Hey, so I am trying to replace the speaker wire in my rear door speakers and I cannot get the panel off that is on the column between the front door and rear door. This column panel has the speaker wires running up it into my rear door. How do I remove the panel without breaking the little red Clips inside? Thanks, Hunter :)

20180728_215016.jpg

20180728_215001.jpg

Edited by Huntere

They are supposed to pull (snap off) from the pillar when pulling the cover off. They are snapped in pretty good. Sometimes, they’ll stay put in the pillar but slip off the panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are supposed to pull (snap off) from the pillar when pulling the cover off. They are snapped in pretty good. Sometimes, they’ll stay put in the pillar but slip off the panel.

Is the technique steady pressure until the clip gives way, or a sharp tug/pop to get it to release?

I separate the edges from the weatherstrip on both sides.. enough the to get my hands under it. Then pop it straight backwards (top half first, then bottom half).

If I use slow even pressure, it seems to be worse and cause the clips to stay in the pillar and pull away (sometimes breaking) the holder on the panel.

Thank you! I was able to get it. there was one that I was afraid of damaging so I found a very short flat blade screwdriver and was able to pop it off. Unlike some of the clips on other panels of the truck that are metal, this one has plastic clips.

20180729_003504.jpg

20180729_003052.jpg

20180729_003809.jpg

• Like 2