2019 Chevrolet Colorado Bison Drops - Images And Details

Gorehamj

bison front driving.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
9-6-2018

bison skids.jpg

The all-new 2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison was revealed today. The Bison is primarily a Colorado ZR2, but with some modifications from GM's new off-road partner, American Expedition Vehicles (AEV). The Bison will come standard with all of the ZR2's gear.

In addition to that, the Bison will have hot-stamped boron steel skidplates covering the front and rear lockers, oil pan, fuel tank, and transfer case. The Bison also features unique steel front and rear bumpers. The front bumper is winch-ready and has standard fog lights. The rear has standard recovery points.

bison bumper and foglight.jpg

The drivetrain options are the same as the ZR2, and the Bison has the same added track width and 2" suspension lift over the Colorado Z71. 

bison rear.jpg

Under larger fender flares, the Bison has its own 17x8-inch wheels with Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires. 

bison seats.jpg

The Bison will be available in both crew and extended cab configurations with short and long beds respectively.

bison logo.jpg

Look for the Bison at Chevrolet dealers in January. We will update our coverage with price information when it becomes available. 

bison side trim.jpg
The bad-ass snorkel is not standard and Chevy will not provide it to you directly is we read the Chevy info correctly. Rather, it will be available from AEV and is adaptable to every Chevrolet Colorado trim, not just ZR2 and Bison. Details on the kit can be found here.

I can't believe this is happening of realzies!  The 24 year old inside of me wants that so bad!

But, the reality for 30 year old me, is that I've gone off road in my lifted Canyon about 3 times in the last 3 years.  It's been wicked fun each time, but since I don't have any trails nearby, it does not make sense to buy a high value vehicle that is optimized for off road driving. 

Pretty sweet! Not sure about the Snorkel, but the badging and name.
I am sure this one will top 50k.

It sounds like the snorkel is optional.

You can already build a 2018 ZR2 for over $50k if you add all the options, upgrades, and accessories GM offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/6/2018 at 8:52 AM, rkj__ said:

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2019-chevrolet-colorado-zr2-bison-debut/

Ok, after reading the details, I'm a little less excited, as this vehicle falls far from the truck shown at SEMA.  It's still an awesome truck though. 

Yeah it needed bigger tires at a minimum. BDS has a big lift coming out for the ZR2 that will allow the use of 35" tires.

Anybody know if there are aftermarket gears for these trucks yet? They're using a Dana M220 in the rear. Not sure if anything is available for the front diff yet. Gearing would be my biggest concert followed closely by the ZR2-specific CV axles.

Yeah it needed bigger tires at a minimum. BDS has a big lift coming out for the ZR2 that will allow the use of 35" tires.

Anybody know if there are aftermarket gears for these trucks yet? They're using a Dana M220 in the rear. Not sure if anything is available for the front diff yet. Gearing would be my biggest concert followed closely by the ZR2-specific CV axles.

Not sure if compatibility is any different for the ZR2, but Nitro offers 4.56 gears for the Colorado. It’s a big change from stock.

http://www.nitro-gear.com/GM-Gear-Package-p/gpcolorado-4.56.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk