Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

For anyone looking to upgrade, here is a GREAT deal for someone who doesn’t have NAV. $349 AND the HMI is included! Can’t beat this deal.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/220839-fs-fully-feature-unlocked-aacp-hmis-for-retrofitupgrade-blowout/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just purchased a CPO 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LT. I realize this is a Silverado thread -- does any of the work that's been done apply to the Tahoe? Fairly certain I have a 2.0 HMI module, very interested in being able to have AA/CarPlay functionality. Thanks in advance! And feel free to message if that's easier.

Just purchased a CPO 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LT. I realize this is a Silverado thread -- does any of the work that's been done apply to the Tahoe? Fairly certain I have a 2.0 HMI module, very interested in being able to have AA/CarPlay functionality. Thanks in advance! And feel free to message if that's easier.

Of course! Send me a pm and we can discuss the upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went from 4 to 8 Thanks to th3magpi3
JOIjGUPVQwWAF8CI9Vmfnw.thumb.jpg.d31704ede980c6e2583e30ee9e72e9e1.jpg
fullsizeoutput_408.thumb.jpeg.843a55b96aefab70e66d1b1fb7b4692d.jpeg

Glad everything went smoothly for you! For anyone interested we are also helping facilitate the screen upgrade if you have one of the smaller ones.

I’m so glad you all are enjoying your upgrades so far. Thank you for all of the positive feedback. I look forward to helping more of you guys get this awesome project done :)

3 hours ago, th3magpi3 said:

Glad everything went smoothly for you! For anyone interested we are also helping facilitate the screen upgrade if you have one of the smaller ones.

Mag, when you say screen upgrade, are you just talking about the 2.5 module? Or is there something Ive been missing with a physical display screen upgrade?

31 minutes ago, Bernard Sarazin said:

Does anyone know if it can be done 

Do you guys mean ONSTAR navigation? As in turn by turn voice only. And you want to add the onscreen navigation? If so, yes its pretty easy to add factory navigation. As long as you have the large touch screen. 

5 hours ago, RACERX7775 said:

Mag, when you say screen upgrade, are you just talking about the 2.5 module? Or is there something Ive been missing with a physical display screen upgrade?

As you can see in the photo, some models of silverado's were offered with a smaller 4" screen as opposed to the big 8" screen. This client upgraded from the small screen to the larger one and added carplay/aa functionality. 

1 hour ago, RACERX7775 said:

Do you guys mean ONSTAR navigation? As in turn by turn voice only. And you want to add the onscreen navigation? If so, yes its pretty easy to add factory navigation. As long as you have the large touch screen. 

What is needed to make this change? do I need software or hardware or both  can I just get HMI reprogrammed?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2019 at 11:36 AM, GTPprix said:

Contact us for the fitment matrix.

Hi Chris I have a 2015 silverado that has the 8" display and text icon and i want to add the Android Auto /car play functionality what all do i need to buy and who can program it?