'17 GMC Duramax 2500 Lift Options for 33's

Picked up a new GMC 2017 Duramax 2500HD that came leveled with 2.5-inch shock extensions, new torsion keys and 20x9 Fuel wheels w/ 305 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. With this setup do I need to be concerned with CV angles?

Would adding UCA’s and new shocks improve things? If so, what option would you suggest? Cognito, CST, Fabtech… Bilstein, Fox... This truck will spend most of it's time on the road with only short offlroad runs to and from the trail head. 

I’d consider a proper 4-6” lift cranked down with 35’s but I’m worried about fitting into my parking structure. Also, I already have the 305’s and don’t want the wheel well gap or to worry about selling the 305’s. Currently the truck sits at about 80 inches; the same height as my buddy’s raptor that fits the parking structure with not much room to spare.

How tall are you guys running a 4-6” lift on 35’s? Anybody running 4-6” on 33’s?

Anybody have any feedback on the 3-6" S.T.L. High Clearance lift kit from CST? Also, for the cost of the 3-6” lift w/ a decent shock option, why not go with the coilover conversion from BDS?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Are you not happy with your current setup?

If you are concerned with CV angles then I would suggest 5/8in. diff drop spacers to get your angles back closer to stock.

Are you finding the suspension to be bottoming out? If so then yes upper control arms would help. If not I wouldn't worry about it.

You could go with a Cognito 4in. lift cranked down to 3in. but you would have to cut your frame and would have a huge expense of doing it.

Fox 2.0 shocks will give a better ride if that is what you are after.

I would run the current setup you have and possibly add a few parts to dial it in to make you happy and save you money.

Archived