Heated seats not working

Hey guys, I am new to the forum. I just bought a 2014 in sept have about 5000 miles on the truck and my heated seats are not working. One time I turn it on the bottom warms and the back doesn't then later that same day the back is warm and the bottom is not. Sometimes it works perfectly others it fails completely. Anyone else have any issues? The dealer has tried 3 times to get this working but not having any luck at all. I am starting to think I bought a 50K Lemon

Jamie

• Like 1

I just picked my truck up today for the same reason. It took them 23 days to fix it. They had to install a new blower. The heated seats work by air being pushed past a heated element. This did not work and they ended up replacing the entire front seats. I have 7k on my truck mostly from driving from Florida to Washington. It was in the shop for for 6 days, after two weeks of owning it to replace the intelink. If that wasn't enough whoever washed the truck before I picked it up today damaged the driver side window tint. But since that is a dealer option not GMC I get to pay out of pocket to replace. Ps don't leave nice sunglasses hanging from mirror when you take it in, they will end up under the seat and scratched. I have had this truck for 96 days, 29 of which has been at GMC service garage. I wish I never sold my 2002 2500hd. 10 years and only had to replace the front passenger side power window motor. Never owned a Ford never wanted to, but think its time to trade this in for a F150.

• Like 1

OK. Really not trying to be rude because I thought I had the same problem. I didn't know there were two buttons. One is for seat and back together . The other is just for one or the other.

I just picked my truck up today for the same reason. It took them 23 days to fix it. They had to install a new blower. The heated seats work by air being pushed past a heated element. This did not work and they ended up replacing the entire front seats. I have 7k on my truck mostly from driving from Florida to Washington. It was in the shop for for 6 days, after two weeks of owning it to replace the intelink. If that wasn't enough whoever washed the truck before I picked it up today damaged the driver side window tint. But since that is a dealer option not GMC I get to pay out of pocket to replace. Ps don't leave nice sunglasses hanging from mirror when you take it in, they will end up under the seat and scratched. I have had this truck for 96 days, 29 of which has been at GMC service garage. I wish I never sold my 2002 2500hd. 10 years and only had to replace the front passenger side power window motor. Never owned a Ford never wanted to, but think its time to trade this in for a F150.

Is this blower you are talking about from the heated and cooled seats? Because if you just have heated seats there is no fan involved. The elements are just under the fabric/leather on the non cooled seats.

Hey guys, I am new to the forum. I just bought a 2014 in sept have about 5000 miles on the truck and my heated seats are not working. One time I turn it on the bottom warms and the back doesn't then later that same day the back is warm and the bottom is not. Sometimes it works perfectly others it fails completely. Anyone else have any issues? The dealer has tried 3 times to get this working but not having any luck at all. I am starting to think I bought a 50K Lemon

Jamie

jnaugle775,

I understand why you would be concerned that your heated seats aren't working. I would be happy to look into this further for you. If this is something you would like my assistance with pm me your full name and contact information, VIN, current mileage, and preferred dealership.

Sincerely,

Jonathan A. (Assisting Jennifer)

GM Customer Care

Edited by GM Customer Service

No not the button I tried everything. The last update from the shop today was they are putting a new battery in the truck and talking with gm engineers. I have been a ford truck guy up until this new Chevy but I hope I did not make the wrong choice. I have a 2012 corvette and I has been perfect in every way. I guess I should not have bought the first year of production but thought the days of flawed first year run were over. Lesson learned. I hope they get it fixed soon. Other than the seat it has been an awesome truck it's quieter than my wife's BMW

jnaugle775,

I understand why you would be concerned that your heated seats aren't working. I would be happy to look into this further for you. If this is something you would like my assistance with pm me your full name and contact information, VIN, current mileage, and preferred dealership.

Sincerely,

Jonathan A. (Assisting Jennifer)

GM Customer Care

I would be happy to I have a gm customer care case number

If that will help

So an update, I got my truck back from my dealer today. They stated that they spoke with gm engineers. The engineers told them that they had received calls right and left on the issue and are working on a solution but for now they are "working as designed" I really hope they get this fixed as it's really chilly on a winters day and leather seats. At this point the service manger said he would contact me when he had new info but it likely would not be for months rather than days or even weeks. I love the truck but this has me questioning my purchase and the future purchase of a c7 corvette. I think i am going to keep my c6 for quite awhile! One would think that heated seats have been around for a long time this issue just really shouldn't happen on a new truck.

No not the button I tried everything. The last update from the shop today was they are putting a new battery in the truck and talking with gm engineers. I have been a ford truck guy up until this new Chevy but I hope I did not make the wrong choice. I have a 2012 corvette and I has been perfect in every way. I guess I should not have bought the first year of production but thought the days of flawed first year run were over. Lesson learned. I hope they get it fixed soon. Other than the seat it has been an awesome truck it's quieter than my wife's BMW

Not trying to be a wise guy, but did they check the simple stuff, like a loose connector? Sometimes connected, sometimes not, sometimes partial?

• Like 1

Yep they checked all harness and every ground on the truck, replaced the battery and reprogrammed the bcm. They told me at this point there nothing they can do. Although the seat worked fine tonight. Tomorrow is another day maybe it will work maybe not

I'm having the same issue with my seats. Wish that I would not have gotten the heated and cooled but rather the old standard heated only option. These seats are a lot firmer/harder than those without the dual option. These do no good for someone with a past broken tail bone! Almost ready to trade into a different truck due to these hard seats. It's not just these trucks either, different brands that use these type seats all feel hard to me. The truck had every other option that I wanted so I figured that I could get used to it, but with the heat not working either, I may just lose the 4 grand they told me that I would lose and trade for another one. Just a trait of this option I'm told. It's just money! LOL

I was told by the dealer the heated/ac seat is the one causing the issue as the heater element is mounted farther from the surface and does not heat I pas quickly. I really like the ac option though nice on those hot days. I checked my seats again later this evening and the are working just as they did the day I bought it. The new battery may have cured it. Finger crossed. I must say I actually like the firm seat on a long drive it offers a lot more support. I never have issues in my BMW as it has a firm seat as well, but my corvette soft seat kills me after an hour.

• 1 month later...

Same problem here, as well as 2 failed Trailer Brake modules. Mine has heated and ventilated seats. My truck is in for the 3rd time with either very weak seat heater performance, or no seat heater. Sometimes they work and others not at all, but they are never very warm. The dealer replaced the bottom element on the drivers side, but nothing else. I tried to explain that that would do nothing for the back but they replaced it anyway. The temp is -4 right now, so the seat heater would be nice to have. $50K truck is in their garage while I drive a Rent a Wreck. I've owned several GM trucks with no issues. After 5 months and 8,000 miles I'm getting a little concerned. Rides great but electrical gremlins might kill my love...

• Like 1

Is this blower you are talking about from the heated and cooled seats? Because if you just have heated seats there is no fan involved. The elements are just under the fabric/leather on the non cooled seats.

Yes, that is correct. I have heated seats in my Impala LTZ and I have had inconsistent heating problems also. Sometime it takes a long time for the seat to get warm in the high heat mode and it is not always the same temperature. Turning the heater off and back on typically fixes the problem. GM uses some kind of programmable module for their heated seats and I bet it is the same one for all GM car/trucks (with heated only seats). One time the driver's seat heater got stuck on and I could not turn it off with the switch. I had to shut off the engine and ignition for it to go off. This only happened once. Nevertheless, this tells me that GM uses cheap Chinese made components in the system with very questionable reliability and durability. If only the sticker prices properly reflected the low quality parts installed in these vehicles. As it is, you would think that everything is made in Switzerland by a team of scientists in white lab coats.

Edited by pm26