Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

3 minutes ago, th3magpi3 said:

You can plug it in all you want, it won't damage it but it will display the theft lock icon.

If you're interested in just getting an old 2.0 HMI I will sell you one pre programmed to your VIN for $100 plus shipping. Let me know if this interests you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might take you up on that offer! Very good fair price for sure! With this 2.0HMI will I be able to use the 8” screen I got used and the backup camera?? 

• Like 1

I might take you up on that offer! Very good fair price for sure! With this 2.0HMI will I be able to use the 8” screen I got used and the backup camera?? 

Without issue. Send me a PM and we'll sort out the details my friend!

• Like 1

On 3/25/2019 at 1:09 PM, GTPprix said:

Correct you’ll need the harness from Pgamboa if you wish to utilize that feature. 10 second plug and play install :)

Chis, I received all my pieces this week and installed them today. I no longer have rear camera, either in normal operation or in forward motion. I installed the harness from @pgamboa. Getting service camera notification.  I have not yet tried Android Auto--just didn't have a cable on me at the time, and I have not tried nav in motion yet but all else seems fine as far as I can tell. At this point, having normal function of rear camera is a priority for me since I have a contractors cap. I disconnected the battery for about 10 mins and took it for a drive. Didn't change anything. Any ideas?

Chis, I received all my pieces this week and installed them today. I no longer have rear camera, either in normal operation or in forward motion. I installed the harness from [mention=159655]pgamboa[/mention]. Getting service camera notification.  I have not yet tried Android Auto--just didn't have a cable on me at the time, and I have not tried nav in motion yet but all else seems fine as far as I can tell. At this point, having normal function of rear camera is a priority for me since I have a contractors cap. I disconnected the battery for about 10 mins and took it for a drive. Didn't change anything. Any ideas?

If you are seeing that menu at all the camera is enabled but not getting signal please contact us via our website for support as usual; this wont be a hard one to troubleshoot :)

Chis, I received all my pieces this week and installed them today. I no longer have rear camera, either in normal operation or in forward motion. I installed the harness from [mention=159655]pgamboa[/mention]. Getting service camera notification.  I have not yet tried Android Auto--just didn't have a cable on me at the time, and I have not tried nav in motion yet but all else seems fine as far as I can tell. At this point, having normal function of rear camera is a priority for me since I have a contractors cap. I disconnected the battery for about 10 mins and took it for a drive. Didn't change anything. Any ideas?

Send me a PM and let’s go over this.

@the3magpi3 New to the forum but I’ve read almost every page of this thread. I have a 15 Sierra with the text app icon... I want to add CarPlay. Are you selling the hmi and radio modules or simply selling the programming? 
Thanks in advance 

Sent you a PM!

33 minutes ago, GTPprix said:

If you are seeing that menu at all the camera is enabled but not getting signal please contact us via our website for support as usual; this wont be a hard one to troubleshoot :)

Hey Chris. Thanks for the quick reply. I went back and checked it without the additional harness and it works fine. AA works great and so does NAV in motion. Going to work with @pgamboa to see if he has any thoughts that might be harness related. Thanks!

Hey Chris. Thanks for the quick reply. I went back and checked it without the additional harness and it works fine. AA works great and so does NAV in motion. Going to work with [mention=159655]pgamboa[/mention] to see if he has any thoughts that might be harness related. Thanks!

You’re most welcome! Phil will get you all fixed up I assure you; he’s awesome!
  • Like 1

I have a 2016 without CarPlay. 

I got a flashed 2.5 HMI to my vin from Dokus223 on eBay.  Works perfect. No other modifications other that swapping out the HMI. Thanks Mike! 

06B50F97-E4CC-4B7B-A124-0EFA05C7D8D9.jpeg

Hi All:

I am obviously new to this forum and looking to upgrade my 2015 GMC 1500 Denali with Carplay. As anyone selling a decent priced HMI unit? I have the nav, don't care if I keep it since I can get it through Carplay or Android Auto.. Just want to make sure that I an going in the right direction, seems like everything on Ebay is over priced to a point. 

Thoughts or help?

Thanks in advance.

Hi All:

I am obviously new to this forum and looking to upgrade my 2015 GMC 1500 Denali with Carplay. As anyone selling a decent priced HMI unit? I have the nav, don't care if I keep it since I can get it through Carplay or Android Auto.. Just want to make sure that I an going in the right direction, seems like everything on Ebay is over priced to a point. 

Thoughts or help?

Thanks in advance.

Hey there. Send me a PM I can get you sorted!

Hey guys...newbie here.  Just bought a 2016 Silverado with the IOS 5 and 8 inch screen.  I wanted to do factory navigation but reading this thread along with a ton of others it seems like I would benefit just using Android Auto and using Waze.  

Doing this research, and reading a ton of posts on different forums I am still stuck on what ACTUALLY needs done.  I have the 2016 USB I need in my jumpseat console...so at this point, do I just pick up a Non-nah 2.5 HMI and have it flashed?  By doing this, this would enable the "Projection" function on my screen to use Waze from plugging my phone in to the console USB?

If not, anyone recommend part numbers, or someone on here to flash my VIN that has them in stock besides MVI, GMNav, or any of the other company's who want an arm and a leg?

Thanks,

Marc

38 minutes ago, bloodsweatandbeard said:

Hey guys...newbie here.  Just bought a 2016 Silverado with the IOS 5 and 8 inch screen.  I wanted to do factory navigation but reading this thread along with a ton of others it seems like I would benefit just using Android Auto and using Waze.  

Doing this research, and reading a ton of posts on different forums I am still stuck on what ACTUALLY needs done.  I have the 2016 USB I need in my jumpseat console...so at this point, do I just pick up a Non-nah 2.5 HMI and have it flashed?  By doing this, this would enable the "Projection" function on my screen to use Waze from plugging my phone in to the console USB?

If not, anyone recommend part numbers, or someone on here to flash my VIN that has them in stock besides MVI, GMNav, or any of the other company's who want an arm and a leg?

Thanks,

Marc

I have a 16 also. 

That is the only thing I did. Swapped out the 2.0 HMI with a flashed 2.5 HMI from Dokus223 off eBay.  Package arrived a day early.  I figure the dealer would at least ding me over a 100 bucks to flash a used 2.5 anyway so the 240 bucks for a flashed 2.5 shipped to my home was a deal for me. Text works,  Siri works, maps works, audio (phone and music) works, steering wheel buttons work.  Just like it should have in the first place.