Check out the video I posted on YouTube regarding the issue I am having... 2016 Silverado

The function buttons (Radio, Phone, Nav, Text) buttons at the top of the tech screen and the radio function buttons at the bottom of the screen disappear sometimes... Not all the time. And there is no specific duration they stay on or specific frequency they turn off. Sometimes they will be there for my entire commute, sometimes within seconds of turning on my truck they disappear, and sometimes it's within 5-10 mins. It's annoying as all hell. The buttons come back if I tap the screen but I figure they are supposed to be up there all the time and should be.

Brought my truck to the dealership for oil change, inspection etc... and had them look at. They said they reset the system and 10 mins down the road after leaving the buttons blinked out again.

Anyone else have this issue, know how to fix it, etc...?

• 4 months later...

Our My Link goes back to the home screen every time you start the vehicle up. Also the steering wheel controls don't always work. You can scan up or down and then it goes back to the original station before you started scanning on the steering wheel.

Seems GM really needs to put some R&D time back into this thing. To many bugs it seems.

Going into the dealer to have the radio replaced. They said that is all that they can do. No updates are available. I keep checking ever few weeks. Going to get this taken care of if I can while still under warranty.

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 5:40 PM, Black02Silverado said:

Our My Link goes back to the home screen every time you start the vehicle up. Also the steering wheel controls don't always work. You can scan up or down and then it goes back to the original station before you started scanning on the steering wheel.

Seems GM really needs to put some R&D time back into this thing. To many bugs it seems.

Going into the dealer to have the radio replaced. They said that is all that they can do. No updates are available. I keep checking ever few weeks. Going to get this taken care of if I can while still under warranty.

Mine does the exact same thing, was told engineering was working on a problem but have no solution.  Latest problem I discovered is when using an IPOD half the artists and no playlists show up.  Worked just fine on the '14 I traded in.  This new one is complete junk.  Called the infotainment help line and filed a formal complaint.  If I hear nothing back I will be demanding a new head unit.  I bought a new truck not a used one.

I didnt realize you could file a formal complaint.  I called them to and they said go to the dealer but I dont really want to go there just for a "reset"  It also could be the HMI module.  My truck just hit 6000 miles.  Makes no sense.

The only thing im afraid of is that it will make it worse,  everything is working but this is an extreme annoyance that shouldn't happen.  It just starting happening out of no where.

@aczr2k  where did you hear it was a problem they were working on?  from the dealer or the hot line?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, aczr2k said:

Mine does the exact same thing, was told engineering was working on a problem but have no solution.  Latest problem I discovered is when using an IPOD half the artists and no playlists show up.  Worked just fine on the '14 I traded in.  This new one is complete junk.  Called the infotainment help line and filed a formal complaint.  If I hear nothing back I will be demanding a new head unit.  I bought a new truck not a used one.

As soon as work allows me to get away for a day, I'm taking it in for them to order a new head unit.  They told me over the phone that is the next step if and when I bring it in there isn't a software update.

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing new here, I was just at the dealer for my first oil change, I brought up the new head unit and they will not replace it since it is a known issue and they are working to resolve it.. At least that is what I was told.  I will be pushing harder if nothing is resolved in the next month.

• 1 year later...

I am having the problem too but i have it using Pandora either through blue tooth or usb android auto,  the radio will show the menu for the tone settings, then go back to Pandora or it will jump to a radio station also on the information monitor on the dash that will also jump to Pandora menu, driving me insane.  I have a 2016 Colorado with 52000 miles on it. This started about 3 weeks ago, tool it to my dealer they charged me $120.00 said they downloaded new software but that didn't work. They also told me GM has nothing under issues with the My Link system which i thought was strange seeing hundreds of them on the web. I am thinking of just getting an aftermarket put in.  I know that i am done with GM, spent too much money on my truck to have it have these issues.