RHStansbury's 2017 LTZ Z71 Silverado Build Thread

RHStansbury

Took delivery of my 2017 CCSB LTZ Z71 on 1/6/17 after a couple of days of calls/emails with the internet sales manager at a local dealer. 7 miles on the clock when I arrived for my test drive, 15 when I returned it, and 18 when I took delivery 4 hours later.

Plans are relatively tame at this point. First up will be tint, followed shortly by a level (currently debating between 2 and 2.5, also between 275/60r20 or 275/65r20 BFG AT KO2s). From there I'll probably keep it pretty low key for a while. Down the road exhaust and a remote light bar behind the grill might come in to the equation.

Obligatory dealer shot

Figured I'd go ahead and knock out the tint while I figure out level and tire options. 20% front to match the rear.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

looks better with tint. So you be at the Tire shop next week ???? keep us posted

looks better with tint. So you be at the Tire shop next week ???? keep us posted

We'll see! I need to do some more research on kits, tires, etc. I thought I was sold on a rough country 2.5 and 275/65/r20's but now I'm trying to determine if that's a touch too big for day to day driving and if I should just roll with a 2 inch and 33s.

Also, the most well known shop in town quoted me $2300 out the door for the level, install, tires, and an alignment. I feel like that's way too high.

my truck is 2.5 " level ,still with stock tires 265/65/18 . when they wear out 275 or 285 . Check your local dealership / tire shop for new take off . also car show / swap meets will start poping up ( warm weather ) trade your tires / rims in on new ones ??

my truck is 2.5 " level ,still with stock tires 265/65/18 . when they wear out 275 or 285 . Check your local dealership / tire shop for new take off . also car show / swap meets will start poping up ( warm weather ) trade your tires / rims in on new ones ??

I like the rims I have, just need to figure out sizing for the rest. As I've gotten older, I realize that I like to make my vehicles just slightly different than stock. Enough of a change that someone who knows what they're looking at appreciates the differences, but someone who is not a truck person is none the wiser. For this truck, that means stock rims, minimal lift, and very few small changes.

33" look great with a level in my opinion.

I like 34" too, but I think the truck needs a tad more than a level to pull it off.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Archived