Purchasing 2016 Yukon Denali

Hello,

I was thinking of purchasing a 2016 Yukon Denali, but after reading a few forums on here it seems like there have been a few issues with the 2015 model ( buffering noise and vibration). Have these problems been sorted out by GM in the 2016 model? If not is the problem big enough to avoid purchasing a Yukon Denali?

Thanks

Not true on just a test drive will identify whether or not you will have buffeting or vibrations. There are some on the SUV forum that did not experience some of the issues until a couple of thousand miles later and there are some on the forum that never had any issues. So do your homework and find out which SUVs are more prone to have issues than others and even with that it can result in you being lucky or not. Make sure your input is from owners and not just someone taking a test drive or using the SUV as a loaner.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a 2016 Denali and after 500 miles have none of the issues reported on the forum. Before buying my 2015 GMC SLT with the 6.2 Max Tow Pkg I read a host of issues that people were having on the forum with them as well. However, my truck now has 7,000 miles on it with zero issues. It should be noted that many people on this forum found it by googling for a problem they were experiencing on their vehicle. As a result, the forum is heavily represented by troubled owners and in no way reflect the greater number of owners with no problems. With that being said, I read all the forum comments on both my truck and Denali before buying them so I would know what to look for when testing them out at the dealership. Your odds of getting a non problematic vehicle is strongly in your favor. Do your research, follow the advice of those on this forum on your test drive and enjoy your vehicle.

• Like 1

I'm a little concerned...Just ordered my 2016 Yukon Denali XL and then discovered this forum and the issues. My Denali won't be delivered till mid-January. But I do agree with you Dr.Ice that there are probably many more without the problem, but still, I will be keeping my fingers crossed!

Edited by Damfino

I own a 2015 Yukon xl slt was first one off the truck at my dealer purchased March/April 2015 I have had none of those issues I'm around 9000 miles ( my wife doesn't go very far) but it has taken several interstate trips and no issues.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a 2016 Denali and after 500 miles have none of the issues reported on the forum. Before buying my 2015 GMC SLT with the 6.2 Max Tow Pkg I read a host of issues that people were having on the forum with them as well. However, my truck now has 7,000 miles on it with zero issues. It should be noted that many people on this forum found it by googling for a problem they were experiencing on their vehicle. As a result, the forum is heavily represented by troubled owners and in no way reflect the greater number of owners with no problems. With that being said, I read all the forum comments on both my truck and Denali before buying them so I would know what to look for when testing them out at the dealership. Your odds of getting a non problematic vehicle is strongly in your favor. Do your research, follow the advice of those on this forum on your test drive and enjoy your vehicle.

The numbers, at least in my area, are stacked against me. Every single Yukon, Yukon XL (SLT or Denali) and Tahoe has had BOTH problems. Approaching 12 different ones I have driven. I hope you are right as they are replacing my current truck with a brand new one and I won't be getting it from local inventory.

The numbers, at least in my area, are stacked against me. Every single Yukon, Yukon XL (SLT or Denali) and Tahoe has had BOTH problems. Approaching 12 different ones I have driven. I hope you are right as they are replacing my current truck with a brand new one and I won't be getting it from local inventory.

Will they let you pick the one you want if its local? If so, I'd keep driving one until I found one I liked and have the dealer do a swap for it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've driven about 5 or 6 now and they've all had the issue, however, some worse than others. 2 Suburban, 3 yukon XLs and one Escalade ESV. My 15 XL SLT is probably the worse but I'm in the middle of trying to eliminate a lot of it with multiple tire/wheel setups, roof bow TSB as well as other custom sound fixes. I've seen some complaints withe tahoe/yukon, but majority of the complaints are from the LWB models.

Edited by ajs800

• 5 weeks later...

Dr. Ice, I sent you a private message. Please check your Inbox. Thanks!

I have a '16 XL SLT and have none of the aforementioned issues. Absolutely love the truck. Had prepared myself for it to be very similar to my '14 Silverado LTZ and was shocked in the improvements. I still love driving my truck but steal the XL from my wife every chance I get.

Hello,

I thought I would give an update on my experience thus far. I am currently at 1300 KM on my 2016 Yukon Denali and everything has been great. I love the car thus far and I will make sure to send out an update if the buffeting issues arise.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I was thinking of purchasing a 2016 Yukon Denali, but after reading a few forums on here it seems like there have been a few issues with the 2015 model ( buffering noise and vibration). Have these problems been sorted out by GM in the 2016 model? If not is the problem big enough to avoid purchasing a Yukon Denali?

Thanks

Hi YD,

I just sent you a personal message. Please check your Inbox.

Thanks!

Steve