Goodbye Chevy

So had a newborn a week ago and needed more room as I only had the double cab. Went to Chevy to try and get a CC but they just wouldn't make a good deal. So went over the Ram dealer and they made me a deal that I couldn't turn away. So had to say goodbye to Chevy and picked up a 15 Ram 2500 6.4L. Gotta say the biggest improvement I have seen is just having a throttle that actually responds to my input. So nice compared to my old Chevy.

This is what I got ride of. Was a 14 LT 4x4 4.3L leveled with RC 2.5" and 33" Toyo ATII's on stock wheels.

IMG_0591.jpg

And here is the new one. Already debadged it and trying to figure out the wheels/tires I want to get.

20150723_131222.jpg

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen this a lot. The GM dealers aren't dealing, and people are buying RAMS. One of my friends just traded his '14 Sierra on a '15 RAM 1500 because of the poor headlamps on the Sierra, and that the GM dealer wouldn't give him squat on the trade for a Silverado. He was a lifetime GM truck owner, but couldn't do it anymore.

Gotta say the biggest improvement I have seen is just having a throttle that actually responds to my input. So nice compared to my old Chevy.

...you went from a 4.3 V6 with 33" tires to a 6.4 Hemi 2500...kind of a no brainer there in terms of throttle responding to input...bigger engine, more cylinders...

anyway...

Looks like a pretty sweet truck! Enjoy!

...you went from a 4.3 V6 with 33" tires to a 6.4 Hemi 2500...kind of a no brainer there in terms of throttle responding to input...bigger engine, more cylinders...

anyway...

Looks like a pretty sweet truck! Enjoy!

Well since I didn't say power I said throttle response it has nothing to do with the 4.3L vs 6.4L. 900 threads complaining of the throttle response issue with the new GM's. My Chevy I would give it gas and it wouldn't do anything, this Ram I give it a tiny bit of gas and it actual responds to my throttle input. Which is how the Chevy should be.

I thought about a 2500 6.4 before I got my HC, but 11mpg wouldn't cut it for me. Nice truck though!

its on its first tank of gas since I picked it up yesterday and the EVIC readout is 13.6 right now with 80% city driving. Not bad for not being close to broken in and mostly city driving. Will hand calculate when I fill it up to get a better idea.

Buys bigger less fuel efficient truck for newborn....seems backwards. I would want to be saving more money if I just had a baby. But hey, its your money, do as you please.

My dad has a Ram 1500 crew cab. Nice truck, tons of space in the rear seats. His 5.7 Hemi gets awesome mileage and blows the doors off my 5.3.

Buys bigger less fuel efficient truck for newborn....seems backwards. I would want to be saving more money if I just had a baby. But hey, its your money, do as you please.

My dad has a Ram 1500 crew cab. Nice truck, tons of space in the rear seats. His 5.7 Hemi gets awesome mileage and blows the doors off my 5.3.

I never said I had to save money I said I needed more space so not backwards at all.

I honestly seriously considered a Ram 1500 when I was looking for trucks. The new F150's weren't out yet or just starting to show up on lots.

That being said, In my city, I have 1 of each dealership and another dealer is 2 hours away. The GM dealership is the one that treated me best and was the only one willing to work out a deal. I never went to Ford but haven't heard good things about them. Even the service department at the GM dealer is great to deal with so far.

In my experience, I will be buying from the dealership that treats me the best and has the best service, especially if they are willing to offer a good price. Had that been the Dodge dealer, I would've bought from them. The dealer definitely makes all the difference.

I thought about a 2500 6.4 before I got my HC, but 11mpg wouldn't cut it for me. Nice truck though!

Interesting. I also thought the same as you. I like the look of the Ram HDs. I had my eye set on the 6.4L Megacab configuration. After some time though I had to be realistic about it being a daily driver and fuel costs for city diving to work and back. So i did the next best thing and bought my current truck lol.

Op, nice truck. I'm sure you'll enjoy it

I have seen this a lot. The GM dealers aren't dealing, and people are buying RAMS. One of my friends just traded his '14 Sierra on a '15 RAM 1500 because of the poor headlamps on the Sierra, and that the GM dealer wouldn't give him squat on the trade for a Silverado. He was a lifetime GM truck owner, but couldn't do it anymore.

I got $10,000 off my 2014 Silverado.

My son got $11,000 off his 2015 Sierra.

By rebates, GM Card bonus, and negotiation.

They'll deal, but they're not going to just lay down and say, "OK we'll give you anything you want!"

You have to be pro-active.

In my experience, I will be buying from the dealership that treats me the best and has the best service, especially if they are willing to offer a good price. Had that been the Dodge dealer, I would've bought from them. The dealer definitely makes all the difference.

x2

I was looking at a 2014 3.5eb F150 and the Ford dealer I was working with was low balling my trade and kept moving numbers on me. I got tired of it, went to a GM dealer, loved the looks and features of the truck and the dealer was hassle free.

Good luck with the new ride. I have always given some thought about a Ram. Even went so far as to check out the inventory on the lots off hours. I could never pull the trigger. The payload and towing on many, not all, 1500's were to low.

In general a V6 vs a V8 won't compare in throttle response. I had my mind made up to buy the 3.5LEB F150 until I drove it. It had horrible throttle response. I ordered up my current choice and have never looked back!! 6.2L is a completely different animal. I'm happy! Those Rams are sweet though!

Archived