2014 Silverado 1500 Double Cab LTZ 5.3 4x4 - Brownstone

TGawley

Haha no problem at all!

CAI = Cold air intake. Your truck already has one stock, but an after market one like AFE will help it breathe better! Which will give you slightly better mileage, and extra HP. Theres several brands out there, and Im very happy with my AFE! If I didn't go with them, I would got the S&M

Are there any cons to adding an after market CAI? I just remember reading a thread somewhere about the disadvantages....just curious. Also, do you like your "Flo Pro" did you ever consider the "magnaflow" or "flowmaster".?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well heres a few pics of my interior installed. Not the best pictures, but very happpy with how it all came out. Im falling in love with the Brownstone even more now!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.

That looks awesome, very good paint job. What was the color of those pieces pre-paint job?

Hey TGawley

When you debadged your tailgate. What method of removing the left behind residue did you find most helpful? I have a Sierra Denali and was considering removing the GMC logo, just to give it a little cleaner look. Thanks.

I know your asking Gawley, but I used a 3M eraser wheel. Same thing most shops use. I've rebadged everything on my truck. Tailgate emblem included but have also reinstalled it after painting

I know your asking Gawley, but I used a 3M eraser wheel. Same thing most shops use. I've rebadged everything on my truck. Tailgate emblem included but have also reinstalled it after painting

Hey Mike

Now worries man, I appreciate all the feedback from this awesome forum. Yeah, I've seen a youtube vid about the 3M eraser, but then I also read a thread where the guy was saying that the 3M wheel burned the paint... Im assuming it was operator inflicted...lol. You know how we are with our trucks, I mean Im new, but Im very anal about the work that gets done to it. Im a little savy, but I am prone to mistakes.... lol. After you used the 3M eraser, what did you use to remove the 3M residue that was left behind...

Hey Mike

Now worries man, I appreciate all the feedback from this awesome forum. Yeah, I've seen a youtube vid about the 3M eraser, but then I also read a thread where the guy was saying that the 3M wheel burned the paint... Im assuming it was operator inflicted...lol. You know how we are with our trucks, I mean Im new, but Im very anal about the work that gets done to it. Im a little savy, but I am prone to mistakes.... lol. After you used the 3M eraser, what did you use to remove the 3M residue that was left behind...

I didn't notice any residue left behind. But I did use googone/goofoff to make sure there was absolutely nothing left behind

I was removing the tailgate emblem on the new Silverado pick up at work (our new work truck, those little V6 engines actually have some kick to them!) and I did manage to get caught up in a conversation while working and held it too still at too high of RPM for too long, which honestly isn't easy to do, and managed to burn a small mark on the paint. But it wasn't noticeable unless you get right up on it so the boss (my dad) said not to worry about it.

The 3M wheels are incredible. I've used it for adhesion removal and a few other odd Jobs that are similar. But it's hard to mess up with it in my opinion.

I didn't notice any residue left behind. But I did use googone/goofoff to make sure there was absolutely nothing left behind

I was removing the tailgate emblem on the new Silverado pick up at work (our new work truck, those little V6 engines actually have some kick to them!) and I did manage to get caught up in a conversation while working and held it too still at too high of RPM for too long, which honestly isn't easy to do, and managed to burn a small mark on the paint. But it wasn't noticeable unless you get right up on it so the boss (my dad) said not to worry about it.

The 3M wheels are incredible. I've used it for adhesion removal and a few other odd Jobs that are similar. But it's hard to mess up with it in my opinion.

Thanks Mike, I will look for one tomorrow at Autozone or O'Rilleys. By the way, would you happen to know if the read GMC logo on a Sierra or Deanli has pins holding it in?

Hey TGawley

When you debadged your tailgate. What method of removing the left behind residue did you find most helpful? I have a Sierra Denali and was considering removing the GMC logo, just to give it a little cleaner look. Thanks.

I think it will give a cleaner look too! Im undecided If I wanna paint mine or remove it. I literallly debadged my entire truck the next day of having it. I just used a fishing line and my finger to remove the excess glue. Nothing better then elbow greese! But then again mine was obviously pretty fresh. Mike1220's idea is also a pretty popular one from what Ive heard. And might also save your thumb .

Are there any cons to adding an after market CAI? I just remember reading a thread somewhere about the disadvantages....just curious. Also, do you like your "Flo Pro" did you ever consider the "magnaflow" or "flowmaster".?

I see no disadvantages at all with mine. Breathes better (get the non oiled one btw), looks better, and sounds better. Our 3 favourite things as truck owners! Like my Flo-Pro? Nah, I love it! Im Canadian proud, and there a Canadian company. I feel like everyone and there child has a Flowmaster exhaust on there truck. And personally don't think the quality is there as much. I spoil my truck, If I didn't do Flo-Pro I was going with Borla. I just didn't like there exhaust exits. Also had a Magnaflow on my 99 Silverado, rusted out pretty quick. So I won't ever go with them again. Once again this is all personal preference. Mine was also custom done. Its Flo-Pro piping, there Twister mufflers, and Tips. But a shop bent all the tube!

That looks awesome, very good paint job. What was the color of those pieces pre-paint job?

Thank you! The door trims were GM's famous wood grain . And all the other pieces were grey or black.

Thank you Mike! Thats why I also love this forum. Everyones always willing to help. Trucks looking awesome brother!

Btw the Canadian dollar is ridiculously low thanka to Low Oil prices. You guys should be ordering your stuff from Canada. You guys will save so much, its not even funny! Were at 0.76 to the US dollar. My buddy who did my headlights has been pricing out ppl's headlights from there states and there saving like $300

I think it will give a cleaner look too! Im undecided If I wanna paint mine or remove it. I literallly debadged my entire truck the next day of having it. I just used a fishing line and my finger to remove the excess glue. Nothing better then elbow greese! But then again mine was obviously pretty fresh. Mike1220's idea is also a pretty popular one from what Ive heard. And might also save your thumb .

I see no disadvantages at all with mine. Breathes better (get the non oiled one btw), looks better, and sounds better. Our 3 favourite things as truck owners! Like my Flo-Pro? Nah, I love it! Im Canadian proud, and there a Canadian company. I feel like everyone and there child has a Flowmaster exhaust on there truck. And personally don't think the quality is there as much. I spoil my truck, If I didn't do Flo-Pro I was going with Borla. I just didn't like there exhaust exits. Also had a Magnaflow on my 99 Silverado, rusted out pretty quick. So I won't ever go with them again. Once again this is all personal preference. Mine was also custom done. Its Flo-Pro piping, there Twister mufflers, and Tips. But a shop bent all the tube!

Thank you! The door trims were GM's famous wood grain . And all the other pieces were grey or black.

Thank you Mike! Thats why I also love this forum. Everyones always willing to help. Trucks looking awesome brother!

TGawley

Thanks a lot Sir... and you're right. I love this forum, a lot of owners with a depth of knowledge and imagination. Im truly proud to be a truck owner now. I looked at another post thread, the guy talked about how he liked his Borla, is Flo-Pro sold here in the US? Also, not sure if you considered this: I came across a site that sells knob covers to accent the controls...seems like a pretty cool idea.

TGawley

Thanks a lot Sir... and you're right. I love this forum, a lot of owners with a depth of knowledge and imagination. Im truly proud to be a truck owner now. I looked at another post thread, the guy talked about how he liked his Borla, is Flo-Pro sold here in the US? Also, not sure if you considered this: I came across a site that sells knob covers to accent the controls...seems like a pretty cool idea.

Not a problem at all man! Haha us truck owners must stick together right? Even where I live, the truck "scene" Is pretty big. The truck group Im apart of just won an award at the car show last Sunday actually! The Borla exhaust is very nice! I loved it! I was 95% sold. But they offer it straight out the back. And 90 degree bend behind the rear tires. I hate both looks, so It was a no go for me. But yes! Id say Flo-Pro is one of the biggest diesel exhaust's going. Because all the new diesel's have there environmental crap on them, and In Canada our vehicle laws aren't as strict. So you guys in the States order the Flo-Pro exhaust systems because its less restrictive. I saw that too! I can only get it from the States though. And with our dollar being low, I cant justify paying $250 for knobs haha. But I will eventually get them!

Next on the list is Headers, a tune, wheels, tires, and a 4" lift

Btw the Canadian dollar is ridiculously low thanka to Low Oil prices. You guys should be ordering your stuff from Canada. You guys will save so much, its not even funny! Were at 0.76 to the US dollar. My buddy who did my headlights has been pricing out ppl's headlights from there states and there saving like $300

Hmmmm. Got me thinking.

This guy just made a down payment on some Kooks headers and catless Y-pipe. Now I just gotta wait for them to come in from the states, and My truck will be sounding real puuuurdy!

This guy just made a down payment on some Kooks headers and catless Y-pipe. Now I just gotta wait for them to come in from the states, and My truck will be sounding real puuuurdy!

hope your getting a tune to clear the CEL from the O2 sensors

hope your getting a tune to clear the CEL from the O2 sensors

Jeeze... I feel a little bit hurt. Lol of course I am! Ill being seeing buddy who works with HP Tuning afterwards.

Jeeze... I feel a little bit hurt. Lol of course I am! Ill being seeing buddy who works with HP Tuning afterwards.

very nice! Cant wait to see how they sound! :thumbs: Wish I could afford Kooks :(

Archived