REVERSE CAMERA ON WHEN BREAK PEDAL PRESSED

HI,

I have purchased 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 in September of last year, everything seem to be fine until yesterday.  while standing at the light with the break pressed, the rear camera picture appeared on the display.  it does not have the the guide lines, just the picture, every time I press the break the camera comes on.  When i come to the stop and take my time to put in reverse, the picture stays without the guidelines even though it is in reverse.  If i Put in reverse quickly, the camera comes on as it should with the guide lines.  

I have switched bulbs to LED bulbs with resistors for breaks and reverse no resistors as they do not blink, but it was back in September without any issues so far until now. not sure if that can cause the malfunction or not, but i would think that LEDs have nothing to do with the camera.

I'm assuming that water got somewhere and its shorting out/powering up camera.  its cold here so I did not get the chance to look at it yet.

if anyone can point me to where the camera gets the signal from i can probably figure it out before i go back to the dealer to get that fixed.

Notice below  what gear the truck is in including "R" no guide lines..

thanks a lot..

IMG_2970.jpg

IMG_2972.jpg

IMG_2971.jpg

HI,
I have purchased 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 in September of last year, everything seem to be fine until yesterday.  while standing at the light with the break pressed, the rear camera picture appeared on the display.  it does not have the the guide lines, just the picture, every time I press the break the camera comes on.  When i come to the stop and take my time to put in reverse, the picture stays without the guidelines even though it is in reverse.  If i Put in reverse quickly, the camera comes on as it should with the guide lines.  
I have switched bulbs to LED bulbs with resistors for breaks and reverse no resistors as they do not blink, but it was back in September without any issues so far until now. not sure if that can cause the malfunction or not, but i would think that LEDs have nothing to do with the camera.
I'm assuming that water got somewhere and its shorting out/powering up camera.  its cold here so I did not get the chance to look at it yet.
if anyone can point me to where the camera gets the signal from i can probably figure it out before i go back to the dealer to get that fixed.
Notice below  what gear the truck is in including "R" no guide lines..
thanks a lot..
IMG_2970.thumb.jpg.3680646895bc9c36de2d9fcef191511d.jpg
IMG_2972.thumb.jpg.a5424526a013260b48b6b0eb48216214.jpg
IMG_2971.thumb.jpg.69ef7561e0ed4ff03e4924f872ba2b26.jpg
There is a setting for camera on. Is that the issue?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Man I never heard of that issue before. I guess the most practical thing to do is to simply change the bulbs back to factory bulbs that came on the truck?

If the problem is still there after that, then the dealer will fix it under warranty and you can reinstall the Led bulbs??  

UPDATE......

I made an appointment to the dealer for oil change and i was going to mention about the issue, but i figured that i better remove my LED bulbs from the rear lights.   I started with the reverse lights, i have pulled one of the LEDs out and replaced it  with the original bulb and..... against my believes the problem cleared.

obviously i had to replace the other side as well, but it seems like the passenger side bulb was causing the problem.  It was too cold for me to start switching bulbs (but i will get back to it).  My question is....  why would the bulb cause the issue after 4 months when it was not even energized unless the truck was in reverse, so it should not effect anything.  I'm assuming that one of the diodes burned and somehow there was reverse voltage feed to the camera..  don't know, but ill look into it when it gets warmer..

the LED in question is:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LX4FMD1/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2018 at 6:40 PM, a_salazar08 said:

I'd have to say, this is a bit of a strange thread. I can't think of a reason why replacing a bulb would mess with a curcuit that's connected to the rear camera... hmm.

I hope it was an easy fix

not sure why but all o have to do is put the original reverse bulbs and problem went away, i still have LEDS in break-lights and that is not causing problem for now..  not sure

• 11 months later...

Found out the problem with my camera coming on when I hit the brakes.  Turned out to have nothing to with the LED lights.  Found water in the plug behind the rear bumper for the left hand taillight.  Cleaned out the water, cleaned up the connections, applied dielectric connectors grease to connections.  Everything works great now!

• 1 year later...