Playing Videos on MyLink / Intellilnk

That sounds like a ridiculous amount of work to get video on the screen. There has to be an easier way. For example, on my G8 GT, which comes in only white/red display, has no navigation, was bulit in OZ, BUT has an LCD screen and a rear aux input can display video, there's a VIM (vehicle in motion cord/adapter) that you buy to bypass the video playing other than in park, and you just get a cable and connect to the aux input and VOILA - video.

With a truck that already is much more advanced in that dept. it has to be easier.

Just put a video file on a USB stick or SD card and plug it into the truck, why are you doing this on your phone?

I had video play from day 1, although only certain file types work. I believe I had .mpg and .wmv work so far, and they play choppy at best. And yes only in park.

Would be nice to find a solution to have them play smooth though!

I had video play from day 1, although only certain file types work. I believe I had .mpg and .wmv work so far, and they play choppy at best. And yes only in park.

• 1 month later...

If my truck ever gets here I'll gladly build you all a step by step for getting movies from dvd (or any other source) and onto your trucks screen. In the mean time I can explain my opinion why you are having quality issues. The SD reader they opted for in the GMC is slow (unlike the standards for the last 4 years). It only supports throughput of Class 4 cards and this is where the choppy is coming in. 3GP is a standard that is based on the Mpeg-4 format but designed for small screen and mobile utilization. Because this is designed for small screen (cell honest mainly) it'll play but you have some serious resolution reduction (which may be good enough). The first thing I will test is a mp4 formatted movie. This will likely play smooth compared to a mpg and most definitely compared to wmv.

Going on week 6 since I ordered my truck. I have a garage full of accessories just waiting to be installed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just put a video file on a USB stick or SD card and plug it into the truck, why are you doing this on your phone?

Haha, I was going to say - the first week I had my truck I did the same thing. Just plopped my usb into the truck and watched some videos.

You will have to by-pass the video part with an adapter from an aftermarket place. I'm sure one is out if not they will release one soon..I haven't research it but I'm sure someone will stumble on it. If someone do please post up!

Also, the only way to play a video is through USB or SD cards? Can't do it through a DVD? I have a silverado btw...

Would be nice to have Air-Play but I guess it would be asking too much - Apple like to take it s l o w with releasing new features into their products or allowing other manufacturers to include support for Apple's products.

Sorry for going a little off topic here but it was a great surprise to find that my Denon receiver have Air-Play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Shahar

• 2 months later...