Heated seats not working

I love how GM keeps giving us "the cooled seats won't work as well for reasons A B and C".... Well, maybe then they need a redesign. Plenty of other brands of cars out there with heated & cooled seats that aren't this anemic.

Edited by jj46

Got my driver seat heat fixed, but now they messed up my lane departure vibration, again at the dealer to explain it and have an appointment to go back again. :(

Edited by mrp2004

• 3 weeks later...

I have had this issue since day one. 2014 Denali with cooled and heated seats. I have read through all these posts and I am not convinced there is a fix! I haven't tried the dealer. The dealer I bought from sold out to the Chevy dealer. Not much locality there. May go in and speak to them tomorrow. I know the parts manager. He will tell me if they have been finding issues. Frustrating!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine haven't worked either from the day I picked it up and now the steering wheel heater is intermittent.

Well, on the positive side, quite a few trucks come with vibrating seats that give you a good massage. And the best part is - it is a free option from GM!

I think what baffles me is the fact that GM lets these trucks go to market knowing that there are issues. I can't imagine these things not showing up in quality control testing. It's bad enough if they're not testing as needed, but it's even worse if they let the trucks hit the roads knowing the failure rates will be high.

It would be of interest to see what that "quality control testing" consists of and what are the results.

I have a 2014 Silverado LTZ with the heated/cooled seats. Neither front seat works very well at all. I can turn them on max heat and maybe after half an hour you will feel alittle something. I took it to a dealer who said the seats work as designed! I have called General Motors and told them. All they did was say yes that have heard of the problem however your dealr said they work as designed!! I got a case number. Doubt they will do anything. I called the service manager of the dealership I purchased the truck and once I mentioned the dealer closer to my house said they are working as designed he seemed to change his tune saying he does not know what needs to be done. I am having my wife call GM again and see what she can come up with. She has a Toyota Venza and the heated seats work great

• Like 1

Having the same problem as everyone else. 2014 LTZ with heated and cooled and it takes 30 minutes or so to feel any warmth and it never gets anywhere close to hot. Coming out of a 2004 LT3 and the heated seats worked GREAT! I got the same "working as design" line from my dealer when I brought it up.

• Like 1

By about 15 minutes (if I'm in the seat, not when on remote start) I need to turn down the seat heat. (They are the heated and cooled)

The steering wheel fast - only a few minutes and the heat is obvious.

Edited by redwngr

I'm in the same boat. 2014 LTZ 1500. You can leave the heated seats on high all day and they never get hot or even very warm... It takes a while to notice they're even on. It makes me wonder why they even have a low-med-high setting??? My truck only has 700 (yes hundred) miles on it. I brought it back for the sticker and to have a tech look at the seats and he agreed they weren't getting warm enough. They had me make another appointment for further diagnosis. Brought it back, it spent a day there, got the "they're working fine" line. I had to press but got them to investigate internally with GM further. Waiting for a reply but I'm guessing I'll get the "we've gotten a lot of complaints, but as of now that's how the new heated/cooled seats work" because they use climate controlled air rather than direct electrical elements. Pretty bummed about the performance of the seats, on my brand new $50k truck.

On a side note the fuel mileage hasn't been near what I expected either. I'm hoping it's just the New England winter blend gas. The truck feels like it's constantly dragging as you drive, almost like you have something in tow.

Otherwise i love the truck! Hopefully I get these issues resolved.

Only the cooled seats use air from the HVAC system, I am pretty sure that on the heated/cooled seats and the heated only seats the heating is done from elements in the seat.

Edited by TJay74

Well, took my truck in for the seat heater. I had extremely low expectations. That is what I got, lip service. Same as everyone else on here. The main reason for going in was to have the complaint on file.

I guess if enough of us complain something may happen. Maybe the 2017 will be good? I have tested a 2015 and they are the same as the 2014.

My servicing GMC dealer fixed my heated seat problem.

As indicated in the service ticket below; pass. seat was working normal pulling 6 ohms while driver's seat (the one that was not working) was found inoperable (INOP) pulling more than 16.4 ohms. They replaced both lower and seat back elements in the driver's seat.

Read the details at the bottom of the service ticket below. (you may need to save the photo and increase the viewing size to read it);

post-128133-0-83497700-1424946213.jpg

Edited by rewillia

I am traveling for business this weekend and I have a rental car. It is a Chrysler 200, not an especially extravagant car but the heated seats get so hot after 7 to 8 minutes that I have to turn them to low or off. I sure wish my $50K Silverado seats would heat like that.