So I have been looking around for a level kit I think I want to go with a 2inch level on the front. 

But I'm not too sure on what one to get?

I have seen the rough country one for a reasonable price. I was also looking at motofab.

Is there any others that I should consider? Also with a level kit void a factory warranty? Post some photos of your level lift! Or give me some input on things to be aware about.

20180731_115331.jpg

12 hours ago, rae185 said:

Also with a level kit void a factory warranty?

yeah, search around, you'll find more threads than you care to read about leveling kits.

Mods don't void the whole warranty, but adding a level kit may result in denied coverage for affected components on the front end steering, suspension, etc.

This is a link to a large, helpful and seldom entertaining thread.  I would re-name it,  The Rise and Fall of the Lift Kit.   You are wise to research the topic of levels and lifts before jumping in... learn from others' experiences.  You will soon discover that the actual initial cost and brand of a 2" level kit are perhaps the least significant part of the decision.

35 minutes ago, Donstar said:

This is a link to a large, helpful and seldom entertaining thread.  I would re-name it,  The Rise and Fall of the Lift Kit.   You are wise to research the topic of levels and lifts before jumping in... learn from others' experiences.  You will soon discover that the actual initial cost and brand of a 2" level kit are perhaps the least significant part of the decision.

Now I read through a little bit and saw that level kits may cause issues and what not with the certain upper control arms. 

Thanks for the links!

13 minutes ago, rae185 said:

Now I read through a little bit and saw that level kits may cause issues and what not with the certain upper control arms. 

Thanks for the links!

Negatives are usually easier to find about most things but look for posts that support you.  I believe a 1-2" level will present minimal risk of future problems but it will not enhance the performance, efficiency or hauling capabilities of your truck.  A level kit will alter the appearance of your truck and may accommodate larger tires.  Choosing oversize tires present a whole new set of pros and cons!

8 hours ago, Donstar said:

Negatives are usually easier to find about most things but look for posts that support you.  I believe a 1-2" level will present minimal risk of future problems but it will not enhance the performance, efficiency or hauling capabilities of your truck.  A level kit will alter the appearance of your truck and may accommodate larger tires.  Choosing oversize tires present a whole new set of pros and cons!

That the OP should know is also well covered and can be answered searching rather than opening a new thread...

This is spot on and they are right about warranty, it will impact those parts that are directly related. Don't expect to get a ball joint or wheel bearing replaced but your AC system will be covered!

Tyler

Edited by amxguy1970
  • Like 1