Overheating problems!

I've been holding off from updating the thread since the fourth of July, but I can now proudly say that the overheating problems are resolved.

The 34" radiator along with the coolant flush did the job and truck is back to her old reliable self. Rush hour freeway traffic in 110+ degre weather with both high and low humidity is no problem at all.

I'm always keeping an eye on the temp gauge but it's just the habit I acquired during her overheating days (knock on wood it doesn't happen again).

Once again, thank you to everyone who chimed in with their suggestions and experience.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

I have a 2003 GMC sierra 5.3l sle.  My truck is overheating, I replaced the fan clutch, the thermostat, and now the water pump.  Before I installed the water pump I ran water through the radiator to make sure there weren't any clogs in the radiator.  I'm now completely stumped on why it is still overheating.  I don't know what my next step will be.  And before I changed any of the stuff listed above I had dumped 2-3 bottles of radiator stop leak.  It helped for a little while, and now it doesn't loose antifreeze at all as to I would be adding a gallon every 10-12 days.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!