REVERSE CAMERA ON WHEN BREAK PEDAL PRESSED

This little issue is happening on my truck as well, have a 2019 Trail Boss.  The only thing I can attribute it to is I put in a set of Lumenex Reverse LED's from Dieselled's.  But I can't 100% attribute it to those bulbs as I put them in a month ago and this problem only started now.  Additionally it's very intermittent as it has only happened on two occasions and went away after I shut the truck off and went into a store and came back out.  Super weird.  I am going to check in with DieselLed's as well to see if they have heard of this.

• 1 month later...

I took mine apart and inspected the connectors that appeared to be slightly corroded for lack of a better word, the connectors had some residue on them.  Anyway I cleaned them off and put some dielectric grease on the connectors to seal it better and make sure the connections are true.  It made a VERY slight difference in that now my display only flashes the backup camera briefly and then immediately goes back to normal.  I don't think it's weather related as over the past few weeks we have had rain, severe cold, snow and now mid 60's and sunny and it has behaved the same through all this.  My conclusion is there is something wonky with the way the wiring is connected in the rear and adding LED backup lights definitely disrupts it.

On 1/22/2021 at 10:13 AM, dieselfan1 said:

It's a connection issue for sure.
Led light bulbs shouldn't matter

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Agree, have had LED back up bulbs for 2.5 years in mine, never any problems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guys , I’ve had my truck since brand new 2 km on it when I got it (2017 seirra) had leds and light strip on it since new , check the connections under the truck above the spare tire , they get water in it causing this to happen 

hope this helps 

• Thanks 1

On 3/9/2021 at 1:24 PM, Ken Regel said:

Which lights were/are you guys using without any issue, I was using the (921) LUMENEX LED REVERSE LIGHT KIT.  Which I will confirm was the problem as I pulled them back out today and the problem has gone away.

These:

1003847577_LED1.jpg.273857ed08c26a018ac2f631429df6b9.jpg

I pulled the Lumenex and installed both the JDM ASTAR Extremely Bright and/or Super Bright LED's and had the same problem with both sets.  JDM atleast responded to my Customer Service question, they mentioned how LED's have such low resistance that it somehow impacts the electrical system on my Truck and triggers the backup camera.  They suggested putting a 6ohm resistor inline with the LED bulbs to try and correct the problem.  I have not tried that yet.

• 2 weeks later...

SOLVED, Finally!!  3 pairs of different Reverse lights, same issue across the board.  For my 19 Silverado Trail Boss, it seemed to be primarily related to the Right Rear as through all the troubleshooting when I put the original stock bulb back in the problem went away.  Anyhooo this is the fix:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HF47RV9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

iBrightstar 50W 6ohm Load Resistors - Fix LED Bulb Fast Hyper Flash Turn Signal Blink Error Code $7 Bucks.

I clipped the green wire, put one of these inline and Voila.  That being said I went all the way back to my Lumenex bulbs since they were by far the brightest ones I have used.  What a dang headache I am so happy to be done screwing around with something so trivial!!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Still no issues? My truck developed this issue for the first time this morning. I believe it may be moisture related as we just had two days of rain that has changed over to ice. When it warms up and dries out some I’m going to check all my connections and add die electric grease to them. 

• 1 year later...
On 1/8/2021 at 7:32 PM, rastasquid said:

Bringing this old one back. Im having this problem now too. Anyone else ever have this and resolve it? 

I am Experiencing this issue now also, but 2020 Silverado WT. I believe, like the OP, it is water on a connection. It started after a springtime rinsing trying to remove lots of salt.  Going to check it out rn… 

edit: still an issue 

Edited by 16-K2XX-WT

19 hours ago, 16-K2XX-WT said:

I am Experiencing this issue now also, but 2020 Silverado WT. I believe, like the OP, it is water on a connection. It started after a springtime rinsing trying to remove lots of salt.  Going to check it out rn… 

edit: still an issue 

This is certainly not what we like to hear, 16-K2XX-WT.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2020 Chevrolet Silverado. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: 16-K2XX-WT/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

• Like 1

• 1 month later...