2014+ Leveling Kits

Just now, DenaliLegend said:

What wheels and tires did you get and do you have something to sell now? I am looking for the black inserts on the 22s if you got em..lol

Depending on how the above works, I am going to sell the stock wheels, the stock tires, as well as the terra grapplers. Not sure if those together with the wheels or not yet. 

May put the stock tires on the stock wheels and sell the nitto's by themselves. haven't decided yet. 

3 minutes ago, Jaime Wawatusi said:

That could be it. maybe, it rubs the sidewall. 

I ended up ordering this setup. 

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel-offset-gallery/167429/2017-chevrolet-silverado-1500-fuel-maverick-readylift-leveling-kit

I love the 22's but with too small a tire it doesn't look right imo. (like stock size).

I agree on the size tires that come stock. That setup is goin to look awesome post pics when you get it complete.

When I had them put on they played with all that trying to see. 

When I bought my wheels and tires I ordered the same set and size another member had. I have 3” of lift, he had bilsteins set at 1.85”. My truck rubbed so bad it was basically useless in anything but a straight line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Bushleaguechew said:

When I bought my wheels and tires I ordered the same set and size another member had. I have 3” of lift, he had bilsteins set at 1.85”. My truck rubbed so bad it was basically useless in anything but a straight line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder why? 

Been reading so many threads on leveling my head is spinning.

I want to run a 20x10 -19 offset with 33’s or equivilent, I have read this can be done with just a leveling kit on the front, but there is a lot of conflicting info on how much. 2.5” some say it rubs some dont. Also read someone was able go do it with just 5100’s at the highest setting.

Seems like alot of people run 2.5 RC with stock Rancos with no problems but many say it wears on the suspension because of the angles and Ranchos suck, so best bet is 5100’s but not sure if I cant get that wheel and tire combo on with 1.8” of lift. So what is the best option for less than 1k? 5100’s at stock height with RC? Coilovers? Do I need to change the offset to -12 instead of -19? My truck is brand new with 1500 miles on it. Thanks for any help

Edited by Arkangel

2 hours ago, Jaime Wawatusi said:

I would be afraid to go any serious off road with this set up. I have exactly what you do, 285/55r22's and there is rubbing on the control arms. I can feel it hit as I turn. especially in reverse. 

Same truck, same wheels, same exact tires.  suspensionmaxx leveling with all the spacers in, etc.  It's not the width, it's the height on stock wheels that cause the rubbing. 

I disagree its height causing the issue.

I've ran 255/80/17 on stock wheels (17x8 +24) with no level and had no rubbing aside from a little on the carpet at full lock. 33.0 x 10.0 x 17 tire

I've ran 285/70/17 on 17x9 +6 wheels with no level and had major rubbing on the mud flap and carpet, no where else. 32.7 x 11.2 x 17 tire

Both of these setups clear no problem with bilsteins @ the highest setting.

20 hours ago, tanner709 said:

I disagree its height causing the issue.

I've ran 255/80/17 on stock wheels (17x8 +24) with no level and had no rubbing aside from a little on the carpet at full lock. 33.0 x 10.0 x 17 tire

I've ran 285/70/17 on 17x9 +6 wheels with no level and had major rubbing on the mud flap and carpet, no where else. 32.7 x 11.2 x 17 tire

Both of these setups clear no problem with bilsteins @ the highest setting.

Those are both 33. I think thats the max before you have to start playing with offsets. Which your examples do

3 hours ago, Jaime Wawatusi said:

Those are both 33. I think thats the max before you have to start playing with offsets. Which your examples do

Yeah, I should of stated there's 0.5" difference in actual size when inflated. the 255 being taller. but the amount the 285 did rub was very drastic - something youd have to experience to cringe like I did lol.

Yeah it's not the height of the tire, it's the width that cause a rub on the sway bar, control arm or fender. The height will usually only cause rub on the fender. 

Edited by Daly