HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

TRS will take care of you as long as it's within 5 year warranty period.

Great customer service without a doubt.

X2

These guys have been great to work wiith for my side business... love TRS and use their products exclusively for my builds or customers!

I'd contact TRS and discuss the issue.

I mounted my relays under the plastic cover between the grille & radiator as the area on the inside of the fenders always seems to be a wet area after a rain.

With the relays mounted as shown in post#2873 should be okay, but I preferred the other location to avoid any water getting at the relays.

• Like 1

I'd contact TRS and discuss the issue.

I mounted my relays under the plastic cover between the grille & radiator as the area on the inside of the fenders always seems to be a wet area after a rain.

With the relays mounted as shown in post#2873 should be okay, but I preferred the other location to avoid any water getting at the relays.

X2

TRS already replaced the passenger side. This is the driver's side now. I don't expect them to keep replacing relays every 2 years, but maybe the first pair was just a bad batch. They seem great about standing behind their product, though.

I'm fairly certain it's not a moisture issue. My relays are mounted at the spare battery tray location. I'm thinking it may be more heat-related. I have noticed the entire engine bay gets warmer than most vehicles I've owned.

attachicon.gifRelays.jpg

Having the same issue with morimoto 9012s. Passenger side went out around a year after install and now just short of 2 years from original install driver side stopped working. Installed by a supplier that was recommended by TRS Edited by Roader

Having the same issue with morimoto 9012s. Passenger side went out around a year after install and now just short of 2 years from original install driver side stopped working. Installed by a supplier that was recommended by TRS

What was needed to be replaced to have them work again?

Again folks contact The Retrofit Source and they will make things right. My light output dropped considerably a few months ago and after sending pics of the bulbs they sent out new ones. Great customer service for sure.

• Like 1

Again folks contact The Retrofit Source and they will make things right. My light output dropped considerably a few months ago and after sending pics of the bulbs they sent out new ones. Great customer service for sure.

Yes but they should last longer than a year and 23 months.

I had to replace bulb and resistor last time

I created a discount for members on this forum. It is for a "GM Bundle". The bundle is a retrofit kit for Sierra (FXR or D2S mini) or Silverado (FXR) combined with a set of Morimoto Xbled Fog light assemblies. The discount code is 75off_gmbundle and is worth $75 off the total. It can only be used when combining fogs and a retrofit kit (the full kit, not just the bracket). I'll keep this code valid until the end of the month. Use it at www.fastheadlights.com

Phil

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

IMG_20170802_100134_673.thumb.jpg.5121f805d7146353b0c50ae8b4e69f5d.jpgDidn't really want to read all pages. But I did a full projector swap. http://www.lightwerkz.net/index.php/components/retrofit-brackets/chevy/chevy-silverado-d2s-bracket.html I went with 65k bulbs with 50watt ballasts. The only thing I had to do was shave down some material. So the high-low solenoid could clear the housing and fit all the way in. I just used deburring bit in a drill. 

I still need to go back in and hook up the wire.(came provided with the projectors) That goes from the solenoid to the high beam plug.

Edited by SkittlesR6sl_ut

I did a RX 350 retrofit on my 2015 Sierra.  It went well except for sealing the headlight back.  I have since bought 2016 LED headlights.  I would highly recommend a full HID projector retrofit over the 2016 LED headlights so far.  The HID projectors seem to be brighter and wider.  I have RX 350 projectors, The Retrofit Source 35w HID kit, and Sierra adapters for sale if anyone is interested.

2016 LED headlight on top - RX 350 projector on the bottom

IMG_4565.HEIC

I did a RX 350 retrofit on my 2015 Sierra.  It went well except for sealing the headlight back.  I have since bought 2016 LED headlights.  I would highly recommend a full HID projector retrofit over the 2016 LED headlights so far.  The HID projectors seem to be brighter and wider.  I have RX 350 projectors, The Retrofit Source 35w HID kit, and Sierra adapters for sale if anyone is interested.

2016 LED headlight on top - RX 350 projector on the bottom

IMG_4565.HEIC
I'd be happy to take the kit off your hands if it was in Canada. Trump might make it illegal to sell across the border. [emoji3]

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

On 10/8/2017 at 9:54 PM, FastWS6TA said:

http://www.fastheadlights.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=buy_35watt_d5s_HID

Use the following code: 10%off_d5s at checkout and get 10% off with free shipping.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Nevermind, I think I'm gonna try the 4.0's, the rx is kinda pricey for the little advantage... Any discounts out there on those?

Edited by SWOYER

So I have a problem/question, yesterday on my way to work my HIDs were flickering while going over bumps. On the way home from work I hit a big pothole and now don’t have any headlights. I checked the fuse and it is good. Why would you guys recommend checking next? Bought my kit from TRs and already contacted them. Just wanted I see you alls opinion on wha you think my first troubleshooting step should be. Put my stock halogens back in and they work perfectly fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk