Heated seats not working

Yes I believe there is a setting in the infotainment system that needs to be on. Mine work around 35-45 degrees or less I have not really paid attention to exact temp. No you don't have to have auto engaged and no they do not need to be on before you shut the truck off. They default to off when the key is turned off anyway unless they are set to turn on in the infotainment system under vehicle settings. Even when you do turn them on in the settings they WILL NOT be anywhere near warm when you get in the truck. That's the way they work now unfortunately. Once you do get in and turn the key on you will have to hit the seat warmer button to turn them on and keep them on.

I just had my 14 slt in for this, dealer changed both sides upper and lower seat heater pads, everything worked when I got it back but today the system is back to not functioning. Im 600km from being over warrenty, this should be fun.

I just bought a 14 with 20K and I am having the same issue with the seats. The bottom on the drivers side is not working. Sounds like I am going to have a lot of fun at the dealership. Does GM have a recall on the heated seats?

I just bought a 14 with 20K and I am having the same issue with the seats. The bottom on the drivers side is not working. Sounds like I am going to have a lot of fun at the dealership. Does GM have a recall on the heated seats?

Hello onut231,

I'm sorry to hear that your heated seat is not working. If you'd like any assistance reaching out to your dealership, we're glad to help. Feel free to send us a PM with your contact info and VIN.

Andraya

GM Customer Care

Well, as of today, I too have joined the "CLUB OF NO SEAT HEAT" with my '14 GMC Sierra Denali. Its 11 months old, with 7,100 miles and just spent the past 2 days at the GMC dealer who has now returned my truck to me without having been able to find a solution to fix these seats to the extent they perform (heat) to the same level they did when I purchased the truck .

I have also been in contact with GM's Customer Care (see Thread # 85 above) who provided me with the following response today:

Thank you for reaching out to us. I realize you are upset with the outcome and I can certainly understand how you feel. We have gotten feedback from customers that the seats are not as warm as they'd like them to be. Unfortunately, at this time this has been determined to be working as designed. Customer feedback is greatly appreciated and I'd be glad to collect your information to properly document your feedback for internal review. Could you please provide your full contact information, VIN, mileage and dealership name?

SO, as it stands now, the above quote is the solution I got. Not what I considered might be "GMC's Next Generation of Professional Grade Luxury" as the manufacturer eludes to in its advertising! :nonod:

Edited by Rewillia

My driver side heat went out. Coincidentally it went bad after i had the TSB done for the seat movement. Dealer replaced the heater element and blower. Its working now, but still takes some time to heat up. On the seat back it appears on the lower back portion heats up.

I guess I have become a member of the broken heated seats club. They quit working a few days ago. I tried to make an appointment today and the dealer is booked up for the next week. After reading the problems that many seem to with the heated seats on the 2014's it's amazing that Chevy hasn't issued a recall or service bulletin on this problem.

Henry

I guess I have become a member of the broken heated seats club. They quit working a few days ago. I tried to make an appointment today and the dealer is booked up for the next week. After reading the problems that many seem to with the heated seats on the 2014's it's amazing that Chevy hasn't issued a recall or service bulletin on this problem.

Henry

They won't issue a recall because it's not a safety issue. As far as a service bulletin, first they have to figure out how to fix the problem. You can't tell me the GM engineers can't figure this problem out... so that means it probably comes down to cost. Everyone with this problem needs to keep on GM for a solution.

I still don't have my truck back after a week at the dealer.