Camper shell...??

i definitely understand financial decisions...you might or might not even care, but for me, the hinge was a deciding point. you might be able to ask how much for the upgraded hinges (if you don't know what i am talking about, i think the pics are in this thread) if not, i can find some pics...but again...cash is king and i understand that!

Cash is king. Got my local place to price match and install for $2101! I'm going in tomorrow morning to get the truck measured for the order. They said Leer usually takes 2-3 weeks for delivery, fingers crossed it gets here before I have to leave. Pretty pumped about it! This thread was a ton of help in deciding what I want/need on my shell. Thanks to all who contributed

Cash is king. Got my local place to price match and install for $2101! I'm going in tomorrow morning to get the truck measured for the order. They said Leer usually takes 2-3 weeks for delivery, fingers crossed it gets here before I have to leave. Pretty pumped about it! This thread was a ton of help in deciding what I want/need on my shell. Thanks to all who contributed

Nice I love toppers! That is an excellent price and for a LEER. Once you go topper you never go back!

• Like 1

Hey TopazBlue6.2,, you will Love your LEER..

Had my XQ for a few months now and its been great for hauling stuff, even in rain and it's used

for basic camping / fishing trips and air bed makes it fun...

Great price too...

Cheers---K

• Like 1

Just got it ordered. The local dealer was awesome and even knocked off a few extra bucks while I was in talking to him. He ordered it right in front of me before I even finished paying and told them it was a rush order because I'm leaving in a month. Can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

posted to another thread, but thought I thought I would update. I haven't gone in to get the handle leak repaired yet, but i washed my truck yesterday (with a power washer) and only had a minimal amount of leakage on one of the front corners...(not even through the tailgate, had a seal installed).

**can someone tell me how to get a nice clean image uploaded? some of you have some clean pics, and you don't have to click on the link...mine i uploaded through my gallery, and you have to click twice before you can actually see the clean image)

Twc

Edited by spenpet

Hey Spenpet..

Happy things are working out with new Topper..

We need to see Pix's.

With that said,, basic and easy way to upload photos is to push to desktop if your using PC or laptop.

Use photo editor to correct photo if needed and reduce size for upload via (More Reply Options).

Most sites require size less than 1Mb for uploads and easier to send to others..

Hope this helps..

Cheers----K

• Like 1

Hey Spenpet..

Happy things are working out with new Topper..

We need to see Pix's.

With that said,, basic and easy way to upload photos is to push to desktop if your using PC or laptop.

Use photo editor to correct photo if needed and reduce size for upload via (More Reply Options).

Most sites require size less than 1Mb for uploads and easier to send to others..

Hope this helps..

Cheers----K

thanks...if you click on that pic, it will take you to a good pic...i used to try to go through my phone and couldn't get the image 'small' enough and still be clear...so i thought i would try through the gallery...but that is a series of clicks...i'll try what you suggest, thanks!

Yup,, Truck looks Great...

I am curious as to what brand / type bumper, "I like it" and tire specs..

AND,, more pix's...

Cheers----K

Thank you! bumper is an Iron Cross HD low profile...I installed the fog lights when I put the bumper on, but I just ordered a light bar to fill the gap in the middle...so hopefully can get that done in the next couple of weeks...tires are BFG KO2's 285/65 my stock 18's.

i installed an LED string light this weekend...the process was easy, but I don't always have all the right tools/supplies, so I like to make it tough on myself...here are the results...(the light looks purple, but it is on 'white' setting...the set of lights I have can do almost any color you want though)

gallery_162426_4728_47216.jpg

gallery_162426_4728_133568.jpg

gallery_162426_4728_7993.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone has posted one, but what are you guys' thoughts on the canvas "safari" style shells? Most seem to have plastic, roll up windows similar to a Jeep Wrangler. I dig the look but was curious how they are to live with day to day?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure if anyone has posted one, but what are you guys' thoughts on the canvas "safari" style shells? Most seem to have plastic, roll up windows similar to a Jeep Wrangler. I dig the look but was curious how they are to live with day to day?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have seen those in other threads, I would say if you want a limited use topper and money is a driving factor, it might be good...they aren't for me, but I can see the market for them...what I wouldn't do is get one to have on my truck all the time, (but again, that's just my opinion). I think they are made to be able to come off and on the truck relatively easily so if you need a topper you can have one...but leave it in the garage when not in use...