What Have You Done With Your T1 Today ?????

Hey, I just got these. The back row has an extra little lip that gets in the way of the under-seat-cargo tray. Does yours have that? I may have ordered the wrong one.bc471ea5fb8510f9d236f7dd2e7cb74a.jpgbcfedfc16d989781ea3807b04867e93c.jpg374a9401b56c02545cd112f8c50e9e90.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Needs to be cut. Install sheet should’ve said that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Isaac Hinsley said:

It looks like you and I may have the exact same truck!
Havana brown short box
I have the RST,
What is yours?
Sorry for the grainy pics. Its night time7bd31d3627750ad1ac9ed8c3947311bf.jpg34c4d6a2bb2c1711bf776758740ce0b0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

High Country, 5.3L 2WD.

• Like 1

Replaced the GE clock radio sounding speakers in the back and did some sound deadening while things were apart.

I could forgive the relative lack of volume from the stock ones, but not the total lack of any high range sound and lack of clarity. With the Kicker sub back there, I really wanted some speakers with proper tweeters to make it sound a little brighter. Bought these JBLs from Crutchfield for $59.99, w/ free harness adapters, free speaker mounts and free shipping. Seemed like a no brainer to give it a try. They are one of the more sensitive aftermarket speakers I found at a reasonable cost, and they sound a hell of a lot better and clearer than the Bose!!!

56C9F93C-4765-4196-867C-A7A8450B3770.thumb.jpeg.d0eb7f0d25c36775a93653f13c3d56e1.jpegD7BCC0B5-A9ED-492A-8422-7B1B84E23B46.thumb.jpeg.a17f63291047cf4379b7657e7450ba25.jpeg

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Replaced the GE clock radio sounding speakers in the back and did some sound deadening while things were apart.

I could forgive the relative lack of volume from the stock ones, but not the total lack of any high range sound and lack of clarity. With the Kicker sub back there, I really wanted some speakers with proper tweeters to make it sound a little brighter. Bought these JBLs from Crutchfield for $59.99, w/ free harness adapters, free speaker mounts and free shipping. Seemed like a no brainer to give it a try. They are one of the more sensitive aftermarket speakers I found at a reasonable cost, and they sound a hell of a lot better and clearer than the Bose!!!

56C9F93C-4765-4196-867C-A7A8450B3770.thumb.jpeg.d0eb7f0d25c36775a93653f13c3d56e1.jpegD7BCC0B5-A9ED-492A-8422-7B1B84E23B46.thumb.jpeg.a17f63291047cf4379b7657e7450ba25.jpeg

That’s awesome! I got the Kicker sub coming next week, so I might have to do this too. Do you have a link for the speakers? And how hard was it to remove the door panel? Thanks!

Edited by ausomecasey

19 minutes ago, ausomecasey said:

That’s awesome! I got the Kicker sub coming next week, so I might have to do this too. Do you have a link for the speakers? And how hard was it to remove the door panel? Thanks!

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_109CT621G/JBL-621.html

Door panels are very easy to remove and put back on, I’ve had all four of mine off now to do various things. There are a lot of vids on YouTube, fronts and backs come apart the same exact way. Main sketchy part is the fake wood trim pieces. The clips are REALLY tight, and the trim has a little “tongue” that goes into the armrest so you can’t just rip them straight off.

Crutchfield does send you a PDF with color photographic instructions too. Don’t want to sound like a shill for them because I’ve never bought anything else from them and probably won’t again anytime soon. But it was a good experience and a good deal.

9 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Door panels are very easy to remove and put back on, I’ve had all four of mine off now to do various things. There are a lot of vids on YouTube, fronts and backs come apart the same exact way. Main sketchy part is the fake wood trim pieces. The clips are REALLY tight, and the trim has a little “tongue” that goes into the armrest so you can’t just rip them straight off.

Crutchfield does send you a PDF with color photographic instructions too. Don’t want to sound like a shill for them because I’ve never bought anything else from them and probably won’t again anytime soon. But it was a good experience and a good deal.

Cool, thanks for the info

14 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Nice work!  So the sound is that much better?  Did you replace the fronts?  I don't have the sub just LTZ Bose but I'd like some better sound all around.  

57 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Have you replaced the front speakers?  If so, what did you use?  

8 minutes ago, cltsig said:

Nice work!  So the sound is that much better?  Did you replace the fronts?  I don't have the sub just LTZ Bose but I'd like some better sound all around.  

6 minutes ago, Steve-2019 said:

Have you replaced the front speakers?  If so, what did you use?  

Fronts are all stock Bose. I sound deadened the front doors to get rid of rattles and tighten things up and it sounds pretty good to me. The sub helps too. It takes some of the load off the front speakers so they don’t get all distorted from being overworked.

My main problem was with the back speakers. I know they are just fill and I can tell they don’t get a lot of power, but they were shockingly bad. If you fade 100% to the rear you’ll hear what I’m talking about.

I replaced one back speaker, left the other stock and turned the stereo on to get a feel for the difference and it’s substantial. The JBLs are a lot clearer and actually contribute some mid and high frequencies. Unlike the Bose that just sounded monotone.

Finding an efficient replacement speaker for back there is critical though. Because as I said, they are not getting a lot of power at all. I highly doubt they are even on the Bose amp, probably just driven by the head unit.

2 hours ago, f0urtw3nty said:

bed stake pocket covers, wet okole neoprene seat covers, short antenna & led license plate & reverse lights. just the basics so far 

66445772-CE49-43DA-952C-C28D06ED69E7.jpeg

81F6D77B-39D1-4F8B-BD8C-4EA0BE1CC95A.jpeg

07708746-2118-4395-840D-D4E9C796B15E.jpeg

Whered you get the pocket stake covers?