Welcome to the Texas Owner's Group

Josh

Hello Everyone,

I am excited to welcome you all the the new Texas Owner's Group!!  We may be only a few members right now but this group will sureley grow quickly as Texas visits GM-Trucks.com more than any other state!

Couple of quick notes before we get started. I have opened up a few new features for our group, such as this topics category for people to post in. Please note that this forum should be for regional/group/meetup related posts only, and that normal tech questions should still be posted in their applicable forum category.

I have also added an event calendar for members to post group events and meetups.  As this group grows the intent is that meetups will be held.  I am looking for a Texas Owner's Group LEADER that will spearhead this group and hold at least one meetup a year(hopefully more as the group grows .) You will effectively be a moderator in charge of this group and the direction it goes.    If you think this may be you, please post here or send me a PM. 

Now, let's start the introductions.  Please post where you are located, what you drive, and any interesting details about you and your truck, how long you've been in texas, etc.

I'll get us started.  I am Josh and while I may not be a full time resident of Texas, my girlfriend recently moved to Austin for a work assignment.  I have been here a few days and am having a great time exploring.  I will be coming and going from my home in New Hampshire and look forward to attending some of this group's get togethers and meeting you all.

Ok, who's next!?!  Anybody else in the Austin area? 

• Josh pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Just saw this post, I will go ahead and introduce next. Name is Chris, and I have lived in Texas since I was born. Besides a short stint at UNT for college, I have lived around the Rockwall area (about 30 minutes east of Dallas). I drive a 2015 Crew Cab 4x4 Texas Edition. As most Texans are I am proud of being from Texas, so I just ordered Matte Black Texas Edition logos so that I can keep it on my truck and remove the chrome. Was my first truck to buy new, and it is a slow build to where I hope to get it eventually. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

What's up everyone I'm Raymond and I've lived about 30 minutes south of Corpus Christi where hurricane Harvey hit, I drive a 2013 Silverado and my future plans are to drop my truck and race eventually 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just noticed this group, figured I'll do an intro.  I grew up in central texas and currently live north of austin.  I drive a summit white '14 CC standard bed, lowered 2-3, gibson exhaust, air raid intake, and a canned tune.  Nothing major planned for the truck since I have my real toy in the garage.  Possibly making some big changes soon that may require to me to trade in for a 3/4 or 1 ton diesel.  Most of my free time i spend fishing all over central texas and beyond on occasion.

• 1 month later...

What up fellow Texans? My name is Mike. I've lived in Texas my entire life, Houston area. I drive a 2017 Silverado LT Texas Edition. My first new truck I have ever purchased new. Slowly but surely making it mine.

Edited by MyNamesMikeD
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

New to the forum and this group. Just purchased a 2018 Silverado 3500 HD (Isn't HD redundant when listing a 3500?) to replace my 2002 Dodge 3500 DRW. Lots of new tech gizmos in this vehicle I've never had in a truck. Don't like the requirement to use a touchscreen to operate the radio. Too much time looking at the screen instead of keeping your eyes on the road where they should be. I am enjoying the Allison trans instead of shifting the  NV5600.
Been in and out of Texas for decades. My dad was also military, so we moved around a lot. First arrived in Texas in 1953. Attended NTSU in the 60's, and graduated with an invitation to join in the Southeast Asia war games. Stayed in the military for a full career, retiring in 1991 after the first Southwest asia war game.
I live N of Ft. Worth in cow country, so duallys are a very common sight.

Mike

6.jpg

Edited by oldretiredafguy
mispelled word

• 9 months later...

Seems like no one has posted on here for a while so I will go ahead and get this train movin!!! My name is Anthony and I was born and raised in the greatest country on this planet, Texas. After high school I left for a few years to be a bubblehead but once my obligation was done I got back as soon as I could. Went back to school got me a shiny ring and now I work for a bad ass outdoor company. I have been a Bow Tie fan all of my life my 1st car was a 2006 Impala that I still own and just a few months back I bought a Summit White 2016 Z71 Silverado CC with the looooong bed. I've done a few mods and also have a few waiting to be installed. I said for over 10 years once my Impala gave up I was going to buy that exact truck but that damn car just kept on going and still has no check engine lights lol!!!!! 

Wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could!  Moved to Abilene in 1993 and have had my whole life moved to the Republic.  Been military for almost 30 years now, and am currently assigned in a foreign state. (Illinois)  I've owned nothing but GM products, but I am now down to a 1984 K10 SWB and a 2017 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4 SWB.  When I finally retire, I will be going back to my beloved Texas!!!

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My name is Frankie I live in Dallas TX born and raised, I drive a 2014 Silverado crew cab LT TEXAS EDITION, been doings little things to my truck really enjoy messing with it when I have time and money. Bought it with the lift and wheels 20s with 33s, I’ve done a dash swap on it to a black leather with stitching swapped it my self. Did a dod/afm delete with a non afm cam and tune, 

16379AFD-4532-4077-B97E-4F82CE14F687.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Born and raised in Texas (Denton County). My truck is a Cardinal Red 2016 Sierra CC SLT Z71 4x4. Bought 4 weeks ago 29000 miles. Think i'm about to replace the tires. Thinking about going with Falken Wildpeaks OEM size on my 20" wheels. Ya'll have any experiance with those?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.