2014+ Leveling Kits

1 hour ago, Daly said:

Yeah it's not the height of the tire, it's the width that cause a rub on the sway bar, control arm or fender. The height will usually only cause rub on the fender. 

yep, I agree. There's a large variance in what tires can fit each of these trucks, and every case seems to be different. I understand offset is critical here but one persons fitment is another persons nightmare it seems.

Installed a MotoFab 2" level on my 2018 Sierra today. Took a little over 2 hours. Only ride difference is I can feel small bumps like a gravel road a little more. No difference on pavement. Love losing most of that factory rake. Will be looking into 33's at some point down the road.

Before level:

5a921d9d61a4a_levelbefore.thumb.jpg.c3ac2dfd81a05dcfb647c77d3132fde8.jpg

After level:

5a921daa33cc8_levelafter.thumb.jpg.ebce10d248bb914939460470ef04cbcb.jpg

• Like 1

Wonder why? 

Not sure. He had rub on the carpet liner. I had rub on the cab body mount. Strange because the wheel offset was identical. He was running 295/70/17 and I had to size down to 285/70/17. I still ended up with zip tied and trimmed ponders and mud flaps.

I also subject my truck to a workout off-road. Most of the individuals here who claim no rubbing are in a parking lot or doing a 3 point turn on flat ground. Different animal when your suspension is flexed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

I have 295/60/20 with a 2" level.   I have not gone rock crawling or anything like that, but I am in the dirt on jobsites at least a few times a week.  Sometimes on nicer dirt roads, and other times over piles of dirt, slopes, etc.  The only rubbing I can find is just on the sway bar at full lock.  Pretty much every GM that I have had with larger tires has rubbed there and it has never been an issue.  The tires come really close to the liners but there is no evidence of rubbing there yet.

Edited by 24v

2 hours ago, jgraves13 said:

Has anyone fit 285/75/r17s on a 2" level? I'm going to be doing bilsteins at the top setting and debating between 285/75 and 285/70

It all depends on offset and wheel width. What are you planning for wheels?

285/70/17 on 17x9 +6 on my truck with bilsteins @ 2" clears with no rubbing, it is close to the fender liner/flap  though.

Edited by tanner709

It all depends on offset and wheel width. What are you planning for wheels?

285/70/17 on 17x9 +6 on my truck with bilsteins @ 2" clears with no rubbing, it is close to the fender liner/flap  though.

Will be going with method nvs, specs:

17x8.5

0 offset

4.75" backspacing

Got any pics of your truck?