but was home in 6hrs on the tank they filled up for me and $40 plane ticket, lol

I have seen 5k markup in so cal just about everywhere.......it is what it is, they play by the demand and what they can get......

Edited by Dunn

20 minutes ago, Dunn said:

I have seen 5k markup in so cal just about everywhere.......it is what it is, they play by the demand and what they can get......

If you were to do this again, which GM dealer would you buy from and trust?

I will try Mark Christopher GM dealer in Ontario, CA next, #1 largest GM dealer in whole southern California. I'm just researching for now, but with low-expectations.

Edited by waltchan

yeah there wasnt any markups when i bought mine.....it was before this trend, all so cal dealers were stil pretty high though.....i just contacted a ton of them and got best OTD price from Laura and Van buick in scottsdale......so i just went with Van because they were closer.....i had a check to pay cash so i didnt have to haggle at dealer or financing.....was in and out in 30 min........whoever has the best price is your place.....last 2 trucks i did whole deal by email basically, actually聽truck before this one l bought in april 2020 i never set foot in dealership at all.....its all about sell price......only thing that matters......right now if i had to do it over聽i would go out of state most likey again

Similar here in ontario Canada. Not over msrp but within 50km radius (all smaller towns) there were no deals or incentives. A lot of farming locally.聽Some barely anything other than a 70k high country. Had to go to a bigger city couple hours away. Ended up finding a 21 1500聽custom 4x4 crew cab with the 5.3 for 8500 off.聽

I'm 400 miles from Laura, but still easier than trying to get the right truck at the right price from a local dealer.聽 It will be frustrating when the free (small) tank of gas doesn't get me home.聽聽