Hello all! I have a midnight edition z71 (see sig)and I was thinking about blacking out the red 'Z' in Z71 on my doors and my front grill. what would be the safest and easiest way to do that? My three thoughts are taping off and using plasti dip OR getting some touch up paint and just getting little brush and painting that way OR even better, are their any after market stickers (that i haven't been able to find yet) that i can just put over the red? Although I like the de badge look, I saw one with a blacked out Z and thought it looked even better. Any help would be appreciated!

(Oh and side question... I never thought of an oil filter as a part that would increase performance, but I was curious if I have been thinking wrong? I always get a mobile 1 filter anyway)

Thanks in advance!

I used vinyl on my Colorado Midnight badges. I first pealed off the red decals that were there so I wouldn't have any red peeking out around the edges. A1C80380-DFAE-4E36-A224-FE9164C9B0CE_zpsA8ABE271-A9F0-4F46-8960-A9EC4B88C358_zps

That is exactly what I want to do!!! That looks great! I will google how to apply that in such small areas... but that looks awesome!

I used vinyl on my Colorado Midnight badges. I first pealed off the red decals that were there so I wouldn't have any red peeking out around the edges.

A1C80380-DFAE-4E36-A224-FE9164C9B0CE_zps

This is definitely your best option. I think the other two would not look as clean and "perfect." Looks great, HoosierZ

I used vinyl on my Colorado Midnight badges. I first pealed off the red decals that were there so I wouldn't have any red peeking out around the edges.

A1C80380-DFAE-4E36-A224-FE9164C9B0CE_zps

A8ABE271-A9F0-4F46-8960-A9EC4B88C358_zps

What kind of vinyl did you use? How long ago did you put it on and have you had any issues with it trying to peel up? I live in Houston and I'm afraid the heat may screw with just regular adhesive vinyl...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all! I have a midnight edition z71 (see sig)and I was thinking about blacking out the red 'Z' in Z71 on my doors and my front grill. what would be the safest and easiest way to do that? My three thoughts are taping off and using plasti dip OR getting some touch up paint and just getting little brush and painting that way OR even better, are their any after market stickers (that i haven't been able to find yet) that i can just put over the red? Although I like the de badge look, I saw one with a blacked out Z and thought it looked even better. Any help would be appreciated!

(Oh and side question... I never thought of an oil filter as a part that would increase performance, but I was curious if I have been thinking wrong? I always get a mobile 1 filter anyway)

Thanks in advance!

Good idea! :driving:

I actually taped mine off and painted mine. Came out really nice! I got a new black z71 for the grille on ebay though.

What kind of vinyl did you use? How long ago did you put it on and have you had any issues with it trying to peel up? I live in Houston and I'm afraid the heat may screw with just regular adhesive vinyl...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what vinyl it is. It was some scraps I had. The 3M 1080 wrap vinyl is nice stuff. I used 1080 to wrap the chrome fog light trim. The badges have only been done for a month or two so I can't say how they'll hold up.

• 4 weeks later...

Please excuse the filthy truck... but I think they turned out pretty good... I have plenty left, I might go back and redo them because if you look really close you can see a bit of red...but from 5 feet, looks Awesome!

post-162426-0-90811700-1497222885_thumb.png

20170611_220948_zpsif3xkthc.png

Do something custom like me..... sorry I don't have any pictures of it on my truck

did you plastic dip the numbers ??

Archived