amitch70,

Welcome to the Forum. It appears you joined this forum at 9:49 am today just before you posted your first topic at 10:13 AM with the comments about the experience your having with your vehicle.

One of the great features of this forum is that the members here strive to help one another, provide advice based upon their own experiences and to share it willingly. That said, we're quick to challenge each other when reasonable explanations or more information is needed in order to try to assist one another. As well, some times the members here will counter a post as a "friendly" poke just to keep it fun while no harm is meant. Most of us here have "been there - done that" and when it happens we take it in stride.

I think what your experiencing is a reaction to your post title more so than to the content of your post. I think its fair to say that the majority of members here including myself would agree to disagree with you when you state "GM Not Concerned About Our Safety" and when you did not appear to be asking for any specific help or advice its unclear to many of us what the point of your post was.

If you truly feel your personal safety is in threat by the problems your experiencing with your vehicle and have not been able to get a response from your servicing GM dealer, then you may want to consider filing a claim with the BBB-Autoline which will result in a formal case being opened with GM wherein you will get some further assistance. Placing a post here just voicing your complaint is not going to get you anywhere unless you specifically ask for help.

http://www.bbb.org/council/programs-services/dispute-handling-and-resolution/bbb-auto-line/

Again, welcome to the forum and we all hope you find the help you need to address the problems your having with your GM product.

BTW, I am just a member, not a GM rep but one who has received help from some of the members here and am appreciative of it. We see far too many "rants and raves" here and all too often appear to be unfounded.

Good Luck.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If what OP is saying really happened, the motor would have grenaded if the trans shifted from 6th to 1st. The RPMS would have been off the charts! Motor wouldn't have been able to handle it.

I lost faith in FORD when they didn't feel it was a TSB/Recall to replace factory spark plugs that break off in your heads.

You forgot to mention 80% of the time the engine had to be pulled to get the plugs out and re-cut the threads.

As mentioned it sounds more like the speed limiter kicked in and usually stays engauged until you let up off of the gas.

Raced a bit through my years and looking at the guages when at high speed is not something you do to much of. That's why most of the newer ones in race cars today change to red and have alarms...

If you hit the speed limiter it would have kicked you down 10mph that fast for sure. So when you looked 85mph would be about right.

Of course removing it causes issues with tires I've even seen aluminum rims come apart at high speeds.

You forgot to mention 80% of the time the engine had to be pulled to get the plugs out and re-cut the threads.

I had to buy the special Lisle tool to remove the broken off plug for about 5 out of 8 plugs .. luckily didn't lose any threads.

Case closed. He's gone

I think you're right. I hate to see a guy get fed up and leave without getting answers, but the wording of his title, using all caps (sometimes perceived as yelling), and the tone of the post invoked some responses that he didn't like.

I think we may have been onto something with either the rev limiter or the accidental engaging of trailering mode.

Maybe he'll come back and read this. If so, we're here to help..... :thumbs:

Sorry, I've been very busy. I was not going 95, I am positive I was doing 85, the tailor button was not engaged or any other questioned action. I did not get upset about some of the replies although some people should focus on the issue rather than my personal actions without knowing the facts. I have been arguing with GM because the problem happened again today. The truck is scheduled to go back to the shop tomorrow and I will see what happens from there.

I wish you luck, I had the same issue with my '12 f150 kicking out of 4wd when on ice, actually went out and took video of it inside and outside of the truck and ford still said that if their mechanics couldn't duplicate it at the dealership then there was no problem. So after 3 dealerships and having the mechanics actually tell me it was the $50 actuators on the front axle, but they wouldn't fix it without it duplicating it on flat dry pavement in front of the dealership, and me having spent way over $50 in gas driving to the dealerships to get it looked at I just said the heck with it and traded it off. I could have well afforded to fix it myself but by that point I was so mad at paying all the money for the truck and then them not honoring the warranty I shouldn't have had to fix it myself. But I wish you better luck then I had.

The truck skid and fishtailed very briefly but it was enough to make me pucker up. After explaining that to GM, I got the can't be duplicated crap. I replied, so you want me to wait for it to happen again and possibly get me and/or my passenger and another driver slamming into the rear end hurt or killed? The rep replied, as I have stated if it can't be duplicated we can't do anything about it and that is not a reason to replace your vehicle. Now I don't know about anyone else but that statement sounded to me like GM does not care about our safety.

...but he is here, so we have to listen to it.

It's sad, all the people chiming in here to tell the OP how wrong he is. No one's trying to help the guy - just pulling his tail for the speed he was driving. I don't have the expertise to help him with this shifting issues and if I did I would not do it on an internet truck forum. All I can say is if he was rolling with the police and EMTs then he obviously has the training and ability to drive those speeds and would certainly know if his speed was 85 or 95. I bet he knew exactly what speed he was doing. If he's involved with the feds or local LEOs, then I assure you he's recognized as a "Reasonable and Prudent person" by the courts. This recognition extends to all actions in his personal and private life. IOWs, he's not one who is given to exaggeration, hysteria, dishonesty, or a myriad of other.

frowned upon behaviors. Please stop answering people's questions with your own questions. It's rude and starts shit like this. /end rant

Amitch70 - Welcome to the forum, brother.

Archived