Walt..........thanks a bunch

did my hook up today.....used RG5 stranded video cable

terminated the feed to the mirror....so the cam is only visable on the nav unit

although you were right ( as usual ) the video quality is not as good as it could be

im pretty happy with it,, as opposed to seeing the small screen in the mirror

the dealers you service are pretty lucky to have you...hope they realize it

Tony

I'll second the recommendation on Walt. There for his customers hands down.

One thing Walt, you should send a stack of business cards with each unit you send out. The OGM-1 sells itself. Have had it in for two days and gave your name to three people already.

I joined the forum and bought an OGM just recently all because of what I read about Walt. I have to say it is all true. My experience with Walt has been exactly as described in this forum, excellent. His knowledge and advice saved me many hours during my install. I installed an OGM1, DVD headrests, and a rear camera in my 2011 Tahoe. I'll post pics and details in a couple days.

Oh and I think it's fitting that my first post here is in praise of Walt!

Walt, I'm not sure if this has been recommended to advent but it would be awesome if there was a way to view categories such as artists or songs by letter since it can be rather difficult to try and search for that one song in an iPod that has 10k songs. Just thought I'd suggest it since the devs listen to our input.

Walt, I'm not sure if this has been recommended to advent but it would be awesome if there was a way to view categories such as artists or songs by letter since it can be rather difficult to try and search for that one song in an iPod that has 10k songs. Just thought I'd suggest it since the devs listen to our input.

I touched on this briefly in another thread, but the short story is that Apple doesn't require the iPod interface on the deck to function like it does on the iPod to be able to pass Apple certification.

Kinda weird, because I thought it would be in their best interest to keep the "user experience" relatively the same no matter what device you used to operate your iPod.

So, if Apple doesn't require it, there's nothing to be gained for a manufacturer to spend the time/effort to do it. Would they be nice guys to do it? Of course. Would they sell more units and gain a big return on the additional investment in programming for doing it? Probably not. Have I argued for that functionality? You bet. Will they do it? No.

I know that all too well also........but Its a sad excuse.......

Look at the sales of Garmin units.....although they look ugly on the dash

Their software is head ,,shoulders ,,,arms ,, feet and legs above even their closest compeditor

I know its a strech....but imagine the OGM 1 with the best garmin software...including free updates

My wife has a 1490 lmt in her torrent...and I update it 4 times a year absolutely FREE,,,,

iPods that run perfectly...without lags...even when everything else is running...like the nav

Yes,,,all this would drive their initial costs up......but then wouldnt everyone and their dog want a unit?

Iv always been one to do my best and expect the best

Dont get me wrong ,,,I still think the OGM 1 is a great unit....

Just sharing some thoughts because.....mabe its just me....but should these units really

require us to make all these changes...to programming just to get it to start properly.....and the need to be constantly firmware updated

T

PM or email Walt for pricing. There are some minor bugs with them (personally mine announces road names already and I never had the map night/day issue and the nav seems to start within a few moments of the deck arriving on the home screen already) but I've been thrilled with mine. Works very well, though it's first real test will be next week on the drive to Michigan.

Archived