HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

If both are out then you need to go back to the single points of failure. That would be
1.) Where the relay harness connects to the OEM input plug.
2.) Capacitor link c9nnection
3.) Connection at the battery

I would lean towards the 1st as those plugs can come lose.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

If both are out then you need to go back to the single points of failure. That would be
1.) Where the relay harness connects to the OEM input plug.
2.) Capacitor link c9nnection
3.) Connection at the battery

I would lean towards the 1st as those plugs can come lose.

I will check the OEM input. I already checked connections at the battery. Is there any way to check the capacitor? Like with a multimeter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should have the Morimoto M LED projectors and brackets available in a week. Easy install. No wire harness. No dust cap modification. All wiring fits inside the headlight so no grommets needed either. Smaller than FXR so it goes in easier. Fxr is still the better performer but requires more for the install.
This will be available for the Sierra and Silverado. Although I would still recommended the FXR for the Sierra. Since the Sierra requires to open the back of the headlight it doesn't matter that the MLed is smaller. My other concern with the Sierra retrofit is that if the MLed project has an issue it means the whole thing needs to be removed. That would require the back or the lense to be removed again. The FXR projector doesn't fail, but if a bulb or ballast did it is an easy swap.
Hope that all makes sense. Lol.6c4b5c20ce02d1604fe09938c26ad577.jpg58eaaab481492d8fc10c1f061b76fd9d.jpg

Lots of info on different types of HID's but the overall consensus points to Morimoto. Is there a set and a place to purchase them from that is as close as plug-in-play as possible? I am going to do a rigid D2 fog and I am hoping for 5500k bulbs for low beam. Just want to make sure I can get a clean install along with water proofed items (dust caps). Any recommendations? 

13 hours ago, FastWS6TA said:

Morimoto MLED Brackets for Silverado are all done. They fit great. No dust cap modification or anything needed. I'll get our website updated this week with them on it.84906ec0bd2a1df7515f648e3757ce37.jpgdaf1610e48991e693e99df0542e10290.jpg

Look's good - Keep us updated 

Does anyone know how to connect the orange and black wires in the picture attached to the oem input? I have a 2015 silverado and this is the morimoto kit bulb wires. I believe they need to plug into the wires that originally went to the halogen bulb. Am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

0330c8a7c0e5cbcd936ecbd8409b76db.jpg

Another bulb out issue with my
Morimoto HID kit for my Sierra. Same issue I had last year, took it apart and it magically worked again. Just noticed this tonight ... on the passenger side so hopefully I don’t have to remove the damn air box. Ugh.

This is why I hate worrying about aftermarket stuff for reliability reasons.

• Like 1

Another bulb out issue with my
Morimoto HID kit for my Sierra. Same issue I had last year, took it apart and it magically worked again. Just noticed this tonight ... on the passenger side so hopefully I don’t have to remove the damn air box. Ugh.

This is why I hate worrying about aftermarket stuff for reliability reasons.

Did you check the connection on the ballast? Lose or corroded connections can cause bulb out issues. Or the ballast could just be bad. I would be surprised if it was the bulb. Start with ballast and igniter before ripping your hair out trying to get to the bulb.