Wind noise from front/drivers side - Bulletin Pl1221

I had same problem took it in they replaced seals helped some but still there , have to take it back again and have them try it again to see if they can fix it

I too get a wind noise from my driver's side door. Unfortunately I bet the dealer will try to blame it on the Vent Visors causing extra turbulence on the window. I noticed that if i stick my arm vertical from the window sill, straight up with noise goes away. I may see what the dealer has to say about the bulletin.

It was a windy SOB yesterday so I made a video showing the noise I get with cross winds. In the video you can hear the difference when I pull the door towards me. I was traveling west with a NW wind (2 o'clock position to truck). As soon as a turned north the noise was greatly reduced.

I just got back from the dealer. I emailed my video to them and they called me this morning. Said they have seen this before and they can adjust the door to fix it. Said they only need about 1/2 hour to do it. They didn't give me a lot of details on what they did. On the way back from the dealership it wasn't very windy but I can tell the door feels tighter against the cab. Before I could push on the seal and it felt pretty spongy. Now the seal is firmer as there is more pressure against it. Time will tell if this adjustment fixes this issue permanently. Will give an update after a windy day.

I'm having this problem and am out of bumper to bumper warranty. I'm wondering how replacing the bolts listed in the tsb(11561763) would make any difference? I will most likely go and pick them up from the dealer tomorrow anyways, but would like to understand the logic behind this tsb.

Edited by nadrojcote

OK, I picked my truck up from the dealer yesterday. They said they just replaced the seals but not the bolts. On initial drive back it seemed like there was a weird air leak or turbulence around the mirror with a weird air noise happening. I have not heard the same sound yet from driving around today. At times, it seems it may be driving a little bit louder with the air sound from before, but then sometimes equivalent as before.

Hopefully it was just the new seals getting sealed up to the frame and door and sealing properly to it's countours since the original drive with the replaced seal sounded off. The seals do feel quite a bit firmer than previously and the gap between the door and cab is much more uniform.

I took mine in finally, and the adjusted the latching mechanism, took about 5 mins and now its tight. Before I could almost push my finger up through the weather stripping on the top of the door, now its to tight. He said with was really loose, he could tell when he got in my truck that was my issue.

My dealer didn't even question me, just listen to me, took it back, adjusted it and that was it.

Having a good dealer sure helps the process. I have had poor dealers before and it sucks. I think a good dealer will do far more for a manufacturer then any ad campaign could do in personal opinion.

mine, is more when I ride on a bumpy road. the window seems like its loose, It rattles, like you can hear pressure/air changing. if push on it with hand or elbow. it stops.

took it to dealer, said they couldn't replicate the issue. BS

I have the same issue, sounds like something is loose in the door near the arm rest.

Appointment with the dealer tomorrow (3rd trip), they insist it is the OnStar antenna. I personally don't think so, but we'll find out.

My 9 hour road trip this past weekend was less than enjoyable with the whistle the entire way.

• Like 1

Well two days later I finally got my truck back. The service writer insisted the wind noise was gone and even the service manager confirmed because he drove it. Proceeded towards the nearest freeway to get above 70mph and the whistle was there. Now tomorrow the service manager and I are going on a ride-a-long, oh joy. Time to find another dealer.

The sound I am experiencing sounds like the wind\air is making the window seal move, which in essence sounds like a "plastic-ish" kind of ticking noise.

I didn't quite exam it yet, but seems as the rubber seal, has a plastic-ish kind of cover on the rubber, and that's what is moving.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Singerado

Had passenger side replaced Monday since I'm alone up here lol can really ride over there while driving lol but getting driver done tomorrow

Better fix it

It's just annoying

My Current Setup,2014 Silverado 2LT Z71,RCX 2.5 Level Kit,NittoTerra 33x12.50R20Lt's,Fuel - Octane D509 20x9 -12 Offset,All Chrome Plasti-Diped

My Up Coming Mod's,McGhauphy's 7"-9" Economy Lift Kit,Federal Couragia M/T's 35x12.50R20Lt's,OEM Tow Mirror's,Bushwaker OE Fender Flairs,Gtr Lighting Led Conversion Kit's 2,200 Lumen(High,Low,Fog),Black Spyder Venom Bull Bar,Iron Cross HD Step's.

I just got back from the dealer. I emailed my video to them and they called me this morning. Said they have seen this before and they can adjust the door to fix it. Said they only need about 1/2 hour to do it. They didn't give me a lot of details on what they did. On the way back from the dealership it wasn't very windy but I can tell the door feels tighter against the cab. Before I could push on the seal and it felt pretty spongy. Now the seal is firmer as there is more pressure against it. Time will tell if this adjustment fixes this issue permanently. Will give an update after a windy day.

Same here. I just messaged you bro.