HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

• 2 weeks later...
I got my fx-r projectors and morimoto 5500k hids in my oem ltz housings and I don't think my cutoff line is right. When I installed them it seemed the bulb could only go in one way. I'll attach a few pics. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 12903de6a6d0a6b653e97cc628886f32.jpg0b35a4a15ec31589605bb168942b7f50.jpg
So it looks like the bulb isn't sitting flush in the socket. In this case it distorts the beam pattern and creates shadows much like what it looks like in the pic.
I would also check to make sure that both metal bulb holders are pressed against the bulb. If only one is pressing it can make the bulbs not sit flush.
Hope that helps.

Phil

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Another bulb out issue with my
Morimoto HID kit for my Sierra. Same issue I had last year, took it apart and it magically worked again. Just noticed this tonight ... on the passenger side so hopefully I don’t have to remove the damn air box. Ugh.

This is why I hate worrying about aftermarket stuff for reliability reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

**UPDATE**

I swapped the 35w ballasts from side to side and everything worked. Then I swapped them back and everything still works. Weird .....

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:01 PM, Aaron1085 said:

**UPDATE**

I swapped the 35w ballasts from side to side and everything worked. Then I swapped them back and everything still works. Weird .....

Good to hear, maybe just a simple connection issue?

Edited by Shredzy

I don’t know... I pushed the connections together prior to swapping them and the passenger side still didn’t work. Then swapped them and swapped them back. Bingo.

Seems odd. Any suggestions on ensuring tighter connections?

Hey all. I have a 2017 Silverado 1500 LT and looking to get an HID kit for low beam. Does anyone know what bulb size I need? I think stock bulbs are a d5S or h11?? Not too sure which one.  Any issues with a 55w kit on heat issues? Would I need capacitors/error code eliminators/CANbus? With over 190 pages, it’s hard to dig it all up. 

Edited by Silverado17

21 hours ago, Silverado17 said:

Hey all. I have a 2017 Silverado 1500 LT and looking to get an HID kit for low beam. Does anyone know what bulb size I need? I think stock bulbs are a d5S or h11?? Not too sure which one.  Any issues with a 55w kit on heat issues? Would I need capacitors/error code eliminators/CANbus? With over 190 pages, it’s hard to dig it all up. 

Not sure what you would need but curious for those with the 50w kits if they have noticed any burning of the bowls after a while. 

If your truck came stock with HID (2016-2018 Silverado 1500) then you need the D5S. They don’t make a 55w kit for the D5S yet, only 35W. No canbus that’s for LED.

D5S has ballasts integrated into the HID bulb. It’s still relatively new technology so will have to wait for higher wattage.

2 hours ago, ChevyRoofer said:

If your truck came stock with HID (2016-2018 Silverado 1500) then you need the D5S. They don’t make a 55w kit for the D5S yet, only 35W. No canbus that’s for LED.

D5S has ballasts integrated into the HID bulb. It’s still relatively new technology so will have to wait for higher wattage.

Hmm, any replacements come in mind?

Hmm, any replacements come in mind?

Not many out there yet is the problem.

Morimotos. I believe someone has pics and is selling them in the marketplace here. Two different kelvin outputs, 5500k and 6500k.