What have you done to your K2 today?

Shot these yesterday. They are also posted in my build thread. Posted my lighting mods a couple days ago at night and these are the followup daytime videos. I think I covered everything. Comment if you have questions.

Mod Video 1

Nice dual battery setup, very clean. This is something I've been meaning to do. Have any documentation of your install or a source for cables? BSS pieces can easily be had off Amazon.

• Like 1

I picked up the rest of the pieces to finish de-chroming the sides of my truck. Mirrors and window trim are done. Paintable door handles are going to my painter tomorrow. I want to paint the tailgate handle too.

9D5BBA1C-85CF-459E-B838-B30809A499F2_zps

2D55215F-3022-4B55-B383-2CF442E4AB44_zps

You should take the mirror caps and have them painted also.

• Like 1

Installed a wireless charger in my front center seat console. Works great too! f426e035768a7b0fcdc07af361502155.jpg7970c5154bc58c33e146251b2edd96bc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Could you elaborate more on this setup, does it plug into the USB port in the compartment below for power?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you elaborate more on this setup, does it plug into the USB port in the compartment below for power?

Yes it does, I used one of the ports in the console

• Like 1

I actually prefer the all-black mirrors over half painted mirrors. The caps are textured just like the lower half.

Maybe consider gloss black for the caps?? Like wrapping or painting them

Nice dual battery setup, very clean. This is something I've been meaning to do. Have any documentation of your install or a source for cables? BSS pieces can easily be had off Amazon.

I just documented most of it in my build thread for you. If you have any other questions let me know. It's not cheap. I probably have 600-700 in the basic setup not counting the fuse box, circuit breaker, and relay. The battery, ACR, and cables are the most expensive items. I'll probably kick myself for asking this but "BSS pieces"?

I just documented most of it in my build thread for you. If you have any other questions let me know. It's not cheap. I probably have 600-700 in the basic setup not counting the fuse box, circuit breaker, and relay. The battery, ACR, and cables are the most expensive items. I'll probably kick myself for asking this but "BSS pieces"?

"Good stuff is not cheap, cheap stuff is not good" I asked for further info because I know a quality install when I see one.

"BSS" = Blue Sea Systems. I'm also a boater and very familiar with their product line. Rea. quality stuff. Thanks again.

Edited by TheTunaHunter

"Good stuff is not cheap, cheap stuff is not good" I asked for further info because I know a quality install when I see one.

"BSS" = Blue Sea Systems. I'm also a boater and very familiar with their product line. Rea. quality stuff. Thanks again.

All my Blue Sea stuff came from Amazon. As a matter of fact besides the battery and the cables it all came from Amazon.

• Like 1

Highly recommend knukonceptz.com for your cable needs. Their kolossus-fleks-kable in particular, super flexible and oxygen free copper w/ good load rating.

Changed the gear oil in both front and rear diffs. The front was a little white and murky but the rear was just a little dark and no shavings on the rear magnet. The front had some paste but no shavings. I ended up using Amsoil, bought it locally from a NAPA Auto parts. Will do the transfer case in the next week or so. I've got 27,500 miles but pull a little 5k travel trailer so I was curious as to what the diffs looked like.

Bob

What did that run you? Are they just plug in play?

I found a gently set used on eBay. Prices run from around 300-600ish a side from what I've seen in the last couple weeks of searching used; with the lower end ones being scratched/missing tabs/etc. There's a guy on here selling a new set in the marketplace.

I bought a wiring harness pre made from gen5diy, You can also make your own if you wanted for cheaper. But you will have to do one of the two for them to work.

Search for This thread, it has info on the swap and making your own harness: 2016 SLT lights in 14/15 SLT/All Terrain almost done

It's plug n play with the harness I bought. You add a fuse, run the harness from fuse box to driver side light and plug it in, run the harness under the upper plastic cover and plug into passenger side. Biggest pain is removing the upper valance and the air box.

Sent from my kayak

Edited by SkeeterMcSkeet