Bilstein shocks thread

19 hours ago, JCKustoms said:

FYI - Autopartswarehouse has the front Bilstein for $75 each (today only), and Amazon has the rears for $62 each. Pretty darn good deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dangit should've checked the site yesterday....

$90 Front and $97 Rear now........

On 12/8/2018 at 9:01 AM, catpartsman said:

This is the same lift I had before my 5100’s. I took the top spacer out, put 5100’s at max higher and kept the bottom spacer in. The shop told me the angles are MUCH better and I shouldn’t see any problems from excessive wear. This combo plus the 2” block out back gave my truck the stance of a 2500 with some added altitude that will still fit in most parking garages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pics?

• 2 weeks later...
So  6112 or just go 5100? Really tired of the ranchos ride and I’m sure my spacer doesn’t help.
Definitely 6112's. Post a link when you find them :)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, acc412 said:

So  6112 or just go 5100? Really tired of the ranchos ride and I’m sure my spacer doesn’t help.

He's messing with you. 6112s aren't available. 

I put 5100s on and still have the RC spacer and a small top spacer. Left the 5100s on the lowest setting. I bought my truck with the spacers already on it and decided to leave them. It rides much better though. 

Edited by truckmann

On 12/31/2018 at 11:34 PM, truckmann said:

From what I've seen I'm not sure the 6112s will ever actually be available. 

I'm glad I decided to just pull the trigger on 5100s.  2 years and 60K later haha!!  If they release them and I still have the truck, I will replace my 5100s with them.  

Coming up on 50k miles on my 16 z71 double cab. Looking to add the 5100s and add beefier tires while I’m at it. What’s the average cost to install the shocks? Should I be concerned about any extra wear with such a small lift? Also what will be the biggest tires I could put on? Hoping not to kill my mpg as I drive alot

Edited by Jja6782

1 hour ago, Jja6782 said:

Coming up on 50k miles on my 16 z71 double cab. Looking to add the 5100s and add beefier tires while I’m at it. What’s the average cost to install the shocks? Should I be concerned about any extra wear with such a small lift? Also what will be the biggest tires I could put on? Hoping not to kill my mpg as I drive alot

tire size depends on the shock setting and your wheel size. the 5100's really won't add any wear as they only go to 1.85" of lift. install varies, i paid $250 i think plus alignment

3 minutes ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

tire size depends on the shock setting and your wheel size. the 5100's really won't add any wear as they only go to 1.85" of lift. install varies, i paid $250 i think plus alignment

Thanks I’ll probably put the shocks at the highest or 1 down from that. I’m going to keep the stock 18 in z71 rims

4 minutes ago, Jja6782 said:

Thanks I’ll probably put the shocks at the highest or 1 down from that. I’m going to keep the stock 18 in z71 rims

1.85 is the highest, next down is 1.25 , at those heights on stockers i'd say 33's comfortably. 34s if you go with a skinnier tire. 

Noob question:  I need about 2.5" lift in the front  of my 18 LT.  I am planning on purchasing a set of Bilstein 5100's and I'm wondering who makes a leveling kit that will raise the vehicle about 1.25  to get the height  2.5"  I need?  Thought it would be easier on the shock not running it at the absolute top, but I don't know much about this stuff so bare with me.  My end goal is to install some 20" wheels with 33-34" tires..  Thanks