How would I add a couple inches to my 2005 silverado Z71 with a 6 inch

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if I misplaced the topic I am new to the site and wasn't sure where to put this question. I have a 6 inch rough country lift kit for silverado Z71 2005 5.3L 1500. I wanna add a couple more inches for just a bit more height and a little better clearence so my 35s dontrub when im out bouncing around mudding. Id like to do it cheep but I need to do it right. I love my truck and need it for years to come. Would cranking the torsion bars up a bit and adding a leaf in the back do the job for me? I dont wanna start having stuff wear and need replaced up front so im really unsure of what to do. Any help is appreciated

No more than 2". I'm pretty sure the RC kit is a 4" kit that requires you to crank to achieve 6". So it depends in what your angles look like now. If they're flat then add a couple of inches. If not you'll have to make a judgement call.

ya dont mess with the torsion keys ,,,,,ya have to align it anyways even if ya do ,so just take it somewhere and spend more money ,,,,,,

"Z" height is the first thing to adjust ,,,then an alignment is done ,,,,,or do what ya want ,,,just be carefull ,,,hang the front tires before any "cranking

I drive my truck atleast 30 miles a day usually more but most of those are highway or driving around town on the weekend. Would that really cause much wear? I never take gravel roads and rarely am to rough. Could I crank and get atleast 5 years out of it

I drive my truck atleast 30 miles a day usually more but most of those are highway or driving around town on the weekend. Would that really cause much wear? I never take gravel roads and rarely am to rough. Could I crank and get atleast 5 years out of it

your not reading very good ,,,,,ALIGN IT AFTER MESSING WITH 'Z' HEIGHT !!!!! lord tunderin jebus !!!!

lol of course !!!!

Well I don't like the nose up look and if you decide to tow or use the bed then it will look stupid as hell. a leaf or larger block will be needed for the rear

Archived