Playing Videos on MyLink / Intellilnk

• 4 weeks later...

There is an android app TubeMate from the internet (not the google play app store) that is super easy, jut go to a youtube video you want and when you push the play triangle on the video, it asks what format to download including either video in high or low quality MP4 or 3GP as well as just audio in MP3. Mylink tends to play most music videos but not video episodes and shows.

FYI Mylink does not seem to recognize any MP4 over 25,000kb and the Video download loaction is default stored to a file called "Video" but storage location can be changed to your "Downloaded" folder or any other.

Here is the link:

http://tubemate.net/

This can be your first download (Old but Still Funny):

Edited by EXSlider400
  • Like 3

Try Keepvid.com , I open two pages ,one for youtube and one for keepvid.com . Copy the link for the video on youtube and paste it in the box on keepvid.com and click download button. you should see a drop down menu. Choose the Max 480 mp3 option. Some times you may have to click the download button a few times if the site is busy. I just save it to a sd card , works great.

But i suggest you try https://www.youtube....h?v=x8mtkEfX1lw for your first sample. :rollin:

Edited by scott19677
  • Like 1

"IN CONCRETE THEORY": How to introduce "watch video in motion" capabilities to your MyLink for off-road or approved testing purposes (as well as for RV's, special advertising, within non-prohibited states, countries, etc...just play it safe!!!) THIS IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION:

Tools: towel & flat-head (or a special flat-head [shim] that is not made of any hard metals to prevent abrasions on interior) & socket or 4-in-1 screw driver

Very simple disassemble (too easy if you ask me, may invest in security screws that only can be reversed by owner/user)

1) Remove plastic gray covering that surrounds touch screen by covering flat-head with towel or plastic shim, wedge between inlet or small space around covering and pop out (comes out pretty easy yet remain careful).

You can remove the 2 bottom connectors if you want or just let the cover prop on the seat (it is long enough to rest somewhat on the center console)

2) Remove the 4 screws that is holding screen in place with socket or 4-in-1

3) The screen is now ready to be popped out which you may carefully go ahead and pull screen out which is slightly secured on the left and right side, just gently pull on onside and it comes right out.

4) You now should see around 4-6 rectangle like connectors (not including a couple that looks similar to coax and a few small connectors here and there). You are only concerned about the top left section and the white connector that is to the RIGHT of the green connector (this connector, in this case, has 9 wires terminating into it : 2 green wires on the left, a couple on the right, and 5 up top).

5) Ok. Here is why I state "IN CONCRETE THEORY" 'concrete' as in, knowing for high certainty that it works and 'theory' as in, use your own theory and electronic experience to take it from here.... after the following:

***IMPORTANT NOTE***: Find a clear and open space before doing this step because it requires putting your vehicle in forward motion (should be the same in reverse as well)

a. Start your vehicle & play the video of choice while in "P" park mode (videos are in the menu options that contain podcast)

b. While video is playing, remove the connector (top left section) that is to the right of the green connector (you have a 6 second window before the relay kicks in so...will explain later)

c. While video is still playing and connector is still disconnected, put your vehicle in "D" drive (or "R" if backing up; this should work in reverse mode as well, but takes longer since you have to place unit back in drive for this to work), then immediately (before your 6 seconds is up the relay kicks in) plug connector back in (I know that is a small hassle but once video is streaming after you moved a couple of feet, you can always get on your brake and stay idle while reconnecting connector, just as long as you do it in 6 seconds which is plenty of time... and why I iterate on finding a clear area with no vehicles or other obstruction near by).

You should now be streaming in motion which you can now take it from here on whether you want to install a switch in line with that circuit/s or whatever your re-engineering mind will lead you. If relay kicks in before re-connection, you will TEMPORARILY lose stabili trak, cruise control, P/R/N/D/M icons, majority of the small dash display, and some other functions....yet this can easily be restored once you re-connect, put in park, shut the engine off and back on, then ALL of your functions will come back (that is, if your vehicle has no factory mishaps or you spilling coffee on the dash while doing this).

Again, if you beat the clock (roughly 5-6 seconds), you lose nothing... This is at your own discretion and some Mylink hardware/software might have glitches already like stated before (a brother of mine had to reset his Mylink by re-seating a fuse when he first bought his truck and this was without any installations, not even broken in yet w/ a mileage of 50 on the dash - brand spanking new).

p.s. Not sure if this will cause a strain on the ECM/OEM but, it's your vehicle and research is your best friend. Be safe!

I have a friend who helped me do this to my truck, well, who figured it out for free for me so the least I can do is represent his name and website below (not dry snitching, we were just seeing if it was possible on the newer units, so please calm down road patrol)

770544.jpg?874

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Good Morning all:

New member here. Been following this discussion as well as a bunch of other discussions on mylink systems. I have a new 2014 Silverado LTZ and wanted to be able to play my music video collection while driving. I could not come up with a good solution using only Mylink. So I improvised a little.

I honestly don't watch music videos while operating a moving vehicle, but my passengers always enjoy my extensive collection of music videos. Not saying my solution works for everyone but I thought I might mention it in case it might help other members.

This is what I came up with: A used 64GB gen 3 iPad with a 99 cent app called MusicVideoPlayer. This app allows continuous FULLSCREEN playback of iTunes music video playlists. I simply used a headphone jack audio cord and plug into the AUX jack of the Mylink system. Key to this setup was using a cigarette type charger since the USB cord does not allow you to use 2nd party apps and cuts off the headphone jack.

Obviously this setup can do a bunch more since you can use any iPad app loaded in this manner.

Hope this helps.

Mpost-136222-0-52596800-1415796278_thumb.jpg

post-136222-0-52596800-1415796278_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I think its illegal to have any video playing on the display while in drive since it can distract the driver, but on my 08 I installed a Pac Tr7 toggle switch with my Alpine headunit to trick it into playing videos while the truck is in drive. Not sure if that switch only works with Alpine headunits though.

Here is a link to the switch on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/PAC-TR-7-Universal-Trigger-Output/dp/B0002J22BO

Hi RMFT, can you explain what the switch does and which inputs/outputs you connected it to?

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Hi RMFT, can you explain what the switch does and which inputs/outputs you connected it to?

Cheers

Only works on Alpine head units, not OEM.

Is there's any way to play a music video on a chevy cruze My link 2015

Really?

No.

• 8 months later...

Was using all kinds of video converting programs, read every online suggestion, come across this website, http://keepvid.com, just copy video from youtube, paste into search bar of this website, choose the highest recommended setting, and it works, crystal clear, EVERY !! time, copy to a flash drive formatted to FAT32 (PC) or MS-DOS [FAT] (Mac).

I'm using a 128gb SanDisk, 3 Folders inside, Music, Photos, Video, drag and drop respective files into the correct folder and your good to go.